1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

"Black Hole Eats Earth."

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by ROMOSAPIEN9, Mar 30, 2008.

1. ROMOSAPIEN9

ROMOSAPIEN9 Proud Grandpa

2,250 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For you guys and gals that know a lot about science.......Explain this Stuff!!!

LINK
  2. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,747 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    Hmmm.....Is this the reason they shut down the super collider project outside of Waxahatchee...uhhh,Waxihatchie.....uhhh, Wixahetchie...uhhh,oh hell,Ennis,some years back??? Or did they just run out of money???
  3. Signals

Signals Suspicious looking stranger

4,588 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I, like Wagner, am not mollified either, but on the other hand the best case scenario is that the Redskins would disappear. The worse case scenario is that I might lose my flip flops on my journey through the black hole.

Does anyone know if they have a Whataburger on the other side of the Universe? It would be a drag to be that far away from home and not be able to get a good burger.
  4. ROMOSAPIEN9

2,250 Messages
    0 Likes Received

This may sound silly, but I always thought Whataburger's ketchup tasted the best of any fast food burger joint.
  5. The Rawhide Kid

The Rawhide Kid Gunslinger

753 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've always thought that too. I believe it's the onion powder they put in it. I always walk out of their with pockets full of the stuff.
  6. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,404 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    I probably shouldn't reveal this, but Starbuck's secret ingredient... Whataburger ketchup.
  7. ROMOSAPIEN9

2,250 Messages
    0 Likes Received

IN WHAT!?!

YUCK!!
  8. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,588 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    omg :laugh2:
  9. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,780 Likes Received
    The odds of it happening are infinitesimal, but if it were to happen, there wouldn't be any panic in the streets or any end of the world proclamations. The gravity well of a black hole is so incredibly immense, that even if a pebble-sized black hole were to spring into existence all of a sudden, the Earth would be devoured in seconds. Maybe not even that long.

Fantasy black holes aren't worth worrying about. That black hole sitting about 30,000 light years away in the center of the galaxy is worth screaming in the streets about. Of course, it won't eat us for a few billion years or so...
  10. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,404 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    I'm sure you and "Mr. Biscuit" will be quite safe with your modified Y2K-suits.

[IMG]

:muttley:
  11. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,780 Likes Received
    Real black hole --> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9898083/

No joke. :)
    That cat should REALLY scratch that guy's eyes out for that nonsense. :laugh2: