1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: "DMN: Campcast" = Camptrash

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cleverusername, Jul 28, 2006.

1. cleverusername

cleverusername New Member

803 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/?nl

Hansen and Mosley's post press conference show was nothing but trash talking. Most of the time they ragged on Parcells, but they even start talking crap about the fans. Man, I hate these "know it all" media types that never have anything positive to say. I couldn't even get through the whole show. I had to turn it of because I couldn't stand the jibber jabber any more. I can't believe I used to like Dale Hansen. What happened to that guy?
  2. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can't believe you used to like Dale Hansen either.

;)

Really though, I agree with your sentiment. There might have been a time that Dale was good. But I can't remember it. I can't remember ever not loathing the guy. I don't understand why he still has a job. He is obnoxious.
  3. cleverusername

803 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What was I thinking?:)

When I was a kid I liked listening to him and Brad Sham on the radio broadcast and turning the TV volume down. There is only so much Madden I can take.

P.S Is that Kinky?
  4. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,420 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    Man, I hate Hansen...
  5. cleverusername

803 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Was he drunk asking a quetion like that at the press conference?:laugh1:
  6. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,420 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    No, he was completely sober. He's just THAT stupid.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    He's not stupid, just an egomaniac. He was just announcing to Bill, Jerry and everyone within earshot that he's here and he means business. Bill was completely nonplussed, which of course only makes a guy like Hansen even more furious.
  8. GTaylor

GTaylor Gif Dude

1,849 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's what it sounds like, sour grapes.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/blogs/?p=1063

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

It’s only the first day of Dallas Cowboys training camp here in Oxnard, California, but at least one major player is already in mid-season form. Long-time WFAA-Channel 8 sports anchor Dale Hansen got Day 1 off to a rousing start, purposely directing football-specific questions to owner Jerry Jones and away from head coach Bill Parcells during the team’s opening news conference.
    Hansen–lemme see, how shall I put this?–has developed a contentious relationship with the coach. If that’s to say it’s a relationship at all. “I did it mostly because he’s a ****,” Hansen said of Parcells. “Trust me, Channel 8 is through doing positive stories on the Cowboys.” Wow. Hansen’s stance evolved from his disgust over the treatment of and access granted to local media. During the days of GM Tex Schramm, for example, Dallas’ training camp practices were on live local television. Today, Parcells’ dictatorship mandates TV crews not film contact drills and keeps assistant coaches under a constant gag order. After Friday’s news conference, Parcells even forced two TV satellite trucks–which were unmanned at the time, no less–to move from their parking spots adjacent to where the Cowboys were running sprints.
    “Tex is rolling over in his grave,” said Hansen. And the metroplex’s No. 1 sports station’s philosophical change toward the organization formerly known as America’s Team doesn’t stop there. Hansen, whose nightly 30-minute specials and whose live sparring match with former coach Barry Switzer made him a camp legend, is only here for the weekend. After Hansen’s live interview of Jones Sunday night, Channel 8 will air only its regular four-minute sportscasts throughout camp. “I know I’m spitting into the wind,” admitted Hansen, who tried unsuccessfully to lobby other local stations into adopting his stance in an effort to force a more media-friendly change. “But at this rate eventually we’ll have no access at all, and Super Bowls will be on pay-per-view.”
    Another sign of the switch: Channel 8 was the only station to not cover Terrell Owens’ recent book signing at an Irving Wal-Mart. “Call it what you want, but we’re pulling back,” Hansen said. “And when the Cowboys come to us in December wanting us to shoot their visits to local hospitals, I’m gonna tell them, “We’ll just use the network feed” and see how they like that.” Stay tuned.
  9. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Hansen seems to think he has some kind of power, there were over 50 media people at the event today you think anyone cares that channel 8 doesnt want to cover the Cowboys? That will just dump you in the ratings lol
  10. J-DOG

J-DOG Active Member

2,135 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You got that right...and once that happens Hansen's stance may be out the door and looking in.
  11. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Hansen is the sole reason I dont watch wfaa
    Hansen is a major part of why I dont listen to espn 1033 anymore.

I think it is funny how he thinks he is more important than the team or the head coach, a first ballot hall of famer. Hansen is a tv sportscaster in Dallas not even the biggest market in the country.

Nothing like a small time guy trying to big time a big time guy.

He is completely classless. I am so happy I will not have to hear him talk cowboys during pre or post game shows at all this year.

All I have to say is good luck to espn1033's ratings. I cant imagine they even register but now that the ticket has the cowboys ..well good luck to them.

One more thing, wfaa does nothing special as far as cowboys news and never has, it always has been about hansen hating parcells, thats it, since day 1 he has been wanting him to fail and been going on the air everyday to let it be known that he doesnt like parcells....

Too bad cbs 11 and fox 4 have the best cowboys coverage anyway.

Hansen really made himself look like a real jerk today. I hope he continues this activity and leaves the market asap.
  12. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Could Dale Hansen have a bigger sense of self-importance? LOL.
  13. BigDFan5

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I left a comment on there but I doubt it gets approved by the "blog owner" lol
  14. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,055 Likes Received
    Kittymama got posted. I got posted earlier. They're posting them... They just take a min to do it.

15. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Yeah, thanks to Bill Parcells and his stupid camera restrictions, the Cowboy have hardly been talked about at all by local or national media this offseason.
  16. BigDFan5

14,920 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    No I REALLY doubt they post mine LOL
  17. J-DOG

J-DOG Active Member

2,135 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't live in the metroplex so I don't see the antics that Hansen is up to now, but I still remember when he was doing the radio broadcasts with Brad back in the day.
    Hansen was a pain in the arse then and from what I gather now, he still is.
    For any Cowboy fan to say they like Hansen is amazing to me.
  18. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

LOL

that and Dale is comparing the 70s and early 80s media to the media of 2006.

You know internet, sattellite radio, local tv, espn, fox sports, the sporting news etc.

and everyone of their jobs is to find the flaw, find the first crack in the armor and emphasise the negative.

I just saw ed werders report on espn, they played a clip parcells said from today when asked about greg ellis and then used it in a TO clip with him playing in the background catching balls.......Completely changed the meaning....he was answering a question about ellis, but espn just edited into a segment and used it like he was talking about Owens.

I wonder why, parcells, belichick, crennel, cowher and schottenheimer limit media credentials and access....? Maybe cause they do crap like that...

Its not that bad by the way, look at snyder in washington he bought radio stations and threatened newspapers there.....

anyway hansen boycotted the rangers 2 years ago because showalter wouldnt give him an interview at training camp, he did the exact same thing, he packed up and left suprise arizona....He is not even being original here. He is a such a self loathing tool it is not even funny.
  19. Bull Frog

Bull Frog Active Member

713 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Don't forget he would barely acknowledge the Stars and he's supposed to be a sports director.

Mediots like Hansen do not get it. They think it is about them. He, like JFE, think they know what fans want. They think we care what their personal feelings are about the Cowboys. We want the X's and O's not the B and the S questions about hypotheticals. The media, and not just in sports, is no longer a conduit to the public. It's funny how they think TO is an egomanic and at the same time they make themselves the story. The hypocrisy.
  20. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Wow! I can't believe he said he's through doing positive stories on the Cowboys! And is cutting back the Cowboys segments? The long-running joke (or not) has always been that Hansen shows so much Cowboys stuff even in the offseason. He always claimed that the DFW sports fan cared about the Cowboys, Cowboys, and Cowboys in that order -- which infuriated Mavericks and Rangers fans, but seemed to pay off in ratings.

So Hansen is really cutting off his nose to spite his face.