1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

"Thanks for the question... you little jerk."

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Danny White, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    That's what McCain said to a kid who asked him a rather blunt question.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/5222.html

First, the kid was being a jerk... what is it with kids these days?

But I will say no other candidate would have ended his answer with such rancor. I really question McCain's temperament. And before someone says "but he was joking" that was clearly one of those jokes where you mean every single word.
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,079 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    :lmao2: he should set it up next time where he slaps a planted kid ....

But yea I think the guy is a little of his rocker ....
  3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,525 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I don't think it played poorly at all. I liked McCain eight years ago when he was so scandalously slandered by Rove and co., but it appears that his political moment has passed. Who is his constituency in the present political environment?
  4. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    His campaign is dying a slow death.
  5. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    If anything that will put him back in the sound bite fold as he tries to pull his campaign out of the nose dive, frankly it is over for him and the only less conservative man on his side of the aisle that is running is Giulliani.

My prediction is that Rmoney methodically plods to the finish line with Mike Huckabee close behind.

Fred Thompson might have a cabinet position if a Republican is elected but he won't be on the ticket and the fad of his star will soon fade fast.

Look for a very predictable Romney/Huckabee ticket to take on the even more evident Clinton/ Obama banner, incredible that Hillary has found someone she can appear moderate against as her running mate.

That will be your most likely 2008 election unless something totally unexpected occurs such as Mark Warner jumping in for the Democrats or Arnold Schwarzenegger having the benefit of a constitutional amendment, in which case I'd vote for Warner between the two, maybe even take Warner over Romney depending on his running mate.
  6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,525 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I don't care for his politics but Huckabee is a very articulate and effective speaker. He is polling quite low nationally, though, isn't he? A simple matter of name recognition? He's my dark horse pick on the republican side as well.
  7. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,910 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    I was expecting to see a little 5 year old, that wasn't a little kid, that was a teenage punk trying to get a rise out of the old boy. Not that I am a Mccain apologist or anything but he seemed to handle it quite well.
  8. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I'd never vote for McCain. There was a time when I considered him to be somewhat of an original candidate, but i've since seen the light.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,291 Messages
    4,609 Likes Received
    The thought of the scripted Romney possibly being the next President almost makes me as ill as if the next president was hillary.

Uggghhh
  10. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,079 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    It will be the same old politics as usual ..... :bang2:
  11. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Rancor? The whole tone was tongue in cheek as befitting a question like that. MacCain handled it well by being facetious.
  12. Big Dakota

Big Dakota New Member

11,875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm a minority, and i'm liberal. I don't back this guy in any way but i do respect this man, and must say i loved the retort.!!!

Little jerk:lmao2: