1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Race to the Edge - Quinn v. Miller

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Wood, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,342 Messages
    402 Likes Received
    By: Carl Hammill
    http://nfldraftrage.com/

Race to the Edge - Quinn v. Miller

Photo finish heading into Draft
    Debated, over analyzed, and self promoted (see Miller) this duo are vying for the spot as top pass rusher heading into 2011 NFL Draft. But who has the edge? They both had terrific campaigns in 2009 (see table below). Things got trickier in 2010 as Quinn was suspended and Miller played with an ankle sprain which limited his playmaking ability. Let’s get into the numbers to see who rules the QB sack kingdom.

read more here: http://nfldraftrage.com/articles/race-to-the-edge-quinn-v-miller/
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,231 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Miller wins by a mile
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    Quinn's resume is just too short for me, early on in the draft process a lot of people were gaga over him.

You kept hearing about how he was a freak physically, how he was going to blow up the combine by doing 35 reps and jumping 50 inches, etc.

After the combine, when his numbers were good but not great, a lot of the fan fare disappeared. Which isn't fair at all. If you loved him before the combine, you should have loved him after.

For my part, I think Miller is a special talent and even beyond that, he's a better person. I do think Quinn has some good potential, but I don't think he's so different from Aldon Smith in that regard.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,818 Messages
    2,663 Likes Received
    I would take Quinn, but maybe that's because I haven't seen him as much and therefore haven't seen his flaws as much.
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,959 Messages
    555 Likes Received
    Miller is a better athlete and much more well rounded. Quinn and Smith don't do much for me aside from their bulk. I'd rather wait and take Justin Houston in the late 1st/early 2nd though.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,611 Messages
    3,344 Likes Received
    Either are going to do well. Miller is going to be very special.
  7. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,844 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Come at me bro
  8. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  9. WilmingtonHeel

WilmingtonHeel Member

910 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's Miller but NOT by a mile Quinn is just 20 years old and is about 20 heavier. He played DE in college not OLB like Miller I believe Quinn will be better in the long run
  10. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,419 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    hahaha