Raiders’ Marshawn Lynch Sits During National Anthem Before Preseason Game

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Nirvana, Aug 13, 2017 at 4:36 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

5,909 Messages
    3,204 Likes Received

I wonder how often we'll see this around the league this year. I disagree with it but support his right to do it.

Melonfeud likes this.
  2. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Well-Known Member

1,345 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    Good for him. I support him.

3. diefree666

diefree666 Well-Known Member

1,123 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    Lynch has always been odd. Who knows what his motivation is?
    He might have done it just to screw with people - so many lap it up.

Manwiththeplan likes this.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 Attorney-at-Zone

30,808 Messages
    7,218 Likes Received
    His motivation is exactly what you think it is. Marshawn Lynch is no dummy. You think he just "retired" with no intention of coming back?

5. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

4,694 Messages
    4,975 Likes Received
    Fortunately for Lynch his talent allows him to do this and stay in the league. I'm so glad the Cowboys don't have this problem. Looks like all the Cowboys players at least respect what the national anthem and the flag represents.

6. erod

erod Well-Known Member

17,079 Messages
    19,386 Likes Received
    Self before the team. Good job, Marshawn. Great employee you are.

7. Robbieac

Robbieac Well-Known Member

2,350 Messages
    578 Likes Received
    Really Lynch? Not this crap again. Can we just let football be about football please?

And also can the media stop reporting on this and throwing it in our faces? If someone didnt stand for the anthem 10 years ago......noone would have cared. Now the biased media trys to make a story about it every single time. Just leave it and politics out of my pasttime please!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 11:34 AM
  8. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,218 Messages
    1,167 Likes Received
    While I dont agree with it, no matter what his motivation is, he has the right to do it. Only caveat is, if your employer decides they dont agree with your motivations, they have a right to tell you to do it elsewhere. Krapernick is exactly my point.

DFWJC, haleyrules and Melonfeud like this.
  9. sunbum

sunbum Well-Known Member

1,961 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    yawn......so original to disrespect your country and those who protect and serve. I wonder who Lynch would call if someone was breaking into his mansion?

10. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

8,155 Messages
    11,551 Likes Received
    Personal bodyguards probably. lol

11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

12,434 Messages
    4,578 Likes Received
    Yeah they don't have this problem they have the problem of people smoking weed, pulling guns out on people, domestic violence among other things...yeah I sure would hate to have this problem lol.

12. rocyaice

12,434 Messages
    4,578 Likes Received
    He'd do better not calling anyone lol.

13. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

3,449 Messages
    2,267 Likes Received
    Id like Lynch to write a 500 word thesis on what exactly he was protesting. Cant wait to see that literary gem.

14. sunbum

sunbum Well-Known Member

1,961 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    I have dozens of friends and coworkers who are minorities, all shades and colors and none seem to have any issue with the police. They obey the law, respect police and don't see themselves as perpetual victims - we must run in different crowds.

DFWJC and Robbieac like this.
  15. rocyaice

12,434 Messages
    4,578 Likes Received
    We definetly do. I don't have the authority to tell someone how they should or shouldn't feel in regards to police. I'm also not naive enough to believe that all people of color have all been treated by the police the same way.

16. dogunwo

dogunwo Franchise Tagged Zone Supporter

8,414 Messages
    3,291 Likes Received
    What is this supposed to mean? Because he is different from you, that means he can't write something coherent? Are you suggesting that your writing ability is so much better than his, that it's on par with published works? Or maybe because whatever he would write doesn't meet your high standards of what a literary work should be so his message would be invalid. Your post is so ridiculously stereotypical I can't believe you had the gall to even post it.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 1:15 PM
  17. sunbum

sunbum Well-Known Member

1,961 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    maybe you, CK and Marshawn can do something positive to effect change rather than insulting millions who hold the American flag and the national anthem as something sacred and a symbol of personal sacrifice. There is nothing remarkable about actions that only create division and alienation.

bkight13 likes this.
  18. casmith07

30,808 Messages
    7,218 Likes Received
    It's not an insult - signed, a Veteran.

Oh yeah also remember that time Marshawn went and helped build homes and schools in Haiti because of the earthquake?

You guys are so angry about this. Has it dawned on you that maybe black folks don't have it as good as you in this country?

19. casmith07

30,808 Messages
    7,218 Likes Received
    Sorry, police shootings of unarmed citizens isn't "politics", its human decency.

Humanity isn't politics, guys. I expect better from "patriotic" fans.

Melonfeud likes this.
  20. dogunwo

dogunwo Franchise Tagged Zone Supporter

8,414 Messages
    3,291 Likes Received
    The vast majority of people complaining about this have nothing to do with the military. But here isn't the place to have a mature discussion about this for either side, so let's just end it here before the thread gets shut down. It probably should be anyway.

CalPolyTechnique and casmith07 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.