1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Random Combine chatter....

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Feb 22, 2013.

1. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,057 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    i am also on the cooper badwagon. the guy looks like a nfl probowl lineman should look and he looked great in the drills. i am on the fence with fluker. i am worried about his weight loss. is he really committed in getting in good shape and stay there.
  2. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,848 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    On another note, the live stream and experience on nfl.com for this is fantastic.
  3. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,423 Messages
    679 Likes Received
    I am impressed with Fluker and would be happy to see him taken in the 1st. That wingspan is OT all the way. That bookends our line with two first round picks, puts Free on a bus out of Dallas without worries and whatifs. Let's do it.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,477 Messages
    6,581 Likes Received
    I'm not liking agreeing with Mayock so much.

Warmack is the best player in this class.
  5. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Yeah, Warmack is good, but he isn't the best player in this draft. Mayock needs to switch to decaf.
  6. Risen Star

20,477 Messages
    6,581 Likes Received
    No, I'm all about BPA in the draft. If they decide Fluker is that at 18, draft him. I just don't want the front office to then ignore the OL the rest of the way. Following that pick up with a G in round 2 or 3 isn't overkill. We need it desperately.

There really isn't a C in FA that I want. I'd move Bernadeau to C if we didn't end up drafting Jones or Frederick.
  7. Risen Star

20,477 Messages
    6,581 Likes Received
    I think he is the best player. If he played LT at the same level as he did G, he'd be the slam dunk 1st overall pick.
  8. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Fluker has some problems with his hips and footwork. That's important at the next level.
  9. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

..he might be the most dominant player at his POSITION but best overall player?Dunno...

btw....he has warmack going #4 overall and I would have NO problem with Cooper at 18 either: he looks studly for sure.
  10. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I may be a little off but I'd take Cooper over Warmack. Cooper can play both center and guard. He looks good in these drills.

Don't get me wrong, I like Warmack to and wouldn't be upset if he made it to 18. The problem is I don't think Warmack or Cooper will be there at this rate.
  11. Boys122

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Yeah, I have no doubt Warmack will be gone before we pick. Top ten for sure. Cooper may go shortly after. Hopefully he's there at 18.

He's making a good case for himself today though.
  12. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,366 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    You waste coopers athletic ability to play in space if you put him at center. Keep him at guard.
  13. Risen Star

20,477 Messages
    6,581 Likes Received
    Joeckel 5.22
  14. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,784 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    After the combine last year, a lot of people didn't think DeCastro would be there at our pick either. It's a long process. As it gets closer to the draft, the OG's will fall while QB's and pass rushers will rise.
  15. Risen Star

20,477 Messages
    6,581 Likes Received
    Lane Johnson 4.75
  16. ThreeandOut

1,784 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    He had a really poor start.
  17. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,848 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Though the 10 yard splits are probably more fitting for a lineman, that is impressive.
  18. Risen Star

20,477 Messages
    6,581 Likes Received
    Kyle Long ran a 4.93
  19. Risen Star

20,477 Messages
    6,581 Likes Received
    Armstead ran a 4.65
  20. ThreeandOut

1,784 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    The question I have about Flucker is whether he is athletic enough to play in the zone blocking scheme. He would have been a good fit on the Cowboys OL of five years ago, but I'm not so sure about the current line.

Johnson has the athleticism but does he have the strength to play RT?