1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Random Combine chatter....

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Risen Star, Feb 22, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,963 Messages
    1,996 Likes Received
    Fluker has done it on the field. Not just in shirt and shorts. Fluker manhandled the best DEs in the SEC. Thats saying something. If they pass on fluker i'd hope for Long in Rd2
  2. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....he was their best Olinman according to Chip Kelly who is very high on him. But I'm not going to argue: Fluker is rated higher NOW, but it's just that Long intrigues me...would have to move up in round 2 to get him I'm willing to bet.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,366 Likes Received
    I think its 7 mil but not sure of that.
  4. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...for the love of god, what are we WAITING FOR? Same with Austin: I read 5 mil savings earlier today: DO IT!!!!!!! 12 mil total to get rid of these 2 soft underachievers? BYE:rolleyes:
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,620 Messages
    5,779 Likes Received
    Yes, it is exactly 7M.
  6. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,502 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    dude do you even know what system Dallas runs. No way slow feet Fluker can play OT much less OG in a zone blocking scheme
  7. supercowboy8

5,502 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Alabama right tackle D.J. Fluker didn't have a good day in the field work. Fluker is a mauling blocker and his skills don't translate to the Combine events. In the field drills, Fluker displayed below-average feet as he was not fluid and stiff in some of the movement drills. In the down block combo drill, Fluker was slow pulling around and looping behind the tackle. Fluker's inability to slide in the field drills illustrates why he gave up a ton of sacks last year. He is generally viewed as a top-25 pick, but his pass protection is going to need work in the NFL.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Will Brinson ‏@willbrinson
    Soooo … @MockingTheDraft tells me Sam Montgomery told the press he basically didn't try as hard against smaller teams.
    Retweeted by Andrew Garda
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

:confused:

Detroit Lions News ‏@LionsMLive
    BYU's Ezekiel Ansah is a 'freak athletically' in Detroit Lions GM Martin Mayhew's opinion http://bit.ly/UVdOvh
    Expand

Walter Cherepinsky ‏@walterfootball
    #UGA LB Alec Ogletree meets with #Chiefs and #Eagles - http://walterfootball.com/draft2013meetingsprospects.php …
    Retweeted by Larry McDaniel

Scott Carasik ‏@ScottCarasik
    Sorry, just noticed a correction to Arthur Brown. Apparently he's only 6'0" 241. still, that's more than big enough to play all 3 LB spots.

Dane Brugler ‏@dpbrugler
    Hopkins said Xavier Rhodes is the toughest CB he's gone against #NFLCombine

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko
    I know it's just the combine but #UVA OT Oday Aboushi put up really poor numbers across the board today

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko
    #OregonSt. WR Markus Wheaton puts up 20 reps of 225 ... someone knows where the weight room is

Chris Steuber ‏@ChrisSteuber
    Reminds me a lot of Marvin Austin. MT @RobRang Missouri defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson measured in smaller than expected at 6-2, 294.
    View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

NFL ‏@nfl
    Terron Armstead wowed with his speed. But @MoveTheSticks says today's biggest story was Lane Johnson: http://on.nfl.com/MainLane
    Retweeted by Daniel Jeremiah
    View summary Reply Retweet Favorite More

14 mins The Huddle Report ‏@TheHuddleReport
    BOYLHART: Nothing wrong with #Stanford TE Zack Ertz blocking. Some Techniques issues but very correctable. More B S #nfldraft #nfl #sny
    Expand

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
    Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson was a 260-pound kick returner in high school. People didn't want to tackle you, huh? "Nope."

Joe Everett ‏@RookieDraft
    Sheldon Richardson DT #Missouri on what he does best; "Play recognition + hustle. You wont see a DT chasing plays 30 yards upfield like me."
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Cowboys Report ‏@cowboysreport
    #Cowboys: Cowboys plan to meet with Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o: http://bit.ly/132vKry
    View summary Reply Retweet Favorite More
  10. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,676 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Schewenke has 32" arms for a center that is fine, plus he is so athletic and will be used in motion to hit guys. I see 0 problems with him, a third round pick is low, he should go in the 2nd.
  11. supercowboy8

5,502 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    agreed 32 is just fine for a center
  12. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    Schwenke is a good option for us
  13. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys
    Basic upshot of JJ tweets: Dont hold breath for OL help. Romo staying, Austin paycut, see ya Spencer, JG made hires, JG choice to call plays
  14. DFWJC

23,472 Messages
    2,366 Likes Received
    Yeah, 32 is ok @ C.

I would not be so sure on Schewenke going in the 2nd tough.
  15. DFWJC

23,472 Messages
    2,366 Likes Received
    In the 3rd round or later.
  16. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
  17. DFWJC

23,472 Messages
    2,366 Likes Received
    I heard he won everybody over in his interviews today. Honor student, hard worker, drug free, no trouble....what's the issue?

I'm advocating taking him, but compared to most the guy is a freakin saint.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...ia-beautifully-and-proves-its-time-to-move-on
  18. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....I want good football players and he proved vs. Bama he can't hack it against elite competition. Clayton is right about his presser today: he sounded foolish and overwhelmed. I was embarrassed for him. HONOR student? Underwater BB stacking must still be popular with the players in S.Bend because this kid isn't the brightest bulb in the box. He has repeatedly shown that the last month or so. :rolleyes:
  19. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    I lost alot of respect for Bill Polian today on ESPN radio. Slobbering all over T'eo and saying if Swarbrick says he is in the clear there is no need to investigate further.:lmao: What?
  20. DFWJC

23,472 Messages
    2,366 Likes Received
    I've never been on the Teo train so I have no interest here one way or the other.
    Plus I'm not an ND fan either. :p:

But he was a ACADEMIC ALL-AMERICAN.

And compared to most schools, ND is not really known for cutting corners in the classroom.