1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Random fan writer say we need to trade Ware?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

962 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    A piece of the article:
    To recap: trading No. 94 would give the Cowboys three draft picks in the first two rounds this year, three draft picks in the first two rounds next year, and the financial flexibility to address some of their needs in free agency. This means that not only can they replace Ware with depth and youth, but they can also address other problems such as the offensive line.

The Link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-dallas-cowboys-consider-trading-demarcus-ware-155300942--nfl.html

I know its a no name writer but still kind of interesting. Also, I don't think We would get all those picks like the writer is stating.....
  2. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Active Member

962 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I just clicked on the writers name and he works for Bleacher report...:lmao2:
  3. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,428 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    There is really a fine line between "writer" and random person on a forum these days. When it comes to the Bleacher report, there's no line at all.

There are people here with far better football IQ right here at the zone. Having a by-line means nothing these days.
  4. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,098 Messages
    1,359 Likes Received
    Bleacher report. :rolleyes:

Still, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to trade Ware for a bundle of picks. Would I do it? Probably not... but we could get a lot of players.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,687 Messages
    3,180 Likes Received
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,348 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    No kidding. At Bleacher a fine line, in reality, is more of a drunken snail track.
  7. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,487 Messages
    757 Likes Received
    Hey, if it will give the Cowboys a shot at a franchise QB in next year's draft I don't see why it would be a horrible thing to consider.
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,288 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    I know its Bleecher, but if we are talking a pair of 1st rounders (one this year and one next year), then I am listening to the offer.

I love Ware, but for a pair of 1st rounders I am thinking about that trade hard.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

34,348 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received

That is not what the article said. The article said it would give us 3 picks in the first two rounds this year and next. We already have 2 picks in the first two rounds the next two years. This doesn't mean we would be getting two 1st round picks. It could mean we are getting one 1st and one 2nd round pick or it could mean two 2nd round picks.

This is Bleacher after all.
  10. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,459 Messages
    1,427 Likes Received
    Two first rounders would be hard to pass up as long as they are not late rounders anyways.

Ware isn't a spring chicken anymore but he still has gas in the tank. This is the kind of trade that can have almost immediate impact.

I am not sure I could trade Ware, but I would listen to offers to see if there is one I could not refuse.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

34,348 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    If you are willing to listen to this, and there is nothing at all wrong with listening, then I would think that you would have to listen to a trade for Romo as well.

It's basically the same deal on the other side of the ball.
  12. rags747

rags747 Active Member

990 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    I would be down with that, need to add a lot of new young talent. Im not sure what we could actually get though, would have to be someone that thinks that they are ready to turn the corner and make a serious run at it. I would definitely do it even for a 2nd and a third this year and a 2nd next year.
  13. dexternjack

5,459 Messages
    1,427 Likes Received
    If that was directed at me (not sure), I can answer. I would not seriously entertain any offers for Romo because there is no one waiting in the wing. I don't see the point of trading a franchise QB with no replacement ready to play. Romo is healthy and doesn't seem to be breaking down, unlike Ware. I love Ware but if he can yield some primo draft picks, I have to listen. Ware could very well be injury prone from here on out, we don't know.
  14. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,288 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    Oh, I misunderstood then.

If the offer is for a pair of 2nds, I say no. Maybe a 1st this year and a 2nd next year if the team is a scrub team that you know is going to be drafting high, like the Chiefs for example.

Moot point, the story is probably just made up since its Bleecher.
  15. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,756 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received
    Agreed. I think you could get something like a first and 2 seconds for him, and especially with all the holes on this team, that might be a good approach. However, he's a guy whose almost impossible replace, so a team would have to make an offer we can't refuse in order to pull the trigger.
  16. ABQCOWBOY

34,348 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received

There is nobody waiting in the wings for Ware either. I mean, one is the heart of the Defense and the other is the heart of the Offense.
  17. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,181 Messages
    756 Likes Received
    :facepalm: You guys do know that you also take a cap hit from his signing bonuses right?
  18. ABQCOWBOY

34,348 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    In the case of Romo, we would take it regardless. With Ware, I have no idea what that might be.
  19. dexternjack

5,459 Messages
    1,427 Likes Received
    True but Ware can be replaced more easily than Romo at this point in time. We can draft/FA a DE to replace Ware but there is no QB out there to replace Romo with, especially financially beneficial.

In essence, it would be a gamble to trade Ware betting on future injuries. If he plays hurt for 6 games again next season, they aren't getting as good as production again.

These scenarios are discussion only though, doubt this was a serious article.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

34,348 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received

Who would we be drafting or signing that could replace Ware and what do you think that might cost?

The injury question is a decent point but so too is the fact that we may not be able to resign Romo. There really is no guarantee that we could do that and not hurt ourselves, long term, cap wise. The risk would also be there for Romo.

However, I do agree. These are simply topics of discussion with no evidence of serious plausibility.