1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Random fan writer say we need to trade Ware?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Feb 8, 2013.

1. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,104 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Romo is off the table imo, Ware would hurt but Im willing to get younger and take the risk. Not sure we could get a 1st for Ware though. Who would be willing to take Ware 1st off? Saints possibly, Broncos maybe, NE maybe. would have to be a contender that is close imo.
  2. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,078 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Is it just me or do former Cowboys that go to another team look much better on their new team?? I know Newman played alot better this year than last. Seems Pac man has been pretty solid..Don't laugh but it seems that way to me.....
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,198 Messages
    1,886 Likes Received
    I have no idea on who to draft but re-signing Spencer would become more important.

I just think this team could get by w/o Ware better than w/o Romo.
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,045 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received
    Vikings might I think. If they matched him up with Allen, the Vikings would become a dominating defense over night. They currently have Brain Robison playing the other DE spot and he's an Unrestricted FA in 2014. He has had 8 and 8.5 sacks respectively over the past two seasons so when he hits the market, he is going to get overpaid. That is a team that might seriously consider a player like Ware.
  5. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    There are about 15 guys on Earth that do what Romo does. There are about 4-5 that do what Ware does and he or Von Miller is probably the best at it.

If I traded one, I'd probably trade the other too. But for business reasons, trading either is a non-starter.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,045 Messages
    1,919 Likes Received
    If you traded Romo, you could resign Spencer.
  7. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Indianapolis would trade in about 4 seconds. They have 45mm+ in cap room and are losing Freeney.

If they find a free agent guard and a tackle, they are in business for the next 4 years.
  8. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,514 Messages
    141 Likes Received
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,094 Messages
    4,434 Likes Received
    :laugh2: Nice
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,699 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    I absolutely love Ware. I'm as big a Ware fan as anyone can be but if someone offered me 2 first round picks for him, or any player on this team for that matter, I'd take the 2 first rounders and smile.

There is no chance even as great as Ware is that someone is giving us 2 first round picks for him.
  11. Shiloht88

Shiloht88 Benched

64 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It isn't, but it would suck to lose a franchise player. We need to address the teams needs for the future and plan after Romo is needed. I don't think I could handle going the ex baseball player/qb route again. If trading Ware helps us become more successful in the future I'm all for it.
  12. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,255 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I agree, I have been saying this for two seasons
  13. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,111 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    I didn't bother to read after I looked at the writer's credentials...
  14. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    You don't pride yourself in acquiring HOF talent and then trading it away because you think you can land with draft picks. You fill the holes where you can fill the holes. Ware, Witten and Romo are getting old, but we can still build a team around them and a team that would play well on their own as well.
  15. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Ware or Romo being traded would make the statement that this team is rebuilding and the Cowboys feel that the current roster can't become Super Bowl contenders. Jerry has too much invested with the current make-up and the direction of the team to consider something like this. If the Cowboys had drafted Dalton, or another good QB, I would be all behind moving Romo. I think Ware is starting his decline due to his body breaking down. I would consider moving him if a good offer comes along. Keeping a player too long is worse than getting rid of him a year or two early. This is the type of trade that a team like the Pats would do. They get rid of players before the bottom drops out.
  16. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,093 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Lets do them both.

Both of them are cap killers, both are past their primes and I'd let it rip.

This team is in a serious re-building mode right now. We are having to swallow the poison pill on the cap this year because of what the NFL penalized us and the Redskins over.

We are already done as far as being able to keep up with the rest of the NFC. Let's get this over with, let Romo AND Ware go..Romo by not re-signing him and Ware by trading him if there is a suitor.

Then we'll get the #1 pick next year, we get rid of Garrett and rebuild from there with a real HC.

I have no problem with any of that. What I don't get is this patchwork job of piecing together anymore staff and pretending Garrett is the next Tom Landry.

:star: RedBaLL ExPreSS:star:
  17. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I don't think it is time yet to completely blow up the team. If we can use this draft to build up the trenches, we have a shot at competing for a playoff spot.
  18. Bane

Bane New Member

25 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I wouldn't have any problem with trading Ware at all as long as we were able to get a lot of good draft picks out of it. If we were able to get a deal relatively close to the Herschel Walker trade or what the Rams got for the Number two pick last year, we could rebulid both of our lines and draft and groom Romo's replacement.
  19. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,535 Messages
    194 Likes Received

As much as I like Witten, he would be gone for the right price.
    Hannah has shown flashes.
  20. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,093 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    ..what this team needs now is the old Jimmy Johnson mentality to just start over.

He traded Walsh, Herschel and numerous others to kick start the REAL rebuilding. This just tinkering and replacing parts is never going to get it.

Parcells was the closest we have had to somebody trying to strip the team down to the essential needed parts and rebuilding from there. Romo was actually part of that process.

Time for him to be part of it again. I like Ware. He's been a good soldier, but he has made it impossible to get anybody else developed to complement him. He's being paid a ton, he's playing less each year and one day soon, he's going to the sidelines for good. Like Charles Haley did.

He's just beat up and he isn't going to get better going forward.

As for Romo, we have to avoid at all costs redoing his deal. This is his last season here I believe. If he doesn't actually win a division and a couple of playoffs, he's history.

:starspin RedBaLL ExPreSS:starspin