1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

random observations around the league

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by JoeyBoy718, Sep 30, 2012.

1. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,420 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received
    Patriots scored 31 points against the Bills in the 4th quarter. Haha.

Also, I was watching the end of the Panthers-Falcons game. Falcons were on their own 1 yard line with a little over a minute left and still drove down the field to win it. But check this play out... Last play of the game. Panthers need to go 80 yards in 5 seconds. Really no chance to win. But the O-line needs to block. Falcons only sent 2 rushers, they had 1 linebacker patrolling the middle of the field about 15 yards off the LOS, and they had 8 DBs patrolling deep. Panthers had 5 O-linemen and 1 TE blocking. John Abraham blew by all 6 blockers in less than 3 seconds to sack Cam Newton. Haha. wow. Anyway, that's all I have for now.
  2. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,081 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Its crazy as hell, I have absolutely no idea who is going to win from week to week
  3. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,116 Messages
    1,975 Likes Received
    That's why you can't make a living betting on NFL games and anyone who tells you otherwise is full of it.
  4. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,389 Messages
    1,416 Likes Received
    A living?

No.

You can make pretty good money off of them. The key is to have money to spend. Depends on how much one bets, but usually you have to hit around 52% of your bets to make money.

The problem is that you have touts that claim ridiculous numbers like 70%, which is a lie. If you have the money and could get near 55% of your picks, you could make a living betting on games. Where the folly is gamblers doing the over-under, that's for suckers. But point spreads can be bet on and can make a person a nice little income if they have the money to cover their losses.

YR