1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Randy Moss thinks he's the best receiver of all time

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Boys122, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
  2. HomerSimpson31

HomerSimpson31 Member

129 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Rice is easily the best receiver ever. He played and worked hard his entire career. After all the success he had,he still didn't think he was doing enough and said he strived to be better every day. Rice doesn't quit.Moss is one of the best but to say he is the best is just insane.
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,485 Messages
    2,075 Likes Received
    As does T.O., Ochocinco, etc. They all probably think they were the best and that attribute could be linked as to why they all were elite. I guess confidence is better than the opposite though.

Moss may be in the top 5, but he is not near Rice IMO. Although defenses were altered because of Moss, that doesn't make him the best of all-time.

Two great receivers in two different eras, hard to compare. I would still take Irvin over Moss any day of the week.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,913 Messages
    4,476 Likes Received
    At one time Moss was the most dangerous WR I've ever seen. He's still good. Very good. The greatest ever??? Not my pick but he's up there in the stratosphere.
  5. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A professional athlete thinks he's the best? I'm shocked.:eek:
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,023 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Ill take him on his best day over any other receiver on theirs.
  7. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,043 Messages
    1,159 Likes Received
    Considering era differences, it's hard to conceive of a reason Rice would not be considered the greatest of all time. He's in the consideration for greatest football player, regardless of position, of all time.
  8. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I think he's one of the top ten all time but he's not the best. I'd have to also go Jerry Rice. Class act.
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,652 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    Rice may be the best football player ever, never mind WR. Moss might have been the most gifted WR. Don Hutson was more dominant in his day as well.
  10. EGTuna

EGTuna Active Member

380 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    And some people say cucumbers taste better pickeled.
  11. warrior43

warrior43 Member

260 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Jerry Rice over a whole Career id rather have over any receiver in NFL history. But who would you rather have for 1 season in the Prime of there respective Careers??? Give me Randy Moss for that one season. Randy Moss was just so so dangerous. But if i were building a franchise i would take Jerry over Randy in a heart beat. I think that Moss' stats in 14 seasons are better that Rices first 14 years in the NFL. I dont know that for sure ill do some research and see if i can find that.
  12. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,045 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    If you gave Moss Jerry Rice's work ethic then sure he would be. Moss is Top 5 for sure though.
  13. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,660 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    Randy moss is a moron. His stats aren't even close to ONE of the best ever.
  14. warrior43

warrior43 Member

260 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Jerrys 1st 14 seasons are much better tha Randy Moss' first 14 seasons i was wrong.
    Jerry
    Rec: 1139
    Yds: 17,542
    TD: 164

Randy
    rec: 982
    yds: 13,992
    TD: 156

Which makes Randy Moss' seasons where he actually played decent really impressive because the last 5 years or so of Moss' career are just terrible
  15. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Moss is smoking herb again as if he ever stopped
  16. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    say what?!? huh?

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
  17. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The era of Rice was the era where DBs could actually cover, though Moss played a little bit in that era I believe...

That alone should be taken into consideration when talking abuot WRs.
  18. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

990 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    Moss is the best of this generation but would have been the best of all time if he didn't have his lost years in Oakland. Moss stats isn't padded as others but he was a beast in his prime.
  19. warrior43

warrior43 Member

260 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I agree. Which if we take that into consideration then i think Don Hutson should be considered the greatest of all time. in just 116 games (11 year Career)

Don Hutson
    Rec: 488
    Yds: 7991
    TD: 99

All in an era where running the ball was KING. and only 10 games a year were played
  20. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Probably not over rice or the playmaker, since moss never wanted to go across the middle until he went to new england....and still not that much.