1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Randy White vs Nate Newton

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Mallard, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I don't know but it would be on hell of a battle :eek:
  2. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Allen would win more of the battles but I don't believe he would dominate Randy.

Great question.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Larry Allen...
  4. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

27,929 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    The Dallas Cowboys.
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    :laugh2: good answer
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,880 Messages
    3,348 Likes Received
    :signmast:

This.
  7. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm going with Allen. There's never been a stronger lineman, and he's gone against and shut down the best of the best.
  8. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,839 Messages
    202 Likes Received
    As strong as Randy was, he can't match Allen in that department. Larry Allen is probably the strongest play in NFL history. Randy, however, did possess a great combination of strength and quickness. His quickness would've probably given LA some problems. But, as far as straight up power and strength, no one could ever match LA.
  9. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,907 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    In a fight?

Randy.....

On the football field...Wow! Allen was great, but there wasn't any quit in Randy White. I'm not sure what would happen.
  10. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In a fight? I don't know about that. Larry was quoted as saying "I like punching people in games until they're in submission." He also knows how to throw people down. I give the edge to Larry.
  11. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,666 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Quickness? Allen was the best LT in the game for many years. Randy couldn't get around him.
  12. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Trust me, the Manster would win in a fight. In his prime he could probably have beaten any player in the NFL, then or now.

Just ask Hollywood Henderson! :lmao2:
  13. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Larry Allen would crush Randy White in a fight....
  14. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,907 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    I don't think so.

Manster was an animal. He also has some skill as a fighter. He cleaned Joe Klecko's clock in a celebrity boxing match.

He wouldn't be afraid of Allen at all.
  15. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,260 Messages
    3,190 Likes Received
    Wasn't Randy also a martial artist.
  16. hammer1

hammer1 New Member

684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love Nate, but I must say he was fortunate that the Manster was at the end of his career when this scrap took place. In both their primes Randy would have gone through Nate like wet toilet paper. No doubt about it.

Hammer
  17. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,074 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Randy was always double teamed so going one on one with LA may equal the double team. The Manster was very tough & quick in his era but LA was just plain stronger. Tough to say but the edge is definitely with LA.

Awesome story by the way..
  18. Avenging Hayseed

Avenging Hayseed Interwebs fooseball expert

2,262 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Larry Allen was a guard NOT a left tackle. Played a little right tackle early in his career and got owned by Reggie White on thanksgiving day. He was one of the top handful of GUARDS ever to play in the NFL though,...until he got old.
  19. Avenging Hayseed

Avenging Hayseed Interwebs fooseball expert

2,262 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha....Thats what Charles Haley thought too. Until a man 20 years older,RANDY WHITE , knocked his arse cold outside of whites supper club. Randy white was Big, Mean, fast, had a heart like a Lion, AND was a martial artist. As I remember Randy signed up for the tuff man competition, against other NFL former players. If I remember right he won every fight the same way........by a knockout. Larry Allen was a true beast, but Randy woulda knocked him out...........COLD....LOL
  20. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,247 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    what a great story. There's gotta be stories about young DL's manhandling Nate towards the end of his carreer. Maybe Ellis did.