1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rangers pass Cowboys as most popular team in DFW

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Zordon

Zordon Infinite Crab Meats...

8,239 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    Not really surprising. If you're from the Metroplex, you've noticed the shift.

2. TX_Yid

TX_Yid Well-Known Member

1,222 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    What, did they ask the crowd coming out of the ballpark that question??

I call BS on that stat.
  3. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

14,629 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    Well it's a good thing that they have a huge national audience that doesn't listen to Dallas media.
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

19,451 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    I would do my polling by checking the DFW ratings not some poll. Most polls are jokes.
  5. Zordon

8,239 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    They do this poll every year.
  6. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,437 Messages
    901 Likes Received
    I'd go by local ratings, and not a poll. National baseball ratings typically stink. I doubt the local is anything to write home about. Who the heck still watches baseball anyway? :laugh2:
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,923 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received
    Scarborough Sports Team is located in NY NY.
  8. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Oh god this again.

I hope they do this poll again in August when the rangers are fighting off the mariners for last place and have an empty stadium after raising ticket prices all over the ball park.

Gutting your team and raising prices is a no no. The rangers have gone in that direction this year.

Come August no one will watch the rangers in this market because the games won't matter.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,188 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    Bandwagon fans tend to leave when the team is not winning.
  10. Zordon

8,239 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    You're overeacting. They will still be competitive. Plus they still have the likeability factor over the cowboys from top mgmt down to the players.
  11. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I live in the metroplex and i call BS
  12. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I don't think so on either point.

the cowboys own this market, that survey is cute and everything but its a cowboys town.

Put on a radio or a tv in this market and they are talking about the cowboys 365 days a year, 24/7

calling baseball more popular in this market is actually humorous but not true no matter what a poll tells u.

And on the rangers they had a terrible offseason and lost the key guy in young, the team and the fans will hold hat against the gm and Nolan Ryan in time this season.

They raised the prices on tickets. Pretty high in some cases. Doing this during an offseason where u gutted the team is going to cause the team problems this summer. When it's 100 out in August for a 10 day home stand they will have poor attendance.

The local media is already questioning most of what they did this winter, but seeing that they don't really pay that much to the rangers with all the cowboys coverage it hasn't become a big issue yet. It will in time.
  13. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,097 Messages
    800 Likes Received
    :damn:

But, actually, I could understand that. Lots of evidence right here on this forum.

:cool:
  14. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Active Member

869 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Ouch. That one hurts. I remember when I was growing up in a small Texas town I HATED baseball and was mad when they made us play it in PE instead of football. I grew up rooting for the Cowboys and pretty much ignoring anything the Rangers ever did.
  15. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,390 Messages
    309 Likes Received

They Ranger FO did NOT gut the team. Hardly They made the prudent kind of decisions that ensure long term success...the kind of decisions that perpetually trip up a guy like Jerry Jones.

The Rangers avoid financial albatrosses in extended old players. The Cowboys embrace that nonsense.

The Rangers are going to be a perpetual winner for a long time if JD stays in Dallas.

Go Rangers!
  16. Zordon

8,239 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    fans soured on young and turned on hamilton. those losses mean nothing when it comes to the likeability factor. they will miss hamilton's production but i think olt and profar will help make up for it. profar jerseys will be everywhere by the end of next season. theebs i know you see it. go to the mall, go to the restaurant, the kids of the metroplex are wearing rangers gear 3 to 1 vs the cowboys...and i'm being conservative with that estimate.

look i'm not saying this poll is 100% accurate but you can't keep ignoring news like this if you're jerry and and especially stephen jones. our local ratings dropped the most around the nfl this year. nothing but negative news about the team 24/7/365. now the other teams in the city are succeeding. this is bad for business. maybe not much now but 20-30 yrs from now b/c the current youth see nothing enticing about this franchise right now.
  17. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,390 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Its simple:
    -The Rangers are run by a youthful, forward-thinker in Jon Daniels. The Cowboys are run by a 70 year old drunk.
    -The Rangers give their fans lots of hope...for this season and for the decade to come. The Cowboys crush hopes repeatedly.
    -The Rangers are winners. The Cowboys are losers.

The poll is the truth. It's a Ranger town now.
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,188 Messages
    774 Likes Received
    IF the boys make the playoffs next year and IF when there they win at least one playoff game you will find this poll taken at the same time next year very different
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

20,164 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    I call BS on this poll. It's beyond unscientic.
    The Rangers are on TV between 160-170+ times a year...of course the odds are better that someone has watched at least part of one game.

Having said that, I really disagree with the comment that the Rangers are going down the tube.

They have a bunch of good to very good young starters pitching, a fabulous farm system with all kinds of young bats coming up (or soon anyway). They certainly did not "gut" their team though they did lose 2-3 long time key players and even stars.
    They are great example of very well run organization....much better run that the Cowboys.
  20. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

803 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Guess that means the Cowboys should move to California.

:scram:

;)