1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rank your top 10 Recievers

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheXFactor, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,017 Messages
    9,099 Likes Received
    Reggie Wayne is under appreciated. He's so good he makes things look easy. There may not be a more clutch WR in the league.
  2. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,273 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    We'll agree to disagree!
  3. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

672 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Nicks and Welker before Fitz? I guess it would be easier to judge if he had a QB...
  4. Risen Star

22,017 Messages
    9,099 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'm not really going on current production. Just who I think is the best going into next season.

It's kind of hard to include Welker. I know he can't do a lot of the things most #1 WRs can but he's so productive I just can't leave him off the list.

Not having Fitzgerald on it seems wrong to me, but hey. I like the other 10 more right now.
  5. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,273 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Demaryius is better than B.Marshall? :lmao2::shoot2:
  6. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,273 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    He doesn't have Fitz on his top ten is funny to me. And the fact that he is NOT going off of stats and just talent makes it even a bigger joke.
  7. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Not sure how to respond to a statement with no arguments.

I simply don't see how a guy who runs rounded off routes, still cuts off routes, can't routinely be trusted with option routes and needs individual coaching on the playcall can be "no question" in the top 5 of a position group.

Dez is physically and mentally not in the same league as Fitzgerland, Calvin, Andre and AJ. He's just not, and there's no shame in it, because no one else is either. Top 10 seems reasonable for him on the back of an excellent second half of the season, but "no question top 5" with no arguments isn't a very compelling statement.
  8. TheXFactor

672 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    For the negatives you list off against Dez he had better stats than Fitz and AJ, so he can't be that bad:laugh2:
  9. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Your arguments for Dez were true before about week 8
  10. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    cant believe all the lists im seeing that dont have D. Thomas....
  11. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Manning product
  12. Risen Star

22,017 Messages
    9,099 Likes Received
    He's a beast. Really emerging as one of the best WRs in the game.
  13. cannonball44

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    didnt he put up a thousand yards playing with Tebow??

and how can you possibly discount the mans talent because he has a good quarterback throwing to him. he still has to read the D, run the route, get open, and catch the ball. ridiculous.
  14. cannonball44

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    exactly. but a lot of posters probably dont watch a lot of AFC football. and thats understandable, tbh. they have a lot of boring games.
  15. Risen Star

22,017 Messages
    9,099 Likes Received
    I laughed at the Broncos taking Thomas over Dez. Not anymore. They are both studs and neither team needs to have any buyer's remorse.*

* providing Dez doesn't do anything stupid over the offseason.
  16. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,859 Messages
    1,026 Likes Received
    Meganut, Fitz, A.Johnson, Roddy, Welker, Dez (yes, Dez) AJ Green, Julio, Antonio Brown, Nicks
  17. TheXFactor

672 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    So make a list and we'll see who you leave off, because every list leaves off someone
  18. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    If you look at passer rating by target, Dez is pretty far up there.

Our offense really misses having explosive players in the slot. Recently, every great passing game and quarterback with playoff success (New England, GB, NO, NYG) has at least one of those guys and New England has 3. With the rule changes there is no way to defend an option route to a great receiver or explosive tight end. You can typically get those guys cheaper than the outside guys.
  19. Risen Star

22,017 Messages
    9,099 Likes Received
    Right. Really hard to do without slighting someone and the truth is your list will change year to year.
  20. cannonball44

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    i didnt post a list because it would have been consisting of the same WR's as another poster's list.

i was just taken aback at the many lists that D Thomas was left out of, and didnt agree with the other posters opinion that a top notch wideout was a product of the QB.