1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ranking deep & talented small-school cornerback crop for the 2012 NFL draft.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 9, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Ranking the deep and talented small-school cornerback crop for the 2012 NFL draft.
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-best-smallschool-CB-crop-in-years.html
    1. Janoris Jenkins: North Alabama (5-10, 182)
    If he can put it all together off the field, he's got the ability to develop into a very good cover man in the NFL and despite his size he's going to be a really tough guy to separate from in just about any scheme he plays in.
    Grade: 7.0 C
    ICONFrom a talent perspective, there isn't anything Norman can't do.

2. Josh Norman: Coastal Carolina (6-0, 190)
    Talent says he's a top-60 pick, but there are some character concerns that could cause him to fall. Either way he has the talent to quickly match-up with NFL receiver at the next level.
    Grade: 6.8 C

3. Trumaine Johnson: Montana (6-2, 204)
    A talented kid who physically/athletic reminds me a lot of Jimmy Smith (Baltimore Ravens). Now, he's not as experienced as a pressman as Smith was, but has the same type of upside and can be a similar player if he commits himself fully to the game at the next.
    Grade: 6.6 C
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,996 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Trumaine Johnson is intriguing. I think if you are looking for a tall guy with coverage skills, he is the man to get. The rap on him is that he lacks speed and isn't as fluid, so he might transition to safety in the NFL.
  3. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,034 Messages
    98 Likes Received

Why does everyone seem to think it is so easy to transition from Corner to Safety?
  4. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,996 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    It's not easy, but it does happen from time to time.
  5. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

1,826 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I really like Josh Norman. Good size and plays tough.

I agree, Trumaine Johnson is intriguing. Not sure what round he comes off the board though.