Rate the last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 19, 2012.

1. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

3,226 Messages
    3,118 Likes Received
    Rogue One

I grew up in the 80s and was a big Star Wars fan like every kid was but I don't nerd out on it as an adult; that said, the two most recent movies have been entertaining with this last one bettering the previous.

visionary likes this.
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

24,443 Messages
    3,064 Likes Received
    Rogue One
    Very good. Better than the Force Awakens. Nice clean story. Good acting. Good cinematography. I liked the gritty feel that was missing in the three prequels.

Passengers
    This was an interesting movie. I really enjoyed it.

3. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

8,759 Messages
    1,425 Likes Received
    Yes. I liked how they linked and used CGI characters.
    Then killed everyone off at the end.

No loose strings.

haleyrules likes this.
  4. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

8,759 Messages
    1,425 Likes Received
    I thought it was very well done.

Liked how they ended it.

5. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

8,460 Messages
    18,096 Likes Received
    Rogue one

So you have hyper drives and faster than light speed ships, AI, but you still have monochrome screens and have no way of encrypting messages, and have storage disks the size of Reuben sandwiches

By the time that you can create X wings that can jump into light speed there's no need to have vehicles with wheels, they should be hovering. Why do you need to climb outside of a 35 story tower to realign a satellite. You should be able to do that on your iPad

haleyrules likes this.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

67,802 Messages
    14,883 Likes Received

This is a prime example of someone who needs an occasional xanax to help calm down the voices in his head that makes him think too much. ;):p:D

visionary and LocimusPrime like this.
  7. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

8,460 Messages
    18,096 Likes Received
    I feel ya

dallasdave, Trouty and haleyrules like this.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

67,802 Messages
    14,883 Likes Received
    Don't feel bad...I get accused of the same thing from some friends and family when I get going on some things in TV shows and even commercials. Friend will be like...Dude...it's just a freaking commercial...chill out lol

Trouty likes this.
  9. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

30,795 Messages
    14,356 Likes Received
    Jason Bourne - 5/10. A thoughtless, joyless, uncreative sequel made for apparently no other reason than to make a buck. As a fan of the previous installments, this one was a real letdown for me. It looks like they're out of ideas and this should put this thing to rest.

:thumbdown:

10. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

24,450 Messages
    9,200 Likes Received
    Don't Breathe......... 7.5 out of 10

Trouty likes this.
  11. Melonfeud

Melonfeud Well-Known Member

923 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    I rented a couple outta a Redbox a few weeks ago that independence day 20 years later(5 or maybe a 6 outta 10 ) and CELL from a Stephen King book it had Samuel L Jackson and I can't think of the other dudes name just right now but I know I like his movies since seeing Grosse Pointe Blank,,, reckon that one gets a solid 7 just for those two actors.

haleyrules likes this.
  12. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

8,238 Messages
    5,746 Likes Received
    Moonlight: 8/10. Very good movie. From what I've read, it'll probably win the Oscar.

13. Trouty

Trouty Snorting Pixy Stix since 1983 Zone Supporter

10,482 Messages
    27,468 Likes Received
    Hell or High Water. Jeff Bridges. Texas. Bank robbers. Cinematography outstanding. No sentimentality that destroys film/literature. In the same vein as No Country for Old Men. 8.5/10 and I'm very high brow with my films, so that's a hard grade to receive from me, for whatever it's worth.

Today taking the little one to Rogue One at the AMC 16. Heard good things and have refused to read any reviews :)

dallasdave likes this.
  14. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

30,795 Messages
    14,356 Likes Received
    Passengers - 9/10. Very surprised by how much I enjoyed this one. Interesting premise, quality actors, great effects. If you're lucky enough to be in love, the story should strike a chord with you like it did me.

15. Rockdoc

Rockdoc Active Member

329 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    Underworld Blood Wars
    8/10
    about what i expected. connected some dot on the long Underworld story line which i appreciate
    appears to set up another (maybe last) movie
    i like vampire movies (not kiddie ones), if you dont we wont like the movie much
    PS the girl from pennywise is a vamp (fits the role)

16. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

7,035 Messages
    4,630 Likes Received
    Nocturnal Animals. 8.5/10. Interesting premise. Great acting. Didn't like the ending.

17. joseephuss

24,443 Messages
    3,064 Likes Received
    I really liked the ending. Michael Shannon is pretty good in most everything I have seen him in.

Trouty likes this.
  18. Trouty

Trouty Snorting Pixy Stix since 1983 Zone Supporter

10,482 Messages
    27,468 Likes Received
    He's a gifted character actor, Joseephus! Have you seen Take Shelter? He's creepy good, awesome story, cinemagraphy, writing, directing, with a lovely ambiguous ending.

He's also amazing in Boardwalk Empire

19. joseephuss

24,443 Messages
    3,064 Likes Received
    Thanks, I will have to check Take Shelter out. Yes, I enjoyed his role in Boardwalk Empire. I haven't been disappointed in anything he has brought to the screen even if I don't like the movie as a whole. He is entertaining.

Trouty likes this.
  20. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

7,035 Messages
    4,630 Likes Received
    Yeah, he was really good. Amy Adams was the weak link in the film.

Trouty likes this.