Rate the last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 19, 2012.

1. jwooten15

jwooten15 Well-Known Member

1,302 Messages
    2,756 Likes Received
    Beguiled. Other than the awkward, disturbing sexual tension with potential underage girls, it was an absolute snooze-fest.

Trouty likes this.
  2. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

5,873 Messages
    2,066 Likes Received
    Power Rangers: 5/10... very cluttered story.

3. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

7,712 Messages
    10,186 Likes Received
    And since I am always behind the times I finally saw Tobey Maguire's Spiderman last night and Part 2 today. Excellent movies. Probably won't see the other versions for years though. Don't like to watch one reboot after another. lol

Trouty and LocimusPrime like this.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

68,369 Messages
    16,242 Likes Received
    Seen the original with Clint Eastwood years ago and thought it was so bizarre.

Trouty, lothos05 and jwooten15 like this.
  5. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

7,712 Messages
    10,186 Likes Received
    That one was one of my favorites. Don't think it needed to be remade though.

Trouty likes this.
  6. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

8,525 Messages
    6,260 Likes Received
    The Red Pill. Good documentary.

Trouty likes this.
  7. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

6,988 Messages
    2,384 Likes Received
    I walked out of the theater feeling similar, it just felt like there was a better ending out there but I'm not sure what it would be, I wanted something that would lend itself to sequels where the subject could be explored more. Its a fascinating concept to imagine

8. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

10,147 Messages
    3,019 Likes Received
    War for the Planet of the Apes - 4/10. I have no idea why reviews are so good for this. I really enjoyed the first two, but this was a huge departure. Very cheesy/corny, melodramatic/sappy, cliched, an almost completely wasted Woody, and a silly ending dominated by a couple of elements that were absent the rest of the film.

9. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

7,227 Messages
    4,925 Likes Received
    That's disappointing to hear. I want to see it, but I wasn't a big fan of the second one. The plot made no sense. The dam was a huge MacGuffin.

10. MileyDancer

MileyDancer Well-Known Member

2,830 Messages
    3,852 Likes Received
    Baby Driver - 9/10

The action and driving are ridiculous. Very entertaining. However, the subtle things the filmmaker did make it even better. I'd go watch this in the theater again.

11. ChldsPlay

10,147 Messages
    3,019 Likes Received
    Cliches and MacGuffin's win the day with this one.

This review sums it up fairly well.

Jammer and CyberB0b like this.
  12. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

7,227 Messages
    4,925 Likes Received
    Alien Covenant: 6/10

I really wanted to like it. I loved Prometheus, even though most people hated it. The first act was going along pretty well and it was pretty interesting. The end was really predictable and too long and drawn out. I saw it from a mile away. The cast is great. It has Fassbender, Billy Crudup, and Danny McBride. It's frustrating, because they had a great base to work with and just ruined it.

13. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,701 Messages
    968 Likes Received
    Free State Of Jones. It's amazing what Matthew McConaughey can do when he's not acting like an idiot. The Lincoln commercials have made me ponder beating him, but then he ups and makes a good movie. Cool story and Matt plays it well.

14. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

7,227 Messages
    4,925 Likes Received
    Yeah, I thought that one was good too. He was awesome in True Detective. I kind of respect that he just does whatever he wants, lol.

Trouty likes this.
  15. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,701 Messages
    968 Likes Received
    He does, but he gets really cheesy sometimes. Plus he's a freaking Skins fan. I thought he was great in True Detective, but A Time To Kill will always be my favorite move he did.

Trouty and CyberB0b like this.
  16. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

6,988 Messages
    2,384 Likes Received
    thats a shame, the originals still hold upon so well Imo, they always creep me out...in a good way

Trouty likes this.
  17. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

9,589 Messages
    7,155 Likes Received
    Can I get a rating on a couple movies that looked very interesting to me that I plan on watching

Lost City of V

Silence

Trouty likes this.
  18. ChldsPlay

10,147 Messages
    3,019 Likes Received
    I have Silence from Netflix now. I should get to it soon, but I am having a baby Tuesday morning, so maybe not.

Trouty and darthseinfeld like this.
  19. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

10,087 Messages
    23,610 Likes Received
    Just watched Beatlejuice. It wasn't that good. I liked it better as a child. So I will give it a rating of 4.5/10

Trouty likes this.
  20. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

10,087 Messages
    23,610 Likes Received
    Watched Prometheus again. This time critically. I will have say that Charlize Theron was awesome in that movie. Clearly she carried the movie.

Locimus movie scale rating : 9/10 with :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: rewatchability

Trouty and CyberB0b like this.