1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rate the last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,632 Messages
    250 Likes Received

Too high of a rating for me. I'll go 7.5 / 10. Felt like the film was sponsored by AA or something. Premise about his last bad decision in the film was a little too much of a stretch given the situation and circumstances he was in.
  2. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Given his condition, it's exactly what he would do. Moreover, the scene where he would go home and his wife confronts him? Perfectly written.

Not my personal experience, but someone who is close to me personal experience.
  3. lane

lane The Chairman

10,387 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    analyze this

8/10

very funny movie.

the fountain ....lmao!!

anyone seen the sequel?
  4. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,374 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    Cloud-Atlas = ?/10

We saw this last Saturday night and once I figure out what I watched and decipher, I will update with a rating.

I went in not knowing anything about it other than Tom Hanks was in it, so a must see for us. Big mistake, I should have researched it because for most of the movie we were laughing cus we were so confused.
  5. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,330 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    I give it a 9. I was confused for the first 30 mins because like you I didnt read the book or research anything, but as it got deeper the puzzle became clearer and it was an enjoyable watch.
  6. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,278 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    I agree that it is exactly what he would do, but that scene was a stretch because the situation conveniently allowed for him to take his actions.
  7. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Senna 9/10 - a fascinating insight into the life of one of the worlds greatest ever sportsmen.
  8. Phoenix

4,632 Messages
    250 Likes Received

10 / 10 from me. He was my racing hero. I watched him die at Imola from a beach house on Pataya beach in Thailand.
  9. Arch Stanton

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not trying to derail the thread. I have two racing heros. Senna and Rossi.

I was lucky enough to see Senna race live several times. Genius.
  10. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Fighter - Solid 9 out of 10

I HATE Mark Wahlberg with a passion but I hold Christian Bale in the highest esteem. Girlfriend wanted me to watch it so I acquiesced. Really good movie, plus I remember watching the HBO specials on crackheads.
  11. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,530 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    skyfall

10/10

one word: amazing :D
  12. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Sure was. "End of Watch" and "Premium Rush" = 8/10.
  13. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,104 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Skyfall - 8/10. It was headed towards 10/10, but the third act was pretty underwhelming for me. Parts of it came off as a slight rip off of The Dark Knight as well. Still a solid enjoyable action movie.
  14. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,330 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    Haven't seen a movie in a long time, but gave "The Campaign" a shot tonight, and I loved it. Really funny and very interesting. 9/10
  15. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,319 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    SkyFall was freaking Great! If you like James Bond, it is a must see. The fight with the assassin at the top of the skyscraper was beautifully done. Javier Bardem was the best Bond villain in a very, very long time and Daniel Graig continues to bring a human element to James Bond that has really been missing since Sean Connery. Honestly, I was not sold on him when he took the helm, but he has now starred in two of my top five Bond movies and played the role masterfully.

Worth the cash.
  16. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,705 Messages
    2,732 Likes Received
    Troll Hunter

Foreign Film (Swedish?)

Kept seeing it listed on one of the movie channels and just figured it would be flat out terrible so I would find something else to watch.

Recently I was bored, nothing else on that caught my eye so I figured I would give it a try.

Maybe it is because I thought it would be so terrible that made it seem pretty good to me.

Here is the storyline...

A group of students investigates a series of mysterious bear killings, but learns that there are much more dangerous things going on. They start to follow a mysterious hunter, learning that he is actually a troll hunter.

As you can see that just sounds like it will be a gigantic let down or epic fail but again it turned out that I really enjoyed it.
  17. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,099 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I watched Senna on a flight to London. I'm a big racing fanatic but wasn't old enough to appreciate Senna, Prost, and Mansel in their prime.

Such an excellent documentary. The in-car footage was ridiculous. He drove so fast and on edge. It was interesting to see how the computer-assisted handling frustrated him. It really took the skill of driving away.
  18. Arch Stanton

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The great thing about Senna that gets overlooked is that he beat World Champions driving the same car. He was no Michael Schumacher. He was much greater than that.

This clip is classic Senna.

[youtube]TAYcJhBTyew[/youtube]
  19. Phoenix

4,632 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Finally! I watched The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo... incredible! 9.5/10

...and I only subtract .5 because of having to watch it in subtitles :D
  20. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,278 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    The Man with the Iron Fists 5/10

I just could not get into it. Seemed disjointed.