1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rate the last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 19, 2012.

1. cowboyblue31

cowboyblue31 Member

368 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Saw Man of Steel. 10/10. Action is insanely awesome, better than Avengers and TDK.
  2. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Must get hot in that one-piece suit, unless he has SuperAirConditioning.
  3. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,552 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    man of steel

9/10

fun & entertaining if a little slow in parts. i liked it.
  4. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,386 Messages
    2,275 Likes Received
    "Taken 2" 7/10

Not as good as the original (what sequel is? "Aliens" maybe?).

But a decent film. Thought it was better than "SkyFall" that I watched several days ago. At least there was action all throughout. And had a little "Bond" in it with the drawing of the circles on the map.
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,386 Messages
    2,275 Likes Received
    Watch "Hostel III" last night.

5/10.

I was expecting a "dreg".

It wasn't bad. It didn't have the shocking gore of the first or second version, which would probably disappoint some folks. But the plot was OK.

There was an interesting twist at the beginning that I didn't get and one at the end that I did.
  6. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,128 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    Man of steel

8.5 out of 10

It was good. No charm. Cold.

They are taking superheroes and going the "epic"t
    Route. I don't mind it. But they seem to lose the "bringing the comic book pages to the screen" effect.

Spider Man is the only movie that really accomplished that!
    Avengers did a pretty good job too!
  7. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

1,940 Messages
    328 Likes Received

I'm guessing Superman didn't have time to be charming when Zod and his army were destroying Metropolis. But he was charming with Lois.
  8. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,915 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The Dark Knight?
  9. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,855 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Watchmen?
  10. REDVOLUTION

23,128 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    Not really. IMO.

The original captured the essence of the superhero. While I liked this one. It did not.
  11. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,961 Messages
    3,909 Likes Received
    Monsters University
    7/10

Not too bad for a kid's movie. Didn't see any trailers so didn't know what to expect, but I enjoyed the meathead vs the geek aspect of it.
  12. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,087 Messages
    1,421 Likes Received
    I have not read this whole thread, but the last movie I watched two nights ago.

"One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest" - the movie has humor, and tragedy...and at the same time it is funny as...watch it, again, and if you have never seen this movie, put it on your movie list of things to watch.
  13. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,410 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    This is the End 6.5/10 was somewhat funny but it's hard to get over how stupid the plot was.

Does anyone here have netflix? Are there any good, recent movies on demand? I had netflix twice before and canceled after watching all the movies that looked good to me, but they never seem to update it frequently with good movies.
  14. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,338 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    Despicable Me 2. The Villain was not as interesting, but they otherwise did a great job on this movie. My entire family loved it and so did I. I had several "laugh out loud" moments. I will own this one when it hits the stores.
  15. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

1,940 Messages
    328 Likes Received

Yep, fillmed in Oregon, where I live. And the duck road sign scene from the film (in Salelm, Oregon) is still there beiieve it or not. Growing up in Salem, I saw that alot.
  16. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,127 Messages
    315 Likes Received
    The Lone Ranger - 3/10. Ugh, while not the worst thing ever as it had a good sized budget and competent people involved, I really can't think of one thing about this movie that was good. It was way way too long with very little that was interesting. Depp's character was just a very poor ripoff of Sparrow and not that funny. Skip it.

White House Down - 7/10. Also probably too long, but enjoyable mindless fun. Overall better than Olympus Has Fallen, though I prefer the action from the latter. Some pretty poor CGI considering it is 2013 and the budget.
  17. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,482 Messages
    1,459 Likes Received
    The Heat--if looking for a comedy, 8.5/10. It was pretty hilarious with non-stop laughs.
  18. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

906 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    The Purge - 2/10

I usually don't have any issues with suspension of disbelief in order to enjoy a movie, but this one's entire core concept just never clicked with me. They explain that there is one night per year when everyone is allowed to do whatever they want and that somehow prevents crime for the rest of the year. I waited for the entire rest of the movie to hear a better justification for why that actually prevents any further crime but never got it.
  19. REDVOLUTION

23,128 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    World War Z

5 out of 10

They should have called this movie Zombies or I am Legend 2 (with alt ending)

Story - rehashed many times before
    Solution to infection - while not a solution, his revelation has been seen in movies before.
  20. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,904 Messages
    1,121 Likes Received
    Just watched 'Oldboy' on Netflix.

Holy Crap!