1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Rate the last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,782 Messages
    718 Likes Received
  2. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    Anchorman II 6.5/10

I thought this was going to be bad, but It had some laughs. I was not entirely sober when watching though.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty 6.5/10

I don't think Ben Stiller has ever been in a movie that I haven't enjoyed.
    BigStar likes this.
  3. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,431 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Really? I find it pretty rare when I enjoy a movie with him. I don't hate them all, but Dodgeball is the only one I think I can say that I liked.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,339 Messages
    4,665 Likes Received
    Making the Grade. Old cheesy 80's movie with a very young Judd Nelson in one of his first starring roles. Also a young Diceman.

If you like the cheesy old 80's comedies it was not bad.
  5. Denim Chicken

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    I guess those meet the fockers sequels weren't that good, but you have to have liked Zoolander.
    BigStar likes this.
  6. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,122 Messages
    1,625 Likes Received
    Wow CP that hurt a little :D Love me some Stiller. His subtle facial expressions while usually playing the straight man or the fall guy are priceless. Zoolander will go down as a comedy gem and was ahead of its time. "Flirting with Disaster" (1992) with Teo Leoni is one of the funniest dark comedies ever released (in my opinion). Tropic Thunder was panned but hilarious. "Duplex" is another good dark comedy. Along Came Polly was another gem that included Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Alec Baldwin as hilarious side characters. His Dodgeball character was funny but didn't like the film as a whole. I guess it is the type of comedy but he ranks high in my book.
    Denim Chicken likes this.
  7. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Flipping Great! Easily the best of the Marvel Phase 2 movies in my opinion and leaps and bounds beyond the first Captain America.
    • The fight scenes were excellent.
    • Interesting plot twists.
    • They actually made Falcon a great character (I really hated his character in the comics when I was a kid).
    • The movie ended in a way that will play into the hands of their future movies and even Agents of Shield.
    • They should consider making a Black Widow movie. Johansson can carry it.
    PJTHEDOORS likes this.
  8. ChldsPlay

6,431 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    I am not a fan of neurotic or whiny characters, and that is usually his shtick. I never understood the love for Zoolander, but I haven't seen it for like 18 years, so I don't remember it well. Some of his movies I think are okay (Tropic Thunder for example), but he is usually a reason they aren't better IMO. I absolutely loathe Albert Brooks as well (except for in Drive) because of him being neurotic and whiny. He's the reason I don't like Finding Nemo and considered it the worst Pixar film, save for Cars 2.
  9. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,122 Messages
    1,625 Likes Received
    That's fair. I haven't seen Albert Brooks and Nemo but feel the nuerotic character has a place in the straight/fall guy role he plays. The other members of the cast prove him right kind've thing. That is a recurring personality trait of his (in general) so that probably doesn't help his cause. I guess Seinfeld was a no go :) as well? That's the first show that pops in my head when I hear the word neurotic (well technically Curb Your Enthusiasm). That place is a Neurotic Dreamworld in the that slice of the "Upper West Side."
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  10. Denim Chicken

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    And Star Wars as well. Luke was whiny as hell, LOl.

"But I was going over to Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!" Wah, wah...
    BigStar likes this.
  11. bb721

bb721 Active Member

116 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    How about "There's Something About Mary"? Definitely one of my favorite Stiller movies.
    BigStar likes this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,482 Messages
    711 Likes Received
    Just saw Captain America The Winter Soldier and would give it a solid 8 of 10 and would have no argument with anyone wanting to rate it higher. It was a really good movie that will have a ripple effect across all the Marvel made movies.
  13. ChldsPlay

6,431 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Not to mention Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. starting with tonight's episode.
  14. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,017 Messages
    1,903 Likes Received
    I can't stand Ben Stiller, but loved Zoolander.
  15. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,324 Messages
    1,252 Likes Received
    I thought it was good. That's it from me though.

Not only do I agree with you about Scarlett... But she could maybe make a better movie than the first two caps movies.
  16. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,639 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Divergent was pretty good.

I saw myself as either Candour or Erudite :)
  17. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,576 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    No way. She has no superpowers, and only relys on backflips and kicks. Boring.
  18. lane

lane The Chairman

11,078 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    Rush

9/10

brilliantly done movie by all involved the whole way through..

Ron Howard really is one of the best directors in cinema.
  19. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,324 Messages
    1,252 Likes Received
    Her backstory could more interesting than the hydra/shield story. Easily!
    khiladi likes this.
  20. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,576 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    So. People want intense action plus a story. She isn't Burce Lee with her marshal arts.