1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ravens parade pandemonium...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 5, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,442 Messages
    2,304 Likes Received
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Pandemonium in Baltimore!!! Fans ignoring barriers, mounted police mobilized to protect Ray Lewis ...

The scene at this Ravens parade is Mike Tyson in 1988. And every other parade I've watched on TV is Michael Spinks.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Huge turnout in Baltimore for Ravens' victory parade http://wp.me/p14QSB-7aO4

[IMG]

Eye on Football ‏@EyeOnNFL
    RT @Ravens: RT @BaltimorePolice: M&T Bank Stadium has reached maximum capacity and is no longer open to fans.

CBS Baltimore crew speculating on a "surprise guest" singing at the Ravens celebration.

.@TeamFlacco just described as "totally mellow" by Baltimore CBS reporter. More like "Bro Flacco."

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    I'm in Baltimore, about 10 miles from the parade. It is absolute bedlam downtown - in a good way, from what I hear from those downtown

Ian Fitzsimmons ‏@Ianfitzespn
    Watching the parade in Baltimore it looks beyond insane. Humvees, horses, barriers over run by fans. Cats & dogs living together. Hysteria!

Then there is Joe Flacco casually walking down the street.

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington
    Not only is Ravens' parade hilarious, so is the local news coverage of it (which you can watch on @NFLNetwork). SNL skit waiting to happen.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    RT @ohnemusj: @AlbertBreer any photos for us that are working and cant watch? ... Here's Ray (note the horses) http://lockerz.com/s/281608987

[IMG]
    Not an exaggeration: Six mounted police officers assigned to and surrounding the military vehicle that Ray Lewis is riding in the parade.
  2. muck4doo

muck4doo Active Member

1,902 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Good for them
  3. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,605 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    Looks like fun
  4. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,555 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Yeah, if it was in a city other than Baltimore...
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,442 Messages
    2,304 Likes Received
    Huge turnout in Baltimore for Ravens’ victory parade

The victorious Ravens are parading through Baltimore and making their way to a rally at M&T Bank Stadium, and the huge crowd seems so enthusiastic that the parade organizers may have been overwhelmed: Local TV station WJZ showed fans climbing over the barriers and onto the parade route to get near Ray Lewis. (When WJZ’s reporter on the scene attempted to reach Lewis to get a word from him, the police told him to get back.) The time of the rally was pushed back 30 minutes to give everyone more time to get through the crowd.

Players, coaches and team officials are riding military trucks on the parade route, and WJZ reported that there were concerns about fans going onto the parade route, with one reporter pointing out, “These military trucks are enormous and they would crush somebody.” Another WJZ reporter mentioned that the turnout seems more enthusiastic than when the Pope visited Baltimore.

More: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/05/huge-turnout-in-baltimore-for-ravens-victory-parade/
  6. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    smallish, excellent crab cakes and seafood. Nice boat tour of Chesapeake Bay about 15 years ago when I went. Overall, not bad: traffic was horrific but lots of bigger cities are that way. I'd put it in the middle of the pack.

I certainly prefer Chicago, Boston, NY, etc...but B-more is decent. I mean, it couold be worse: I live 3 hrs. from Detroit and haven't been there in YEARS. (why would I)
  7. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,111 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Unemployment must be really high in Baltimore. :eek:
  8. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,605 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    I've never been there but I'm sure it's not all terrible.
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,808 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    Mann they had some fun!
  10. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,555 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    You would be sure if you have been there! :)

The Inner Harbor is nice, albeit filled with mostly chain restaurants, Fells Point has some great restaurants. I love the Aquarium. The Science center is cool. Camden Yards and M&T Bank are great stadiums (especially if your under 5'10" for Camden Yards -- I'm 6'2" and always leave with indentations on my knees from the cup holders.) Federal Hill is a pretty nice area to live.

And that is what is nice about Baltimore, in it's entirety.
  11. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

5,311 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    As for myself, these type of events are just not my thing, even if it was the Cowboys. I really don't get it. I don't care if I ever see the players other than on the TV. That's just me, but everybody is different.
  12. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,334 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    police were protecting the crowd from Ray Lewis not the other way around, afraid he'll start murdering people again during a SB celebration