1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ray Horton out as Cardinals DC

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by EvilJerry88, Jan 17, 2013.

1. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...bowles-in-as-cardinals-defensive-coordinator/

Who are they replacing him with?

Former Eagles DC And Cowboys DB coach Todd freaking Bowles..

First of all I know I should be happy with Kiffin but I feel like we may have missed out...

Bur more importantly... If Philly ends up with Horton to implement the 3-4 D Kelly apparently wants I am going to flip....

Bowles was a player for Arians at Temple and AZ has plenty of talented defensive players, but if Philly ends up with Horton essentially trading DC's with AZ I am gonna be pretty pissed.

Arians is gonna be under a ton of scrutiny if this backfires because it seems like he's on something.

BUT
    Apparently Cleveland wants him bad though, but they already lost the Kelly sweepstakes to Philly so who knows....

Crazy
  2. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,900 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Considering I'd rather stick with the 3-4, I wish we would've hired Horton. However, it seems either Horton wasn't interested or Garrett wanted Kiffin over him.
  3. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,833 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    Stupid move by the Cards, but Arians will want his guys.
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,125 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Interesting. Wonder if he gets a look if Monte weren't brought in or if he was available a week ago.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,364 Messages
    1,398 Likes Received

If the stories about Garrett pushing back on an OC and not wanting an OC with HC experience, then you might have something here. Horton is a guy who will get a HC job somewhere, especially if he is successful with his next team. Garrett may not want that, IDK.

Seems hard to believe but with the news of his OC believes, it's getting easier.
  6. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

806 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Wow, the Cardinals had a decent D this year...its their offense that was inept.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,662 Messages
    4,534 Likes Received
    This is surprising. This guy was at the top of my list for replacement DCs, right there with the potential for Lovie.
  8. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

35,894 Messages
    3,042 Likes Received
    Horton was my pick before Ryan. He was my pick this time. Timing in life is crucial.
  9. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Arians has nothing to do with this. Horton wanted out when he did not get the HC job - he is pissed
  10. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Horton wasn't available. he was still under contract as DC for Arizona.
  11. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,900 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    yea I know, but did Arizona block him from interviewing, when it was atleast 50/50 on whether or not he would have a job with them going foward? If so, that was low. More than likely, he either wasn't interested or we were more interested in Kiffin. Maybe even both.
  12. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he still planned on being their HC, why would he have wanted to interview with us for DC at that point? and it wsnt 50/50 if he would have a job. I believe they wanted to keep him as DC, but he made a stink when he did not get the HC job, and they couldn't keep him around against his will - well, they could, but it would not be a wise move
  13. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I have a friend who works for the Cardinals and he says Horton is seriously pissed off.

Maybe he was shocked hat a "retired" coach got the job over him?
  14. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yea, those Steelers are a classy organization, huh?? :laugh2:
  15. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,890 Messages
    625 Likes Received
    Now hearing he will be Browns DC. They are putting together a pretty nice staff there.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/254315/football-headlines?r=1

16. EvilJerry88

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Actually, it was reported that Arians promised the DC job to Bowles if he got the job back in Chicago AND Horton is pissed off.
  17. EvilJerry88

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
  18. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    because of the how pissed Horton was is why I say that. I think even if Ariens wanted Ray to stay, he wouldn't have.
  19. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....chubby guy on NFL network the last few years right? Huh, didn't see that coming. He did a poor job there before when Belichek was the HC, as I recall....plus he's been outta the league since '07 too.

Well, I DO like everyone else: Chud, Norv, Horton: that's solid IMO. Kinda wish we had all 3 honestly.:rolleyes:
  20. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why would anyone wanna keep that antiquated defense, thank god its gone.