1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ray ray Armstrong

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by xwalker, Jan 22, 2013.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received
    Does anybody knows all of the details of his story.

Did he do anything other than get involved with school boosters?

He was once reported to be about 6-3, 220 and run a sub 4.5 forty.

I'm sure that he's not a Garrett RKG; however, I'm just curious about the details.
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,303 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    He can't cover, he sucks. All he is is a hitter. No thank you.
  3. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Obviously RKG's are a priority when a player can get arrested for a DWI and charged with manslaughter only to walk the sidelines a week later.

These arrests can't be a coincidence. We need more discipline with the players and the ones who can't control themselves need to be rid of.

Taking a flyer on a guy trying to turn it around is however different. Maybe test him out in training camp - Ray Ray is obviously talented but has been out of football now.
  4. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Active Member

574 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    Thought I read he was going back to Miami for 2013. Has he been in any of the all-star games?

I think it was just the one issue and he tried to transfer to Faulkner in the NAIA but they couldn't admit him. Basically was away from football for the year so he should still have the eligibility.

Read that he graduated recently from Miami.
  5. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,330 Messages
    562 Likes Received
    I don't want anyone named Ray Ray
  6. xwalker

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received
    Thanks. This is the type of info that I'm trying to find. I like to get as much draft info as possible regardless of how a player does or does not fit with the Dallas Cowboys.

NFLDS had this, but I think the date has to be off by a year:

[SIZE=-2]11/14/12 - Finally, some good news for UM football fans from an underclassman. Albert Armstrong, the father of UM junior strong safety Ray-Ray, told the Miami Herald tonight that his son has decided to return for his senior season - unlike receiver Tommy Streeter, defensive tackle Marcus Forston and running back Lamar Miller. "Of course he's coming back. He loves Miami,'' said Albert Armstrong, who then called his son to make sure he could relay the information. "He didn't get the opportunity he needed personally this season to step out to the NFL. The [NCAA] suspension hurt. Of course we knew he was NFL-caliber talent and could go in one of those rounds, but we didn't test the water. Didn't pursue the NFL at all to see what his status would be. The plan all along was for him to come back, have fun and graduate. "He's excited about the opportunity to play again, get his degree and better himself all-around through coach [Al] Golden and his staff.'' [/SIZE]
  7. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Lamar Miller is a running back whom I'd love for the Cowboys to draft... Dude has special speed and vision.
  8. xwalker

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received
    He was drafted in 2012 by the Dolphins (4th round).
  9. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,454 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    He was at the Texas v. the Nation All-Star game. I found this snippet:

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013/01/texas-v-nation-day-2-notes/

He also measured in at 6'3 1/4, 227lbs

I'll try to find more
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Dallas has some serious lockerroom leadership problems when every prospect has to be a saint. The Bengals, Ravens and Pats can draft these trouble players and have no problem. Dallas loses out on some great talent with this RKG non-sense.
  11. xwalker

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received
  12. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Maybe he meant Duke Johnson, who I think is legit. He was only a freshman this past season so he won't be draft eligible for a couple more seasons.
  13. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,601 Messages
    570 Likes Received
    Armstrong is best suited as a zone Safety so his weaknesses in man coverage would be mitigated.

Big hitter. Exactly what a Tampa 2 DB needs to be.
  14. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

748 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Bingo. I would be more than happy to take a late round shot on this guy.. Can back up church if nothing else and will also be a hell of a special teams player with the way he runs and hits.

Not "RKG" but no past issues with drinking or drug use either.. Really hoping we give this kid a shot.
  15. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

946 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    I thought he got in trouble dating a chick from a pr firm. Ncaa violations not drinking or drugs. I would give the kid a shot. could be a steal
  16. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Sorry yes Duke Johnson is the young man I'm thinking about...