1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RB Bryce Brown, Former 2009 No. 1 recruit Declares

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JonJon, Jan 12, 2012.

1. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,995 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Former 2009 No. 1 Recruit, Bryce Brown, to enter 2012 draft.

In case you don't know the story of Bryce Brown, let me fill you in briefly. At one time, not only was he the No. 1 running back in the nation, he was the No. 1 recruit. He drew comparisons to Adrian Peterson, Reggie Bush, Ronnie Brown, and even Barry Sanders. After verbally committing to various schools including Florida, he finally decided on Tennessee, where he struggled behind future NFL running back, Montario Hardesty. After his freshman year, he transferred from Tennessee to play with his brother, a linebacker, for Kansas St, where he made a few cameo appearances, rushing 3 times for 16 yards before disappearing and apparently leaving the football program.

Now, he has decided to forgo his collegiate career and enter the 2012 NFL Draft despite never even starting a game in college.

I've read stories from people that think he is going to be a first round pick (links below) but I'm not buying it. Even though he seems to have all the talent in the world, I just can't see any team in their right minds gambling on this kid. There also seems to be something wrong with him mentally as well.

Here's some links that I've been reading up on:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/739822-2012-nfl-draft-former-elite-recruit-bryce-brown-could-be-2012-first-rounder

http://www.lostlettermen.com/10-5-2011-bryce-brown-kansas-state-nfl/

http://www.kansas.com/2012/01/03/2160529/whats-next-for-enigmatic-bryce.html
  2. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    with 104 career carries in college and plays a position that's becoming increasingly trivial when it comes to the draft, expecting to go in the first round ?

Good luck with that one, Mr. Brown. :rolleyes:

At this point, unless he just simply shows he's superman in workouts, he's lucky if he gets drafted at all. As a matter of fact, his goal would be not to get drafted so he can pick the team that could give him the best opportunity to showcase his talents.
  3. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

2,944 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    Maurice Clarrett redux
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    1st round seems a little crazy, but I could see someone taking him in the 3rd or so. Its going to depend on how he interviews with teams, because the talent and athleticism is going to be there. A 6' 220 lb 21 year old running back with very little millage on him? Sounds like a good idea to a team who can afford the risk.
  5. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,995 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    It would be the ultimate high risk- high reward gamble for any NFL team, that's for sure. He's out of his mind if he thinks he is going in the first, though. I really don't even anticipate him being drafted unless he shows out during workouts. Still, I think the best chance for him would be an undrafted free agent like RW said.
  6. cruz_aedo861

cruz_aedo861 Member

105 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    but at least Clarrett (3rd round pick not 1st) had one pretty phenomenal season. brown has done nothing but been highly recurited sounds like boobie miles or murcus dupree but instead of a messed knee he just messed up in the head.
  7. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    he goes undrafted and will be lucky to make it in a training camp. sounds like a CFL candidate to me
  8. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    If hes really 6' 220 lbs and runs a 4.4 he will have no problem getting drafted.
  9. cruz_aedo861

cruz_aedo861 Member

105 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    no way in hell he gets drafted cause he wont come near 4.4 watch
  10. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Not saying he will or won't. Honestly never even seen the kid play. Just read reports that said he was running a 4.4 his senior year of high school. Wouldn't doubt if he can't produce that now. Just saying if the reports are true and he is that fast he will get drafted easily.
  11. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,348 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    lonyae miller is 5'11" 220 ran close to a 4.4 and finished first in the bench 8th in the 40 7th in vert jump and 4th in the broad jump among RBs and went undrafted after running behind ryan mathews.

there is no way this guy who did nothing in college and had no reason to do nothing(hardesty, really?) will get drafted
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,804 Messages
    5,327 Likes Received
    So now we know our 2nd round pick.
  13. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I would draft him in the 7th or sign him as a UDFA
  14. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,807 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Dude hasn't accomplished a thing in college. He might get a late round flyer at best, but is likely undrafted.

Just because he was a top HS recruit doesn't mean he's a talent at this level. It's all about how hard you work.
  15. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,557 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    :lmao2: Good one. That is Sam Kinison caliber funny!
  16. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received

Oy ve.. :shoot6:
  17. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Too many personal issues. Tennessee was too much for him to handle so he transferred to K-State to be closer to home and play with his brother and it still wasn't enough to get him straightened out. CFL bound
  18. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This high school nobody ain't got nothing on Marcus Stiggers.
  19. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Marcus Dupree V2.0?
  20. Hailmary

Hailmary Active Member

2,236 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if he's participated in any pro days or if any team has scheduled him for a visit/workout?