1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RB Bryce Brown, Former 2009 No. 1 recruit Declares

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JonJon, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Yes, the classic version of that was Marion Butts who never even started for the Florida St. Seminoles before becoming a Pro Bowl RB.

It is nice that he hasn't had the pounding but the downside is we don't know his body holds up against pounding week after week.

He is defnitely a high risk pick if anyone wants to make the investment but this isn't the case of an athlete trying to play football. This guy was once a great football player - it is obvious on the film that he had a lot of ability.
  2. kazzd58

kazzd58 Member

149 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    heres another clip i found of him in the us army game back b4 he came to TN... shows some ability as far as vision and pass catching down field...i like him, 6-7th rounder free agent, wldnt hurt to bring him in and at least look at him....

http://youtu.be/ZZRBHcktNl0
  3. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Is he a better prospect than Maurice Clarett?
  4. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Clarett had no speed (4.8 40 yard) and let himself get seriously out of shape after being suspended.

He just didn't have a good NFL skill set for the next level and combined with a poor work ethic he didn't last long in the league.
  5. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    stupid eagles
  6. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    No big loss. The kid has serious commitment issues and poor work ethic. A couple grand in his pocket and he will be content to walk away again.
  7. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    It's a huge gamble, and I doubt it will payoff for the Eagles, but they probably figured it was worth the gamble to select him instead of battling other teams to sign him as an UDFA.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,567 Messages
    5,486 Likes Received
    This. He is from my hometown and all thru high school he was built up as the next Barry Sanders (also from my hometown.)

I had no choice but to follow his career and he has been nothing but a disappointment from the time he left high school.