1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: RB Coach Gary Brown: Murray has only scratched the surface

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,023 Messages
    7,761 Likes Received
    I don't see what anybody sees in Randle. He's just too slow for the NFL. the team seems to like him, though. Especially the scouts.
  2. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,428 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    Love Murray. One of my favorite players on the team. He gives life to this team like Barber would do. His injury issues are a concern though. I would keep drafting mid round running backs until we find a gem. But I'd do everything in my power to keep him until we find his successor.
    50cent likes this.
  3. iRepDatStar

iRepDatStar Member

82 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    I've seen Emmitt Smith run out of bounds also
  4. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,753 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    I heard a lot of the same arguments (easy to replace/etc) about dan bailey. I'm glad we locked him up and I wouldn't be against a Reasonable 2-3 yr deal for Murray . I like his desire for the game. Besides, he takes his offseason work very seriously so maybe we can move him to qb if tony keeps goofing off. :D
  5. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,615 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Yeah, I think they were enamored with his pass catching ability and hoping he would be another Emmitt,,, ie. not very fast but able to bounce off tackles and keep his legs under him. I don't know what we were looking at last year but it didn't look very promising!
    Idgit likes this.
  6. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,952 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    The Cowboys ruined Barber. He was a great closer but he never should have been a starter.

As for Murray, I think they should resign him for the right price. It;s easy to say that RBs are a dime a dozen but we can't seem to find any great ones for any length of time. We sure shouldn't replace him until we have another RB in place. None of his backups have shown me much.
  7. dbonham

dbonham Active Member

309 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    We'll draft or sign someone this year, see what we have in our backups, see what Demarco does with this year. Then we will decide whether to extend him, let him test free agency or let him walk.
  8. Death Star

Death Star Member

346 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Like someone else said Murray is 26, and the clock is ticking...

[IMG]