1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RB Theo Riddick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Rack Bauer, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,526 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    Ok so I may be a bit of a homer on this one, but Theo Riddick from Notre Dame would be a nice pickup, and being that he isn't the "Main Guy" in ND we might be able to get him in the 4th round or so.

The dude is fast, sets up blocks well, has great vision, and RUNS HARD. This dude does not go down easy.

Wouldn't mind Teo, Eifert, or Zach Martin either.
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,454 Messages
    1,648 Likes Received
    I was very impressed with the USC freshmen WB Matt Wittek.

He has a lot of physical ability.
  3. chuch

chuch Member

36 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I came away pretty impressed with Nix's performance against Holmes. He made a more than a few good plays in the backfield.
  4. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,957 Messages
    554 Likes Received
    Best thing about Reddick is his hands out of the backfield. Converted WR so his hands are better than most. Could be a good guy to have next to Tony in the shotgun as he's a real tough matchup for LB's. I'd take him in the 5th no problem
  5. JeffInDC

JeffInDC Well-Known Member

1,000 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    The next person that wants us to take Holmes needs their head checked. He's got NO POWER versus NFL-Caliber DT's.
  6. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,004 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    Yep the freshman QB on USC was impressive. Has a great quick arm it seemed and has very nice size.
  7. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,261 Messages
    318 Likes Received

He took that game over last night, very impressive player.
  8. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

1,904 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Riddick is a very poor man's Percy Harvin in terms of versatility, but does not have that kind of dynamic, explosive quality to his play. He was terrific last night, but I have wished that Kelly would have featured Cierre Wood more than he has this year.

Next year will be interesting in the backfield. Riddick and Wood will be gone. Atkinson is too much of a straight line guy who doesn't run well between the tackles. Between Cam McDaniel, Will Mahone, Amir Carlisle and incoming freshman Jamel James, there's talent available, but not a lot of experience.
  9. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,729 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    I like Riddick alot. Type of player this offense needs.
  10. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,453 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    I am convinced Atkinson will be a super star next year.
  11. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,594 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    If I have my choice of Domers, I pick Louis Nix. He is a mauler. Graham out of Pitt is the RB I want.
  12. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Nix only a junior

I still like that OT zack martin ND

stick him in at OG

he played with a tude

and give me Brain Kelly

he showed that he knows how to handle any team

all he has done has been a winner every where

Grand Valley State 116 - 35 -2
    Central Michigan 19-16
    Cincinnati 34 -6
    Notre Dame 28 - 10

199 - 66 - 2

Big East Coach of the Year (2007, 2008, 2009)[10]
    American Football Coaches Association Division II Coach of the Year (2003)[13]
    American Football Coaches Association Division II Coach of the Year (2002)[14
  13. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,565 Messages
    4,139 Likes Received
    Ok, get me a good shrink.

I reviewed the game and graded Holmes with a Win in 59 of 63 offensive plays.

Holmes was often in 1-on-1 blocking against Louis Nix. Not many, if any, Centers (College or NFL) are going to win all snaps against Nix. At 6'2-1/2, 326, Nix has elite quickness for his size.

USC uses a lot of Zone Running plays similar to what the Cowboys and Callahan are trying to implement. Holmes is very good at this type of blocking. Also, he is the leader of that OLine, is very good at making line calls and excels at 2nd level open field blocking.

Holmes has above average upper body strength and good lower body strength for this size. He does need to add about 5 lbs of muscle to improve his anchor.

I did a play-by-play of Holmes when he played against Star Lotulelei here:
    http://www.walker-texas.com/holmes-vs-star.pdf

Summary: For me, the most impressive thing about Khalad Holmes is how often his team has him in 1-on-1 blocking against players like Louis Nix and Star Lotulelei.