1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

RB trio for Team

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by kirkjrk, Mar 3, 2013.

1. XxTDxX

XxTDxX Active Member

711 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    Exactly.
  2. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    So I guess Minn has a great O l.ine ?

Cough Cough
  3. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    no teams would touch a QB from the $EC because of the long string of flops (JaMarcus Russell, Tim Tebow, etc.....)Yeah, Eli Manning has been good but really who else? It's a flawed and ridiculous logic guys and if you're as smart as you claim you will admit that. Bell isn't going to be a superstar but he's going to be a VERY nice compliment to a speed back like Murray in Dallas or Johnson in Tennessee.....
  4. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,863 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Cough all you want.;) The Vikings are built to run, largely because they have a freakishly great RB and no passing attack. Their problems are around WR's and Cb's and around the fact that Ponder may not be an NFL caliber QB.
  5. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,442 Messages
    2,791 Likes Received
    Ellington was slowed by an injury and that's his problem. Fast dynamic runner with ability to go the distance any play. He just can't stay healthy. I'd stay away from him.
  6. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,327 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    I don't see NFL teams going out of their way to draft SEC QBs in the early rounds, so it strengthens my point about Big10 RBs.
  7. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...was a few years ago, but Johnny Manziel of A&M has the NFL drooling already. Your point is a poor one and simply not true. Marion Barber was very good for us for a few years and wore down quickly because he didn't listen to Emmitt and get out of bounds on runs earlier. He went to Minnesota obviously. Bell of MSU is going to be a good one a VERY good one and I'll bump this thread when I'm proven right. You should know by now that NFL talent isn't predicated by conference. That's just laughable. If you can play, you can play no matter the position or conference.
  8. joseephuss

20,327 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    Well, my opinion of him is not solely based on what conference he plays in. It isn't even the top reason. It is among the several reasons I don't think he will be a truly good back. Now, he could possibly be a decent back up, but I am not using a 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder on him.

Russell was a flop and I don't think teams were lining up to grab him, only the Raiders. Are NFL teams really drooling over Manziel? There is no proof of that. That is more media and fans at this stage. Besides A&M is still a hybrid Big 12/SEC team. And of course, there are always exceptions. Bell is not going to be that exception at the RB position. Feel free to bump away.
  9. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,690 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    He will be...but I'm not taking him.

If he's still there when we pick in the 2nd, I'd think about it.
  10. Texan_Eph89

Texan_Eph89 Well-Known Member

1,049 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Bell is 6'2" 244lbs, he's an H-back playing running back. He's bigger than Aaron Hernandez. 4.6 at that size isn't bad, and he's plenty athletic.
  11. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Bell's combine height and weight was 6' 1", 230 lbs.
  12. alohawg

alohawg Active Member

1,241 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Dennis Johnson will be a steal wherever he goes.
  13. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I agree, he's one of my favorites.

I would draft Bell in the fourth and take DJ as a UDFA.
  14. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I agree. Using several backs doesn't allow the RB to really get into the flow of the game and many RBs needs that. Since this has become a passing game, I don't buy into the notion that the one RB can't handle a full load.
  15. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

368 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    If Bell is there inthe 3rd round you take him... Hell I wouldn't be mad at Jerry if he took Bell inthe 2nd round.

Dallas finished almost dead last in rushing last year inthe NFL.. Cowboys need a solid running game in order to excel in this league.
  16. joseephuss

20,327 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    You get a solid running game by addressing the offensive line. I would rather they spend their 2nd and 3rd rounders on linemen.