1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Reality Check (Warning... Positive Post)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Okay, so the skins beat the Giants.

We are one game behind. We have a lot of issues on this team BUT can we bring them under control in time to make a push?

I think maybe the chips may be falling in our favor, at least in terms of getting some help.

So here is how this is setting up.

We play the Bengals next week and it is a winnable game. Not easily but winnable.

The Giants play the Saints at home. The way the Giants played tonight the Saints can take them.

The Skins play the Ravens. Ravens are tough so this time next week, we could be in a three way tie for the division with the skins having the tie breaker edge for now.

By the time we play our next game the Skins will have played the Browns (Worried that the Browns won't win but they could) and the Giants will have played at the Falcons. I think the Falcons will win.

The Steeler game could give us the lead IF we win.

It all comes down to if we have the team that can catch lightning in a bottle or will we be the same old same old.

Our last two games are the Saints and the Skins. We will need to play the best ball of the year but with some help along the way from other teams we might...just might sneak into the tournament.
  2. cowboys102030

cowboys102030 Member

285 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The Cowboys pretty much have to win out to stand a decent chance. The remaining opponents look mighty tough for the Boys. At least with Murray we have a chance, but the defense has been porous lately.
  3. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    Balls to the wall time, DeMarco will start running with some confidence now that he got his feet wet.
  4. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well, like I said, we could use some help along the way but I will take it.
  5. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,329 Messages
    704 Likes Received
    If we win at Cincy and the Giants and Redskins both lose, guess what? First place in the NFC East on sunday night.
  6. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The ravens will beat the brakes off the redskins......

the cowboys will beat the bengals 20-17 or it could go the other way

the giants will win out.......their back is against the wall we know how that goes
  7. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,219 Messages
    1,246 Likes Received
    Giants will have to go to Atlanta and Baltimore, plus has New Orleans and Philly at home. Project 9-7.

Skins have 6 losses already. We beat them in last game, our 9-7 tops Giants by way of divisional record, and I don't know who has the tie-breaker between the Skins and Cowboys... It would depend on mutual opponents, and I have not looked that over yet...

That means we could lose one of the next three games and still win the division, if we hold the tie-breaker. If the Skins lose one of the next three games, then we would simply need to beat them to go 9-7 and we would win the division, provided the Giants lose two games (at Atlanta, at Baltimore the most likely two.)

9-7 is what I think the best record will be in this division... Do we have the tie-breaker against the Skins if they finish 9-7 too? That is if we go 3-1 to finish the season and beat the Skins (lot of things have to go right for this to happen, but any given Sunday...)
  8. HanD

HanD Member

859 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I was thinking

wk 14: Dal over Cin, Bal over Was, NO over NYG
    wk 15: Pit over Dal, Was over Cle, Atl over NYG
    wk 16: NO over Dal, Was over Phi, Bal over NYG
    wk 17: Dal over Was and NYG over Phi

all 3 teams 8-8 and per espn, it has dal as the div champs.... :shrug
  9. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,117 Messages
    5,596 Likes Received
    it just sucks suggs gets hurt right before they play the skins/giants.
  10. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,838 Messages
    1,644 Likes Received
    I'm here :D

#reality
  11. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,349 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    It's just a shame that when the offense gets going with Murray and Dez the defense is decimated by injuries. I think it's really going to be difficult with the offenses we have to face.

Bengals, Steelers, Saints and Skins.

BUT...I think we can outscore those teams too. Whatever, at least we're still in it and playing for something. It's gonna be fun to watch.
  12. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    The Browns are showing some life and I think they have a chance against the Skins, especially at home.

None of this will matter though if we don't play a hell of a lot better than we have been.
  13. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,573 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Looks like Suggs might be out for Balt. so that game is winnable for Wash.
  14. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    It looks like to get in we will have to go at least 3-1 over the next four games with one of the wins being @Washington. I think its possible but the team is going to have to start playing like it wants to win.
  15. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Dammit I hate this stress I wish we could haven just laid down and died with some dignity, now we're just twitching on the floor like a wounded rodent. Or just waltzed into the playoffs. Yeah, the latter.
  16. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,389 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    That Cleveland game is not an automatic win for the skins.
  17. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Great post. The division is wide open. Let's watch & see what happens from here on out. Hopefully it all falls in the Cowboys favor. :star:
  18. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,117 Messages
    5,596 Likes Received
    saints game worries me the most for that exact reason.
  19. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    I agree. Cleveland plays tough. They just tend to not come out on top
  20. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    We really need Ratliff back this week!! Ryan needs to just throw Brent-Ratliff out there on 1st & 2nd down, plus Carr/MO/Jenkins/Sensabaugh/McCray MUST step up and start making plays on the football