1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Reality Check (Warning... Positive Post)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Dec 3, 2012.

1. mgcowboy

mgcowboy Well-Known Member

1,354 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I am glad ravens lost this weekend coz that means they gonna play hard to make sure they get that 2nd spot in the AFC...

I am predicting (and hoping) skins will lose to ravens and browns...

:cool:
  2. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,116 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    Here is how it is going to play out: The Giants will implode. The division will come down to us vs. the Stinks at FEDEX on the last game of the season. We all know how well we do in those situations. Its a blowout waiting to happen and not in our favor. We all wished for a Stinks victory and we got it. They are now about to steal the division right out from under us, watch. It simply has to end this way. This is of course my PTSD from 2008 talking......:D
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    It's time to see what this team is made of... Every team has injuries this time of the year. No excuses!
  4. links18

10,116 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    Not every team is starting multiple guys off the street. At some point its no longer an excuse and just reality.
  5. cowboys102030

cowboys102030 Member

285 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Or it could be like 2011. Get down big, make a furious comeback in the 4th, then defense collapses and we fall short. We always seem to be in these "last game of the season" situations. :p:
  6. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I stopped after " Warning....positive post"

Just kidding. Hope we can put something together here. We just have to take care of business.
  7. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,744 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    anything is possible.

my only hope is romo.

I just wish him a super bowl run so he can retire with the credit he deserves.

I'm thinking they'll finish 9-7 and lose a tie-breaker with the seahawks
  8. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Good post. I'm crossing my fingers and holding my breath, buddy. :starspin
  9. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,915 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    If we play like yesterday and the Deadskins play like they played tonight, I don't see us beating them in cold January weather in Washington.
  10. links18

10,116 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    Its not like its Lambeau Field. :lmao2:

But yeah, hard to see a win in that scenario.
  11. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,565 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    To get to the playoffs, off the top of my head we need six things to happen, and probably a lot more:

1.) We need to score a lot of points
    2.) Our defense has to get the ball back once or twice a game, and our DB's need to catch the ball when the opposing QB throws it right to them.
    3.) No turnovers, no misreads by receivers that lead to picks, and Tony needs to watch for the linebackers sneaking over from right to left in coverage.
    4.) We need to run the ball effectively enough to at least get the opposing defense leaning forward a bit.
    5.) RHG needs to challenge bad spots and other mistakes by the officials, and he needs to manage the clock correctly at the end of the half and at the end of the game.
    6.) Whatever time the bus leaves for the stadium from the hotel, we need to add an hour when giving Free the departure time.

:starspin :starspin :starspin
  12. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,453 Messages
    1,092 Likes Received
    As soon as Dez's fingertips landed out of bounds vs the Giants, I felt like that was going to be the play that would haunt us all offseason... just like the incomplete deep ball to Austin last year vs the Giants haunted us this past offseason.

I hope like hell I'm wrong, obviously. Giants losing tonight was huge.
  13. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,917 Likes Received
    hey i'd just like to be in a position where that game means something. still a pretty good chance it doesn't.
  14. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,915 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    My concern is not how low the temperature may get but playing in possible snow or cold rainy day.

We are a passing team and they can run better than us. That's a advantage for them playing in cold and wet weather.
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,465 Messages
    2,887 Likes Received
    My prediction.................it all comes down to the last game of the season with the Skins, winner takes the division, loser goes home. Only see 1 team from the East going to the playoffs.

On the road against a Skins team that mauled us on Thanksgiving for the division.................cant say I am real confident at this moment, but at least the last game of the season will still mean something.
  16. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Gonna go out on a limb and say

Romo-Dez-Murray>RG3-Morris-Garcon

I'll take our triple headed monster over theirs in a pressure game.
  17. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    It's not like the Skins can't.

I'm worried about the Bengals. Their defense is on a tear right now. 4 sacks in each of the last 4 games and forcing turnovers. They have a tough DL and get pressure up the middle and on the edges. They're Redzone defense has only given up 1 TD on 8 attempts over the last 4 games, they blanked Oakland by not even allowing them in the Redzone and on the flipside they haven't been settling for FGs hardly at all on offense as they've converted on 13 of their last 17 trips.

Going east, early game, losing an hour on the trip and playing against a team that is peaking. Just a tough situation.

If the offense starts slow and the Bengals jump out to a lead and are able to pin their ears back because Dallas has to ditch running the ball, it's gonna be tough. Very tough.

The recent defensive performances for Dallas have been pretty bad. If they don't pick it up the Bengals will score early and rush the passer all out.
  18. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,915 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I agree.
  19. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    They didn't maul us. We mauled ourselves. We do the dumb things that gets you beat. We don't start playing until the second half.
    This whole thread is predicated on us not doing that again.
  20. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Look, I am committing to a week of positivity in the hopes that they don't do all that..

Let's get some positive mojo working!