1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Reality Check (Warning... Positive Post)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,423 Messages
    2,142 Likes Received

Yea, we have to start playing in the 1st quarter, we cant wait till half time against good teams.
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,113 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I could see this playing out. I would just hate to get this far only to be heart-broken again, so I may take the conservative approach and expect us to do what we historically do.
  3. Staxxxx

Staxxxx Member

286 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Don't forget that Seattle's starting corners are likely going to be suspended their final 3 games of the season. Minnesota is in a tailspin and we hold the tie breaker with Tampa.

I think 10-6 will do it but I'm not convinced we have to win out to get in. Although a lot would have to fall right for us to get in at 9-7.
  4. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,185 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    Ah, the one time zone over excuse. I've heard it all now. :lmao2:

Just messing with you dude!
  5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,857 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    Basically, the playoffs have started for the Cowboys. Any loss would be crushing and I think would probably end our chances.
  6. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,770 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    Beating the Bengals would realistically put us in the playoff conversation for the first time. This is going to be a huge game, and even though we played a terrible team last week, the return of Murray and the ascendance of Dez gives us some hope that things are improving on offense for the first time in a while.
  7. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,675 Messages
    1,576 Likes Received
    It's fully possible that the Cowboys can take down the division. Not likely, though.
  8. bula

bula Member

177 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    The issue is not our offense. Its our DEFENSE. As it is currently playing, there is no way we win any of our last 4 games. Predicting playoffs is kinda ridiculous. Philly just hung 33 on us. PHILLY!!!

Prove you can hold Cincy to 10 points or less, get 2+ turnovers and ill start considering. Until then, its a pipe dream folks.
  9. LOBO7

LOBO7 Active Member

319 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    This week attack Newman, often.

The fumble return by Clayborn was the the first time luck and opportunity at the end of a game has gone our way in a long time.
    :star:
  10. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,086 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    I don't think it is a pipe dream but I am worried about our defense. The loss of Lee AND Carter makes this a huge uphill battle.

The running game of the Skins is very troublesome for us when we get to that point. I am not as worried about the running game of the Bengals or the Steelers as they are more of a slow lumbering game.

New Orleans we can beat in a shootout in my opinion.
  11. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,885 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    By the last game of the season, we will already have been eliminated and all we will be able to do is play spoiler to the surging Redskins. The Redskins could run the table.. they have Baltimore at home this Sunday which will be their toughest game, then they have the Browns, the Eagles, and then us who they already outclassed on our own turf.
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,362 Messages
    1,993 Likes Received
    good post

the reality is that the way the schedule shales out, i like the giants to keep losing so it comes down to US

if we can win our games, the skins are also palying good ball and i think they will stay with us

it may well come down to the last game of the season in DC
  13. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,389 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    I want Dallas to win every game, but 6-6 certainly seems telling with this team. The offense is finally showing some signs of life and Romo is looking like he is in the zone, but the defense is looking like it will not get the job done with the players they are fielding. The Redskins and Philly flat out worked them over. If that is the best they can do then 8-8 would be the best I could see happening.
  14. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,086 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    1 game at a time.
  15. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,318 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    I'm a believer in Demarco Murray but lets not oversell his return and what it means to the offense. Much of the run success last week needs to be attributed to a horrible Philly D. Let's see what happens in Cincinatti before counting any chickens...
  16. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

I am not sure what team people have been watching. Rob ryan can barely slow a bad offense with our starters.

what we had out there on thanksgiving and sunday was the 3rd qtr preseason defense.

josh brent, marcus spears, dan conner, ernie sims, alex Albright, danny mcray, vince agnew, eric Frampton.

we have no chance on defense against the next four offenses we play. We will need to score in the 40s every game to win most likely.

it sucks but that's where we are at.

the win sunday was fun and I enjoyed it knowing its probably the last, it felt a lot like the Monday night win over the seahawks in 2004. It kept us mathematically in the race but in reality we just have no ability to play defense.

In 04 we pulled out that miracle win in seattle on Monday night football to put us at 5-7. We proceeded to lose 3 of 4. We lost the saints game the next week and that was it.

I imagine we have no ability to block the cincy front four and no ability to slow there offense this week.

I find it interesting in 08 also that it was marvin lewis who said we were a poorly coached team that was very sloppy. I wonder what he thinks now?
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,979 Messages
    2,178 Likes Received
    Still an uphill battle but I have to say I like our chances with Murray back in the lineup and with Dez starting to come on strong.
  18. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,749 Messages
    681 Likes Received
    Things are falling right for us.

But we need to win our games first before we can even think of the playoffs.

After seeing us dismantled by the Skins and picked apart by the hapless Eagles, I'm not confident that our defense is up to the job.
  19. AmericasTeam31

AmericasTeam31 Active Member

1,226 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    How many defensive starters has Washington lost?
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,979 Messages
    2,178 Likes Received
    And Washington defense is ranked 29th and have given up more points than ours. Losing starter matters, it is easy for people to throw around no excuses but fact is you can't lose key member and not have some negitive impact. Yes you need to overcome and find a way to win but it still makes winning much harder when you lose key players

There is a reason why key players are paid big bucks while backups get much less it is called talent. :laugh2: