1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Reality Check (Warning... Positive Post)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,805 Messages
    2,074 Likes Received
    Bit lower since NY still has the 1 game lead. I put our chances about the same as the skins. Right now NY controls their own destiny they win out they are in no ands if or buts about it. Cowboys and Washington need to win and hope NY drops a game or 2 along the way.

I'm not being a homer, I don't see us as a lock to make it I think we have a very tough task ahead of us. Then again I'm not a troll claiming we have no chance and we suck so badly. You want to talk realist well I think I'm a bit more realistic than you. Being negative does not make you a realist, just a disgruntled fan
  2. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,233 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A salient point.

We all know we have issues. We all know that we have to make adjustments in the off season. At this point though, all the adjustments that are going to be made have been made.WE just need to try and enjoy what is left of the season, hope some things fall our way and then start fresh in the playoffs. Lord knows I have made enough noise about Red needing to go, Romo having brain cramps and the oline being a turnstile. That has to be over at least for now because we have a chance to make something out of this season. Some positivity never hurts. Let's shelve the discontent until we are eliminated form the super bowl hunt.
  4. Doomsday101

75,805 Messages
    2,074 Likes Received
    As I pointed out there are some good things taking place. Dez is starting to produce as many had hoped for, Murray is getting back in the lineup and should be a big help. OL is getting guys back in there. I will also say Austin looked like he had a lot more burst this past game than he has shown recently hopefully he will get stronger over final stretch as he gets back into game shape

We still have injuries we need to overcome and find ways to make some key plays but maybe the difference will be Dez and Austin coming on and the return of Murray to the lineup. I don't know we will find out.
  5. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know some are saying not to put much stock in what Murray did in the Eagle game but the fact is, before the injury, he really changed how effective this offense is. His return is just making it better now. And as you said the emergence of Dez along with Miles not tearing, breaking or pulling something has given him more burst which only means more ops for the offense regarding play selection. I would like to see a bit more Harris and Beasley but that's nitpicking a bit.

You are right, we are going to soon find out what we have.
  6. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,101 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    if we were healthy I'd feel good but we are not, missing too many key pieces on defense--but I will enjoy the rest of the season and be a true fan and root for the Boys
  7. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,879 Messages
    1,198 Likes Received
    Your post started out so nice and then you go on the attack as usual. All season we have been hoping for other teams to choke so we could get ahead, meanwhile not handling our business. I see that continuing until we are mathematically eliminated. The Redskins have a much easier road than we do with their schedule and they had no problems beating us here in Dallas.
  8. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Even Giants/Redskins losses?
  9. ufcrules1

6,879 Messages
    1,198 Likes Received
    This sums up how I feel too. I just feel like Jim Mora when people are talking about us making the playoffs.
  10. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But isn't that what being a fan is all about?

You know where the word fan comes from, right?
  11. ufcrules1

6,879 Messages
    1,198 Likes Received
    No, please enlighten me.
  12. Doomsday101

75,805 Messages
    2,074 Likes Received
    Only reason is they are in the hunt. Yes they have to win games over the next 4 weeks, so does the Giants and Skins. Cowboys can't control what these other teams do they can only control what they do over this final run.

There are reason to think they will not do it and yet they have also shown they can be a very explosive team. Can they put it together in this final month? We will find out but our chances are pretty much the same as the 2 other teams competing for the East.
  13. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh geez.
    Why don't you go play in the "we aren't going to make the playoffs" thread and enjoy your misery.
  14. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,217 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    The X factor this year is a healthy Demarco down the stretch. I still think we get rocked by the Bengals though. That is a good football team. We will have to score 40 to beat NO. Then as it always does at Washington, instead of Philly this year, to end it.

Geeez, what am I thinking, we still have Pitts. There will be terrible towels all over cowboys stadium, and my bet is Big Ben will be back. Talk about speedy WR's.

Just like every year it looks good on paper, but now this looks like a tough stretch. We have to have the toughest schedule in the NFL.
  15. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 New Member

1,453 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No chance the Browns beat the Skins. Did you watch the game last night? Washington has come to play. I'd be shocked if we beat them week 17. Especially at FedEx.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,488 Messages
    1,734 Likes Received
    Actually we've dominated the Redskins at Fed Ex.
  17. Doomsday101

75,805 Messages
    2,074 Likes Received
    There is a way, Cleveland has been in about every game they have played this season. I expect Wash to be favored in the game but Cleveland will not lay down for Washington.
  18. Fmart322

Fmart322 Active Member

934 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    I was at that game. Don't remind me.
  19. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,025 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I know this sounds simplistic but without Sean Lee and Bruce Carter we really have no chance. Average Rb's can shred us........
  20. ufcrules1

6,879 Messages
    1,198 Likes Received
    You ask me where the term fan comes from and I say "no, please enlighten me" and then you get nasty?