1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Really Overthought Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by slotshot, Apr 18, 2008.

1. slotshot

slotshot Member

503 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1. Dolphins
    Chris Long
    DE, Virginia

2.Rams
    Jake Long
    OT, Michigan

3. Falcons
    Glen Dorsey
    DT, LSU

4. Raiders
    Vernon Gholston
    DE, Ohio State

5. Chiefs
    Matt Ryan
    QB, Boston College

6. Jets
    Darren McFadden
    RB, Arkansas

7. Patriots
    Leodis McKelvin
    CB, Troy

8. Ravens
    Ryan Clady
    OT, Boise State

9. Bengals
    Sedrick Ellis
    DT, USC

10. Saints
    Keith Rivers
    LB, USC

11. Bills
    Devin Thomas
    WR, Michigan St.

12. Broncos
    Jeff Otah
    OT, Pittsburgh

13. Panthers
    Branden Albert
    OT, Virginia

14. Bears
    Rashard Mendenhall
    RB, Illinois

15. Lions
    Derrick Harvey
    DE, Florida

16. Cardinals
    Dominic Rodgers-Cromartie
    CB, Tennessee State

17. Vikings
    Philip Merling
    DE, Clemson

18. Texans
    Mike Jenkins
    CB, South Florida

19. Eagles
    Jonathan Stewart
    RB, Oregon

20. Buccaneers
    Limas Sweed
    WR, Texas

21. Redskins
    James Hardy
    WR, Indiana

22. Cowboys
    Aqib Talib
    CB, Kansas

23. Steelers
    Chris Williams
    OT, Vanderbilt

24. Titans
    CalaisCampbell
    DE, Miami

25. Seahawks
    Kentwan Balmer
    DT, North Carolina

26. Jaguars
    Gosder Cherilus
    OT, Boston College

27. Chargers
    Felix Jones
    RB, Arkansas

28. Falcons
    Brian Brohm
    (from Cowboys)

29. 49ers
    Sam Baker
    OT, USC

30. Packers
    Brandon Flowers
    CB, Virginia Tech

31. Giants
    Jerrod Mayo
    LB, Tennessee
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received

That would be a surprise pick for many but I can see the Eagles going after a true every-down feature back like Stewart. They haven't had one in quite some time. That would free up Westbrook to do a lot more for their offense, which is good for the Eagles and bad for everyone else.

I could live with that. I think he will be a solid CB.

Not sure about this one. The Chargers could use a backup, but RB isn't that pressing of an issue to draft one in the first round, especially with the draft class being so deep. I could see them addressing the position in rounds 3-5 though.

What do you think this trade would entail or what would the Cowboys be gaining? I think this pick goes to the Lions or maybe even the Bengals for a WR.
  3. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    O.K., you're now the 2nd person who I have to take away your MOCK PRIVELAGES!

The Chargers do not have a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round pick, so they have that ONE PICK in round 1 and dont' pick again till round 5, now I ask you, WHY ON GODS EARTH would you take a R.B. with your only pick in the 1st 4 rounds when you already have the league's best R.B.???????????

SO, your mock privelages have now been officially revoked along with DaBoys4Life's.

4. slotshot

slotshot Member

503 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not sure about this one. The Chargers could use a backup, but RB isn't that pressing of an issue to draft one in the first round, especially with the draft class being so deep. I could see them addressing the position in rounds 3-5 though.

I pretty much took a best available player approach. As well, the Bolts took Turner in the second round previously to back up LT. Also, LT is not getting any younger and does have some miles on him.

What do you think this trade would entail or what would the Cowboys be gaining? I think this pick goes to the Lions or maybe even the Bengals for a WR.

My first guess would be their middle second and first third. This is a really prime spot for jumpin ahead in line to get one of the most game-ready QBs in this draft. He also fits their system particularily well. The Cowboys could then obtain the best RB/WR with thier first pick in the second (Jamaal Charles?), and the opposite with the second (Early Doucet?). This would also give us a high third to go along with our low third. Continued wild speculation might reasonably put Tyrell Thomas (SS) and Charles Godfrey (CB) in our hands. We could also sub one of these picks for a nice DT.

This would leave us with the first 3 rounds picks' as:

1. Antoine Cason
    2a. Jamaal Charles (or Chris Johnson/Ray Rice?)
    2b. Early Doucet (or Donnie Avery/Andre Caldwell)
    3a. Tyrell Thomas (he has started rising fast the last couple of days though)
    3b. Charles Godfrey

Dajuan Morgan, Chilo Rashal, Jordy Nelson, Matt Forte, Eddie Royal, etc... will also fall into the second and third rounds and would also be nice additions that would make our squad. It would also give us considerable freedom to pick up a project QB in the 4th (Josh Johnson?)

Just kicking it around :)
  5. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    That is a very interesting pick. The guys on NFL Network were just commenting on that a few minutes ago. They reported that the Chargers could be looking at RB at 27 to replace Michael Turner and be the new backup for LT. Since LT is now over 30, this RB could be the backup that will eventually replace LT as the starter. Nice job!
  7. ThatsmyQB

ThatsmyQB Benched

1,221 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll say it again!
    The Chargers do not have 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round picks, so NO WAY will they use their only pick in the 1st 4 rounds on a R.B. when they already have the league's best!
  8. slotshot

slotshot Member

503 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I guess that finally proves it, the media DOES get all of their info from the Zone! :laugh2: