1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Reason to believe in Kyle Kosier (sarcasm)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DeWare94, Jun 5, 2006.

1. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

953 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  2. parchy

parchy Active Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I could probably find you a YouTube video of Jerry Rice getting punked by Derek Ross.

Plays define games. Seasons define players. Show me that happening 20 more times before it means anything.
  3. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,390 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, one bad play against one of the NFL's best LBs.

Yup, he's worthless.

Let's move on.
  4. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

953 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    whoa, calm down im just playin
  5. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
  6. DeWare94

DeWare94 Member

953 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,595 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    is anyone really dumb enough to evaluate a player on ONE play?
    Got to wonder about the thread starter.
  8. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    It's sarcasm; besides this clip is old, old news.

It's ironic that a relative unknown named Kyle Kosier is taking over for one of the greatest Cowboys of all time and even more ironic that they have essentially switched teams.

But Kosier is heading into his prime while Allen is riding off into the sunset. Ireland's track record has been solid thus far, and he believes in Kosier which is good enough for me until proven otherwise.
  9. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,974 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    I think one of the reasons the Boys moved so fast on Kosier is the fact that he has played and started at every OLine position but Center.

How many OLinemen with only 4 years in the NFL have started more than one game at LT,RT and both guard positions.

I dont think Kosier is the saviour to our OLine, but i welcome this type of player and think it is a step in the right direction. Doesnt mean i think that the OLine will be a strength in 2006, but this is a good place to start the rebuilding of a unit that has performed poorly the past few years.
  10. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,676 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    I agree....Kosier should be a good addition.

And in case anyone forgets, do you remember a play in Larry Allen's rookie year where Reggie White rag dolled him? If that was the only image you had of LA, no one would beleive you if you said he was one of the best linemen to ever play the game.

There have been good reports about Petitti too. I have had his back, and it sounds like my faith in him has been well placed. Sounds like he has worked hard to get stronger, and I am willing to bet his technique on the right side is going to be much better.
  11. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We're going to look really stupid when Larry Allen makes his 11th Pro Bowl and we are stuck with Kyle Freakin Kosier
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    If Allen makes the Pro Bowl this year with the Niners, it will be on reputation only. Just like the last few nominations he has received.
  13. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Maybe.

Or maybe we'll be just as upset as when DeAngelo Hall made the pro-bowl for "shutting down" TO, while Terrence freaking Newman shut people down week after week.
  14. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Of course it will :rolleyes:
  15. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Until midway through last season, I and any sane Dallas fan would have traded Newman for Hall without thinking twice. Now, Newman has improved quit a bit, and is an elite cover corner, but in no way is he a far better player than Hall. Both are greats corners.
  16. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Sane?

Or people who buy into the hype machine - without actually watching players play?:cool:
  17. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Newman was coming off a terrible, awful, God foresaken season in which he was burned right and left. Hall was the clear cut better player going into last season. Newman improved and reached Hall's level, but DeAngelo has been more consistant over their young careers.
  18. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Only a fool would try to judge Newman off that 2004 campaign in which the entire defense was hapless, and had no pass rush. Hall would have looked no better.
  19. VoR

VoR Member

562 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll let the season actually play out before I
    a.) call Kyle Kosier "Freakin"
    b.) think it was a mistake to let LA go
    :rolleyes:
  20. DLCassidy

DLCassidy Active Member

2,390 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    You do know how old that clip is, right?