1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: BP Press Conference 10/18/06

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by marchetta, Oct 18, 2006.

1. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Here you go…

• Hatcher is doubtful, and Keith Davis has leg problem. Keith practiced today and is probable.
    • We got a new guy named Stanley (TE), Marcus Coleman, and Jamaica is on practice squad.
    • Vicks struggles against Giants D? Didn’t study Atlanta at all. I was just looking at Giants. Giants pressured him pretty well, but I don’t think they will play us the same way.
    • Tiki is tremendous player. Probably the best player in the division, and probably a top 5 in the league. He can run and catch. If Tiki is retiring after this year, they’d be losing their best player, and the league will be losing one of its top players.
    • Coleman’s role will be as a FS, but he can be a CB if we need him there. Outstanding ST player when he was younger, can still do it. Gives us flexibility. Don’t know what he’ll do this week, we’ll see if we can afford to dress him.
    • Hatcher doubtful, good chance he’ll not play. Worked different guys in different spots in order to keep D-line fresh. Aydele practice outside (DE?).
    • Tiki broke 10-12 plays straight through to the safety last week. If he does that this week, we’ll get beat. Tiki is patient, accelerates, good strength, catches, breaks tackles, and no longer has fumble problems. Doesn’t make a lot of 80-90 runs, but a lot of 10+ yard runs. Tiki runs like JJ to an extent. If JJ can be what Tiki is, the Cowboys will be in good shape. Tiki is underrated complete player that stays out there. Talked to JJ about looking at Tiki, because there’s a lot to learn from him (ie Tiki’s patience and sets up blockers).
    • They don’t use Tiki & Jacobs like we use JJ & Barber. Jacobs is a big guy. Jacobs looks like Christian Akoyo (Chiefs). Keep Jacobs running parallel.
    • Mike (Strahan?) has lost a lot of weight in order to improve his quickness. I think it was a good move.
    • Has tried to tell RBs throughout the years that they have a bulls eye on their back every week. If they don’t adhere to weight training, nutricion, and running they’re not going to last very long. JJ particularly has a good ideal what RBs need to do.
    • Witten is blocking better. Want him to get more involved in passing game. Why hasn’t he been involved more? Well, he has dropped a few in case you haven’t noticed.
    • Can you compare Witten to Shockey? No, different types of players.
    • Giants receivers? Tall. Armani & Burress are tall and Carter(?) is fast. They have a good system and more developed qb. They’re putting up points. Dangerous offensive team.
    • How important is 3rd down O important for us? It’s always important. If a team is averaging 30+ Points a game you know 7 points aint’ going to beat them.
    • Reporter: Do you know anyone on the Giants staff?
    BP:Yeah, I've worked with 2 of their staff members.
    Reporter: Does that mean they can anticipate some of your moves/calls?
    BP: Well, it's one of those situations where "they know, that I know, that they know."
    • Active/Inactive FB change TE’s roles during games? No.
    • You have to be conscious of protection every game. (Got into a brief, minor, exchange with reporter). Drew can’t worry about the rush. If he’s worried about the rush, he’s not going to do very well. If he’s worried about the rush, we’re in trouble. We’re going to get tested this week; this is going to be a test this week.
    • Field position can affect what you do.
    • Releasing Suisham means you’re more confident in Vandy? Yes, likes what Vandy has done. Asked Vandy what can he handle, but didn’t want to talk to him to much or he may think that he’s important (chuckle). Best kick I’ve ever seen in my life was Vandy against Denver. It was as good as Venetari’s SB(?) kicks. I’ve seen Vandy make some good kicks in tough places.
    • No way weekly roster can stay the same every week. Opponents change and roster has to change to be prepared against that team.
    • I told the team it has to be good to go every week… and that goes for writers too.
  2. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Glad to see that Rector slipped through to the practice squad.
  3. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,231 Messages
    1,200 Likes Received
    No. One called me a homo.
  4. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,291 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    "It’s one of those they know that I know that they know."

:confused:

:laugh2:
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,286 Messages
    4,601 Likes Received
    Thanks for the recap and I agree with bill that Tiki could be a good player for Julius to pattern his game after.

Very productive but at the same time you do not hear about him getting in trouble or acting a fool on the field.
  6. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,065 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    This sure does make me feel alot better regarding the kicking situation. Sounds like maybe Vandy and Bill are getting along alittle better.
  7. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,065 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    How about dressing up as different characters for interviews? :D
  8. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Thanks, I needed to clarify that statement.
    Reporter: Do you know anyone on the Giants staff?
    BP:Yeah, I've worked with 2 of their staff members.
    Reporter: Does that mean they can anticipate some of your moves/calls?
    BP: Well, it's one of those situations where "they know, that I know, that they know."

If that make sense. :laugh2:
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,286 Messages
    4,601 Likes Received
    Portis may have his fun and be a bit of a nutball.

But when healthy and when they actually use him he is one heck of a rb no matter if he is a redskin or not.
  10. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,065 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Agree 100% with you here. He is a heck of a back.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand his dressing up acts. Big time head case!
  11. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received

True just in satellite system commercials
  12. 31smackdown

31smackdown Well-Known Member

1,059 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I'm thinking that this is in an effort to keep Ellis fresh and get Carpenter on the field.. Carpenter played primarily behind Akin in Training Camp and Preseason.. seems to make some sense.. although that kind of leaves Al Singleton out of the mix
  13. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did he say OLB? If so, I would think Carp is making a push to start inside...
  14. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,068 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    He said he wants to get Singleton (and Burnett) on the field more.
  15. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    He was just frustrated that Dallas didn't draft him, his own admission actually, he genuinely thought he was going to be a Cowboy, has held a grudge since that time because Dallas chose that pesky Roy Williams instead.
  16. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  17. dallasfan31

dallasfan31 New Member

481 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    thanks for recap
  18. SBChamps

SBChamps New Member

87 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I just hope JJ don't hold the ball like Tiki when he runs. It looks so goofy.
  19. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,231 Messages
    1,200 Likes Received
    That I didnt know. Thanks.

Regardless...
  20. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,872 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Who cares how it looks as long as he doesn't fumble?