1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Chad Hennings with Norm on The Ticket...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Sep 13, 2006.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,942 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Hennings:
    • I watched the game last Sunday. I saw a team that came out like gangbusters. I said "This is the year". A Jack Del Rio team is going to hang tough and be there, they won 12 games. I was really impressed with TO. I would like to cuation everyone not to over react. It was one game. This week will tell alot more about this team. They may have been listening to the hype. This may have been the best thing to happen to them. I'm sure Coach Parcells is all over them this week.
    • I can guarantee you Coach Parcells has this team focused this week.
    • We were able to refocus from week to week as a result of Jimmy Johnson. He instilled in us a confident arrogance. We went out from week to week knowing we were going to win... and the other team knew it too. The game was a mere formality.
    • We had different levels of leadership. Guys that would lead in public, guys that would lead on the field. Guys that would lead in the weight room. Guys that would lead by example. It was very much a team. Everyone focused on one thing; winning football games. There wasn't any complaints of playing time or opportunities. It really was a special mix of chemistry.
    • Jimmy picked a good time to leave. His track record shows that his style eventually wears on the players. He would stay everywhere for about 5 years and move on. You get players to a level and they can't go any farther. He and Jerry were eventually going to clash. If he had not left when he did, he would have left soon after anyway.
    • Norm specualtes Jimmy may have pushed his way out. I agree that Jimmy was a great tactician. He knew his strengths and his weaknesses. He may very well have orchestrated his way out of here on his terms. You'll have to ask him that yoursef. Norm: I will!
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    " I would like to cuation everyone not to over react. It was one game. This week will tell alot more about this team. They may have been listening to the hype. This may have been the best thing to happen to them. I'm sure Coach Parcells is all over them this week." Too late Chad :laugh2:
  3. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm a huge Hennings fan.

You can tell by reading his responses how analytically sharp he is. He gets it.

He has a good grasp of what made the early 90s Cowboys so good.
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    The Air Force Academy doesn't accept dummies.
  5. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,942 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Ain't that the truth...

The first segment was on his service in the military and his service in the gulf. He gave everyone listening an excellent history on the region and the people...
  6. 802dave

802dave Member

288 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, the Boys may have nibbled on the cheese a bit. After the misleading preseason results, they might not have been in the proper frame of mind. I was worried about the Jacksonville game.

This week against the Skins will be very interesting; both teams lost; both need a win. Week 2 should tell us a lot about this team!

Dave
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Not just the team but the coaching staff too. Usually great defenses don't have to blitz. They can get to the QB with 4, and play 7 men back to feed off the mistakes. We didn't blitz in the early 90's. The Ravens and Bucs Superbowl teams never blitzed. Perhaps the coaching staff overestimated how good this defense was, and might roll the dice more until the defense shows its capable of moving to the next level.
  8. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    True.

The word pedigree geta thrown around. Chad Hennings exemplifies it.
  9. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Those where the good-ole days.....
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    I wish the team could get back some of the "confident arrogance". My major comment with the BP era of football has been that the team tends to be somewhat flat, especially on defense. Dont get me wrong, they get fired up after a big hit or something but there seems to be something missing at times.
  11. Chief

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received

There's a 6-2, 215-pound package of "moxie" standing on the sidelines holding a clipboard. ;)
  12. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,270 Messages
    1,474 Likes Received
    Agree 100%. I also think (sometimes) Bill is too calm on the sidelines. Every now and then you see him tell somebody to "shut up" or stare somebody down, but I want to see him do more coaching during the game.
  13. Chief

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agreed.

He used to be very active on the sidelines. Since the middle of last year, he has this blank look on his face most of the time and doesn't interact as much.
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    Yep and I am sure thats why the team seems "flat". Seems like they are afraid of making mistakes. Again, just a general comment. I would hope that we see some fire Sunday night.
  15. Sportsbabe

6,270 Messages
    1,474 Likes Received
    Back in the day he used to actually coach on Sundays. Now he only coaches 6 days a week. I think my precious Bill has become fat and lazy;)

And why oh why did someone invent the term "man boobs". I can't take my eyes off them. I look for them on every head coach on every team. Especially since I have HD this year. It's ironic but it seems that every Parcells disciple has them:laugh2:
  16. Chief

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Parcells
    Belichick
    Crennel
    Weis

... The Rack Pack
  17. Sportsbabe

6,270 Messages