1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Goose with GaC on ESPN 103-Dallas...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Nov 29, 2006.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    Goose:
    • In reference to Dr. Z's column on NY Media being over-rated in regards to being "mean". I think Philly is the most aggressive beat coverage in the country. They have a reason to be mean.
    • This game, without question, is the biggest obstacle in Eli's career thus far. When NY made the trade they thought they were getting Peyton. He isn't Peyton. In his defense, he is missing Toomer. He doesn't know what we will get with Burress or the other WR. His completion percentage has gone down since Toomer went out.
    • I expect NYFG to give their best effort this weekend, but it still might not be good enough. This is their season. If they win Sunday they are tied for first with all the tie-breakers. If they lose this weekend I don't think they make the playoffs.
    • I think you see a whole lot of Tiki this weekend. I think they take the ball out of Manning's hands and put it into the hands of their most trusted player.
    • I think Tiki has more media savvy than to say something off the cuff. Alot of these players, like Tiki, get trapped by the media.
    • Kiffen called a friend and told him how good he thought Romo was. At this point alot of people think he is a good QB. He had four TC and was ready to play. Eli was ready to play yet. I think Cutler being put in is a panic move by Shanahan. Credit the Cowboys in bringing Romo along slowly. It was worked out really well for them thus far.
    • Shanahan didn't want to play Cutler this year according to my sources, so this shows he has totally given up on Plummer.
    • I talked to Cowher earlier in the year. I wouldn't be too awful surprised to see him walk away for a couple of years and maybe come back. Now he does have his franchise QB and wouldn't want someone else to walk in and win with his team. For that reason I think he likely comes back.
  2. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,699 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Thanks, TB.
  3. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    always appreciate the recaps!
  4. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Christ, we're either facing fully-rested teams coming off of byes or teams with their backs against the wall.
  5. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Everyone we play minus the Colts treat us like it is their season.

Jacksonville, Philly, Washington, Houston, Arizona, New York, Tampa, everyone remaining especially the Saints and Falcons.
  6. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And watch the injured Giant players "magically" get better just in the nick of time.
  7. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Strahan looked pissed on TV today, I wonder if he and Merriman have been working out together during his suspension.
  8. Timbo2st

Timbo2st Benched

1,091 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree with that.
  9. Aikbach

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    You're part of the frenzy.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    I think that playing a starter at 80% while sitting a good sub who is at 100% gives you no advantage.
  11. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Roethlisberger has got to be one of the most overrated players in the league.
  12. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,003 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    I was assuming he meant Charlie Batch.
  13. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Big Ben is a pretty good QB, he's just had a crazy year.
  14. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,370 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    Could you not use the bullet style recap? I don't like it. Also..... try and use a little color, maybe some bold or underlined stuff with a nice mohican font for the older viewers. You can relate, right?
    Oh just one more little thing, do your best to get these out to us "toot sweet", would you? Thanks.

You know I live for your recaps. Wanted to see if I could rile ya up. Good job as always Trick, Thank you.
  15. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    Being a Holy Man, I have connections in high places...

Don't make me relegate you to eternal damnation... think about it...

Your main company will be iggle and skins fans... jint fans get purgatory as no one cares about them...

Do you REALLY want that kind of company? Do you?
  16. Timbo2st

Timbo2st Benched

1,091 Messages
    0 Likes Received

There's nothing wrong with that.
  17. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,370 Messages
    616 Likes Received

no :eekmouse:
  18. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,960 Messages
    1,849 Likes Received
    Depends on what player(s) you're talking about.
  19. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,178 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Great job trickblue.....we count on your RECAPS
  20. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not the Saints....their season is made, they are in the playoffs. It's nothing more than a chance for them to earn respect.