1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Jerry Jones with Norm on The Ticket... (M. Coleman to be released)...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Oct 13, 2006.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Jerry:
    • My reception in Philly was surprising. I didn't get out in town so my contact with the fans was pretty civil. Now I did get some comments, but it was pretty good over all.
    • I don't think the TO situation weighs on Bill as much as losses. The TO thing is something to point to because we aren't 3-1 or 4-0. The TO issue did not effect that game negatively in any way last week.
    • We tried to get the ball to TO guite a bit. I know he was upset, ut he is a competitor. We wanted to get the ball to both Terry and TO and it just didn;'t work out for us.
    • TO is here for one thing, to help win ball games. The number one thing I should do as an owner is to help win ballgames.
    • Look, we put alot of effort both in assets and work into making this a big year. You don't take one bad game (Bledsoe) and base that on a 16 game season. Bill and I do discuss position changes, but we haven't discussed making a change at the QB position. Let me be clear, we discuss every position. I don't know if we have talked about replacing anyone at a certain postion, but just more on performance and what we think.
    • At this juncture we are very pleased with how Columbo is playing. Rivera and Gurode have been a plus. What happened on the left side last week was a complete surprise. In my opinion, that can be corrected and I know that is a challenge. If you had told me that the left side would be a problem, I would be a bit surprised. I think everyone is aware that Flo is coming off of knee surgery, but he is getting better. Kosier offers quickness, smarts and the ability to get the job done. I think this can be fixed.
    • I think the big plays and turnovers this year have been a dissappointment and I'm not saying I am dissappointed with the defense. We have moved the ball well on offense but we have turned it over a bit.
    • We are releasing Coleman today, but that doesn't mean he can't play a role on this team later on. To do what we want to do with our roster this week, our best plan is to release him.
    • Pat Watkins is not going to lose his job this week.
    • We made mistakes last week that the Eagles had nothing to do with. I don't know if you can single out one player, but we are making some mistakes and giving up big plays that are hurting us. That's why we are 2-2 and not 4-0. At least these things are things that can be corrected with practice, and I know this.
    • We have some big games coming up after this week and it is a concern of mine and Bill's that our guys may overlook Houston this week. We have stressed to the team that we need to be focused. We better forget about the coming weeks and make thes the "Championship of Texas" game.
  2. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Well.....I am glad to read our problems can be fixed in practice.
  3. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,065 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Can't say that I'm that shocked he's getting released. We'll have two roster spots open now with Sushiam and Hannam gone correct?
  4. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,493 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Marcus or Kenyon?
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    TB, I guess you mean Marcus Coleman?

Parcells didn't mention anything about it in the PC, and even talked about Marcus' conditioning... Hmm...
  6. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,538 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    Seems like Jerry is answering questions that Bill seems undecided about in his Press Conference
  7. trickblue

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    I thought I heard him say that he waon't make the roster this week, but if he clears waivers they may bring him back... now that could have been in reference to Suisham... the PC happened so quickly I was unprepared...

Now I know Jones said that they WOULD release Coleman today...

Interesting...
  8. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,390 Messages
    1,420 Likes Received
    Yeah, after re-watching the game, it was more or less recognition problems with the O-Line, mostly with Flozell.

Part of the issue is that Philly stunts a ton and they do a very good job of stunting as they are good at making it look like they are going straight up the field and then at the last second they'll do a stunt.

There wasn't many cases of the Philly defenders just outright beating our O-Line based on physical ability.

YAKUZA
  9. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,963 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    Nothing wrong with releasing Coleman in my opinion. He was never going to be a savior that solidified the FS position. He was just insurance in case every other safety on the roster proved to be totally incompetent at the position. Prior to the Eagles game, Watkins was doing alright. Terrible game last Sunday, but a career should not be determined by one game alone.

The safeties had not been the problem in coverage all season until the Philly game. The Jags beat the corners in the first game and the Skins and Titans had no passing game.
  10. trickblue

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Well Norm asked him about Marcus Coleman... Jerry just said "Coleman" so it could be either one, but I assume Marcus...
  11. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,741 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    We have had O-line probelms for years, you would think that practice would have already taken care of it. Our O-line is what it is...
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,262 Messages
    5,515 Likes Received
    If his roster exemption ends and they don't add him to the roster, he is automatically released. Perhaps he is confused.
  13. COWBOYSNUM1

COWBOYSNUM1 Active Member

625 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Parcells says that he could add 2 players. Does anyone have names?
  14. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Sounds like Skyler Green could be one of them. :eek:
  15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Could be. Crayton has not done much returning punts adding Green may help. I still think we will see Newman return punts when teams are backed up in their own end of the field.
  16. COWBOYSNUM1

COWBOYSNUM1 Active Member

625 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Could Troy Vincent be the other?
  17. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    Jerry sounded like he was in chop 'em down mode.
  18. braw

braw Member

765 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Then Who has the best OL, last year everybody was talking about Pittsburgh. That our OL was not that dominant. Yet out OL has given up 10 sacks and Pitts has given up 13 as well as Seatles.
    The Titans have given up 1 less than the league best 5. Yet they have not won 1 game. The sack is the most overrated play in football.

So why doesn't not giving up sacks translate into wins for Tennesse. they have that average in 5 games,and don't say because VY because he has played only in 2 of the 5.
  19. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,344 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I hope this isn't a regurgitation of Larry Allen's play last year...
  20. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,065 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Well I can tell you that I about crap my pants everytime Newman takes a hit returning punts.

Green returning punts sure would save me some trips to the cleaners!!