1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Jimmy Johnson: Cowboys Won't Get Far With Bledsoe

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Gryphon, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Recap by CowboysGonnie from a sports forum:

On Sirius satellite, former Cowboys coach was on and was asked what he thought about the Cowboys chances with Bledsoe as the QB, Johnson went on to say "the Cowboys won't get far with Bledsoe.." Johnson also said that "Defenses foam at the mouth when they play QBs like Bledsoe"

They asked Jimmy if Romo is the answer and Jimmy said, "With the offensive line struggles in Dallas, you need a QB that is a little mobile, and Romo gives them that; however, starting Romo would be the equivalent of starting a rookie, but if Bledsoe continues to turn the ball over, a change will come sometime this season, give it 4 more weeks."

Is Jerry Jones grumbling behind the scenes? Johnson said "Without a doubt, you can rest assured that Jerry is not happy, and this could cause some tension all around, look, Jerry does not like to lose, period...Jerry went out and got T.O., he has not reaped the rewards from that acquisition yet..."

Do you want to coach again? "I must say, I've had that itch every now and then, it would have to be the ideal situation, very ideal"

Would you coach the Cowboys again? "I doubt it, but you never want to say no, coaching is very political these days, even more than when I was in Dallas, I doubt I would, but you can never close that door, I love football"

for more updates visit http://gryphononcowboys.blogspot.com/
  2. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    comeback jimmy! we need your help!
  3. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    What a Knee Jerk reaction from a know nothing coach.:D

Would you coach the Cowboys again? "I doubt it, but you never want to say no, coaching is very political these days, even more than when I was in Dallas, I doubt I would, but you can never close that door, I love football"

Very interesting quote.
  4. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,431 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    Jimmy quit on us before, so why bring him back? He won in a non-cap era, we don't know if he would win in a cap era.

Re his comments, while he might be right, he was the same guy who claimed with Drew before the season, we were a contender for the SB. So which is it Jimmy?
  5. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Jimmy needs to learn how to watch a football game......Good Gawd!! :D
  6. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,440 Messages
    433 Likes Received

That know nothing coach snapped off as many Super Bowl wins in 5 years as Parcells has amassed in more than 4 times that long. But, now that I look, I see a big green faced smiley:eek: , so I may have misinterpreted the original meaning of your post. If so, my apologies, sir. :D

SS

:star:
  7. lewpac

lewpac Benched

1,465 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've always had a different take on Jimmy Johnson.
    Jerry Jones has been the easy target for everything bad that's happened to Dallas since he bought team.
    I remember when he was the laughing stock of the NFL for buying the team, replacing Landry with Jimmy, etc........Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE made fun of him and predicted doom and gloom for Dallas.
    Three rings (and alot of wins) later..................
    And Jerry Jones got very little, if ANY credit for anything.
    Hey, he's the one who HIRED Jimmy Johnson in the face of ridicule wasn't he?
    He's the one who, though Johnson did most of the picking, PAYED for the players Jimmy wanted wasn't he?
    All he wanted back then from Jimmy was a fair shake and a little credit. Johnson, and egomaniac, would give him none, zero, nada. Just read Jimmy's book. If you don't think he's perfect, just ask him.
    I hold J. Johnson more responsible than J.Jones for my team not winning 5,6,7 in a row, which was very possible back then. Johnsons ego wouldn't allow Jones ANY credit whatsoever for the success. I'd be a little put-off if I were Jones too.
    So, anything Johnsons say's about Dallas since then is spun and slanted in my opinion.
  8. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    why do people always ask if he wants to coach again?
  9. Rampage

Rampage Benched

24,117 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    dude he was joking
  10. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,440 Messages
    433 Likes Received

Yeah, I think I addressed that.:rolleyes:

SS

:star:
  11. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,023 Messages
    1,302 Likes Received
    Man, I think it would be ideal to get Jimmy here.

Johnson loves our young defense already, he is always talking about it. He obviously doesn't like the offense though. He doesn't like the qb, owens, or the line....
  12. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received

This is basically the same conditions he had in Miami (minus the QB) and got nowhere.
  13. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well it's nice to know that a legit source thinks Romo may give us the best chance to win NOW as well...:bow:
  14. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,568 Messages
    838 Likes Received
    All I can say is :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
  15. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,568 Messages
    838 Likes Received

Except, unlike Marino, guess how long Bledsoe wouyld last:)
  16. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,781 Messages
    2,502 Likes Received
    They rarely ask that of coaches who weren't successful.
  17. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I know, but Jimmy always says he doesn't want to go through the grind again

Jimmy's never returning to coaching, book it
  18. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,781 Messages
    2,502 Likes Received
    If the reporters don't ask, they can't get a quote like that. It's about speculation. It fuels articles.
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,315 Messages
    4,467 Likes Received
    They keep asking because one day, he could say yes.
  20. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,334 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    I thought he just did....or it was the biggest crack in the door I've ever seen. He's been feeling the itch...he loves football...he may be ready for a challenge. He covered his butt about Dallas because he doesn't think Jerry would ask him back, but even on that issue he made it clear the door is not completely shut in his own mind.