1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP:John Sabol on ESPN Radio just said...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by AMERICAS_FAN, Nov 24, 2006.

1. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    John Seibol (sp?) on ESPN Radio just said...
    ...that Dallas will not only have the most success in the NFC from this point fowrard, but will have the most success in the NFL; they will win the Super Bowl because Romo is the second coming of Tom Brady.

Yesterday, before the game, Seibll insisted that Dallas would lose to Tampa Bay because the week before they had a statement win against the Colts; and in the Parcells/Dallasl era, after a statmeent win the Cownboys lose big.

Now, after the Tanpa game, Seibol acknowledged what he said yesterday, and wen on to say that by beating Tampa the way the did - and the way Romo followed-up the Colts win with a record-setting day on Thanksgiving - Dallas has proved it is on its way. And Seibol is now predicting a Super Bowl for us.

WOW! :D

AF
  2. Bryan8284

Bryan8284 Active Member

1,377 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How sweet of a day would a SB win be.

I don't doubt the team's chance of making it there, though late January in Chicago is tough, but Super Bowl against NE? SD? Indy again?

Tough tough games.
  3. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Gee how convenient. Just like an espn guy, to reach and say we will lose and then overreact the next day and say we will win the super bowl.

If we lose to the giants I am sure he will have us finishing third in the division.

These guys have the easiest job in america, they just make general statements and overreact to everything, they can say anything and be right..
  4. Jay

Jay Active Member

1,622 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    These guys and meteorologists, at least the ones up here in the northeast. They tell us we're getting a foot of snow and we get about 5 snowflakes--we're supposed to get an inch and we end up getting drilled.

These guys just flip coins and pray.
  5. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,080 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Looking at the NFC picture today, I think that we can all agree it would take a complete collapse for this team to miss the playoffs. If they go into Giants stadium next week and beat the Giants, we should start talking BYE week and whether we can catch the Bears for home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

But based upon how this team has played the past 5 games, you'd have to think that they are one of the favorites to win the NFC and go to the Superbowl.
  6. Manster68

Manster68 Well-Known Member

1,607 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    What John Seibel went on to say was...

...THREE OTHER TIMES, DALLAS PLAYED ON BOTH THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS.

Whatever the Cowboys did on Thanksgiving, they did on Christmas (as far as win/lose).

The one time they lost was in 2000. Dallas lost to Minnesota on Thanksgiving (for the 2nd time in three years), then got shut out by Tennessee on the final game of the dismal 2000 season.

HOWEVER...

The two other years Dallas won on Thanksgiving (and then Christmas), was 1971 and 1995.

What happened those years?

The Cowboys won the Super Bowl!!!!

Just something to watch for.
  7. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    its so funny to think that when we lost to the giants on monday nite and put romo in, we all thought it was the end of the world. and now look whats goin on.....
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,163 Messages
    4,346 Likes Received
    So yesterday we were going to lose to tampa and now 24 hours later we are going to win the super bowl. Got it.
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I am from Utica, Ny. I know all about that!!

I had many days where I got to school, only to come home at about 10 am because the weather guys blew it and we ended up with 2.5 feet of snow!!

Good times!
  10. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,933 Messages
    1,000 Likes Received
    Makes sense. I was wondering about the heart of this team myself. I've seen us drop an easy game too many times after winning a big game against a quality opponent (Redskins in Week 10?). When that happens it's because you have a mentally soft team that, quite frankly, isn't ready for the playoffs, which take a string of big wins against great teams. Yesterday, Dallas proved it was over the hump.
  11. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,670 Messages
    765 Likes Received
    I think Siebol (sic) was being facetious.
    You have to take what he says with a grain of salt.

I think the two "statement" games left on our schedule are the Giants game (for obvious reasons) and the Saints game because we'll have to play the Saints run AND pass and because Sean Payton knows the Cowboys.

But the Saints can be scored upon (38 to Steelers, 31 to Bengals) and we have the receivers to exploit their secondary.

Atlanta's receivers don't scare me and Tampa, Cleveland, Baltimore and Detroit have already deviced the game plan on how to stop Michael Vick. Expect DeMarcus Ware to play that role to the T.

We win the Saints and Giants games, and I'm going to feel more confident saying we may be the team to beat in the playoffs. I'm still not dismissing the Bears, though.
  12. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,885 Messages
    699 Likes Received

Well if this was yesterdays Cowboys team he would have been right.... we are todays Cowboys team.... heck we are now seeing the future Cowboys team