1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Mickey with BaD Radio on The Ticket.

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Sep 27, 2006.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,785 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Mick:
    • I was just talking to somebody and they told me the reason bad reporting is prevelent today is because with the internet that they can't just sit on a story and wait til it's accurate. They have to get it out there before checking all of the facts.
    • The police report everyone had seen is not the final police report, but a preliminary observation.
    • I've had alot of police officials tell me that you don't quit the investigation if you think he attempted suicide and that he would have to be held for a 72 hour observation period.
    • Lt. Watson was so terse because he wasn't so much mad with the media as he is with someone leaking the info. I would imagine his superiors told him to get a handle on the situation.
    • I don't have a professional opinion on this, but just seeing him yessterday, he didn't seem like a depressed person at all.
    • I don't know if his combination of supplements and pills made him make a bad decision on what he was taking.
    • There are tents on the lawn everywhere where stations are doing live reports. There is also a helicopter flying over. THis is very Irvin-esque in regards to the media attention.
  2. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    thanks trick. The 72 hour period mickey states was in psychiatric care.
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,179 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    heh - the cowboys are back!!!! we've got the spotlight again and we aim to keep it! hopefully by winning, but this is a start!!!

while i agree with the outcome of the 1st bullet, i disagree it's an excuse to do a crappy job when accurate reporting IS your job. but in a world of instant gratification i do see why it happens.
  4. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,169 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Clear the air TO.......