1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Mickey with BaD Radio on The Ticket...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Nov 20, 2006.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,713 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Mickey:
    • The lead story for me yesterday is the defense. If you had told me they turn the ball over twice in the first half, have the ball in scoring position twice and not score, I would have said they were done. The defense really stepped up and played well.
    • Romo told me that enough can't be written about the defense after this game.
    • Four turnovers, they haven't had more then two in any other. Intercept Manning twice hold them to 14 points. You couldn't ask for much better.
    • They had no Ellis, Newman was out a few plays as was Henry. We don't have an injury report yet, but it seems the biggest injury is Ryan Fowler with a broken finger. He is wearing a big cast but he says it looks worse than it is.
    • It was an all around great team effort. That's how you beat good teams.
    • There is great concern about the kicking game right now. The only thing really out there is Billy Cundiff. Vanderjagt is 13-17, had one blocked and 3 clank off of the right upright. They need to get him back to kicking aggressively. The way he is kicking now reminds me of TC when he was trying to baby the ball through the uprights. He needs to boom the ball like he is known for.
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Oh man, he is probably our best ST tackler!

So what you're saying is we can replace Vandershank with... Vandershank?
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,424 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    So of his 4 missed FGs, one was blocked and the other 3 all hit the right upright? I know the 2 yesterday were over 40 yards, what is the other one? I want to say 40+ too.

13 / 17 = 76%

3 hit the right upright? Why am I seeing that Neil Rackers Powerade commercial in my head and thinking his mental holiday is he wants his own commercial?
  4. Kevlee06

Kevlee06 New Member

470 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, Vandy is not swinging his leg aggresively at all. To me it seems he's even hitting the ball of the wrong part of his foot and that might be a reason he pushes it the wrong way. disclaimer: former kicker insight here.
  5. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,010 Messages
    1,586 Likes Received
    The way Fowler tackles, he could have webbed fingers and it wouldn't phase him.
  6. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,010 Messages
    1,586 Likes Received
    Hos, is it too simplistic to just recommend that he aim at the left upright?:confused:
  7. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,802 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    LOL, when that first one bonked the upright that was the first thing that went through my head (well, other than &*%#$**^)

"What is he trying to do, show up Rackers?"
  8. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I thought he was 12 of 17 including the block. That's 10% below what Parcells wants.

Fortunately we've survived all of his misses except the block, of course, which was not his fault.

What gets me is the kickoffs; if Suisham is available then why not sign and activate him? He's a weapon.
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It's like Golf. If you start changing your aim because you are slicing, then your are making a HUGE mistake. The best thing to do is fix whats ailing you. Don't fix whats broken (by changing your aim), actually fix what is broken!
  10. Hostile

118,424 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    Or how about running up the middle so he kicks from the middle instead of either hash mark?
  11. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,028 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Vandy is a good kicker. He is having some problems, but we are not going to find anyone better among the street FAs out there now.
  12. Hostile

118,424 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    So it isn't just me? Whew.
  13. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Every time I see a thread concerning the idiot kicker I'm reminded of the opportunity to sign Adam V.:mad:
  14. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Those stats were of Vandy, not Cundiff. It was a little confusing the way they wrote it.
  15. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,428 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Everytime I read that we had an opportunity to sign vinatieri, I'm reminded of the facts that: 1) Indy's big-money offer was contingent on his signing then and there;the Colts would not let him get on the plane to Dallas. 2) Vinatieri likely wanted to go to the rival Colts in order to stick it to the Pats, who snubbed him with a low-ball offer.

Vinatieri was my first choice as well, but the opportunity to sign him was not there.
  16. Hostile

118,424 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    Some will never admit this Erik.

Sadly I might add.
  17. jcblanco22

jcblanco22 Active Member

1,334 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Where is Tim Seder when you need him?
  18. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I hope Fowler can play. He's been our best special teams player this year.
  19. Hostile

118,424 Messages
    1,476 Likes Received
    Could anybody else hear him yelling and growling on the tackles yesterday?

It was firing me up.
  20. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,336 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    Fowler has been doing that the last few games. I can hear him on every tackle.