1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Mickey with D&M on The Ticket...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Aug 10, 2006.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,759 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    Not much this morning, guys...

Mickey:
    • There will be one practice today.
    • Vandy isn't worried about missing FG's so far. He says he is a notoriously slow starter. He is missing more than he is making including 0-3 yesterday. He did tell me the groin ans quad are a little sore right now. He said he won't kick again til Saturday or do any KO's til they get back to Dallas. All three kickers are showingly poorly and missing to the right. It would be the Cowboys luck to pay him this much and then he tanks.
    • This thing with Beriault may be coming to an end. They seem more concerned with his knee than his concussion. His knee was noticably bothering him. They may cut their losses instead of putting him on IR again.
    • Parcells is likely sitting the veterans early on Saturday instead of late. He wants to see alot of the young guys. Don't be surprised to see Tyson Thompson starting.
  2. jman

jman Active Member

1,765 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sad...I really liked that guy.
  3. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    It's too bad, I was rooting for Justin.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,437 Messages
    3,673 Likes Received
    Sad about Justin.

You just really root for a guy that gives it his all, is showing well in camp and then falls due to injury.
  5. DanTanna

DanTanna Original Zone Member Zone Supporter

2,215 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    It's neat how Justin has become a fan favorite. The Ball State Wrecking Ball.
  6. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,849 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    He has the heart and talent, just not the health, tough business.
  7. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,166 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    This thing with Beriault may be coming to an end.

One word....SUCKS
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,508 Messages
    1,498 Likes Received
    I guess I really don't understand this whole deal with the kicker. He's sore from kicking? How does this happen? I mean, I understand getting sore from maximum effort in workouts. I understand being sore from using muscles you don't typically use. I don't understand this. Is he kicking a hundred balls a day? Doesn't sound like he is from the camp reports but who knows? Surely he must be conditioned to kick. I mean, is he so out of condition in the off season that he comes to camp and turns up lame because he has to kick?

I am rapidly starting to get that all too familiar feeling of another high profile FA delivering a swift kick in the Nards to us after he cashes the signing bonus check.

Hope I'm wrong.
  9. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,759 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    I'm starting to get a tiny bit concerned.... Mickey also said there is no "pop" on the ball when he kicks it...
  10. BlueStar22

BlueStar22 Well-Known Member

8,239 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    ....and why is he kicking only 3 or 4 balls per day. He may be kicking more but it seems all reports are he's 1-3, 0-3, 2-3, etc.
  11. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,989 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    That's how many times they are actually lining up 11 on 11 and kicking FGs, not the total number of kicks he is doing per day.
  12. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,532 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    ... insert kicking joke here. :lmao2:
  13. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,390 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Good news about Vanderjact.

That sucks about Beriault, but it's not a surprise. His knees are shot. At least he made a little bit of money in the NFL.
  14. dallasfan31

dallasfan31 New Member

481 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he not really nothing specal we ok without him.