1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Peter King with Norm on The Ticket...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by davey999, Mar 15, 2006.

1. davey999

davey999 Well-Known Member

1,347 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    -TO perfect for Dallas but he needs us as much as we need him. Won't happen right away.
    -Vinatieri won't come to Dallas. Does not believe that Dallas want to spend the money to get him.
    -Vanderjagt and Mare are possibilities.

EDIT: Inman Roshi's recap:

Are the Cowboys at the front of the line for TO?
    Yes, they have the money, a need and they cut Keysahwn. He’s the best fit for Dallas. I think he’ll end up there after a huge amount of jawing back and forth over money. It makes too much sense with Parcells maybe only coaching 1 year more.

If Terrell Owens comes here and the Cowboys don’t offer what he wants, will TO get upset at a perceived lack of respect?
    Wherever he goes, he has a chance to be the best offensive player in the NFL next year. He knows he has the reputation of being a 1st-class-A-#1 turd, so he knows he has got to fix his reputation this year for people to pay any money in the future. To me, he’s got to stay clean for a couple of years and not be a jerk.

So in theory you would give him a 1 year contract?
    I don’t think he’ll do that Norm. He’ll have to get real, legitimate money to not be a distraction. There are a lot of ways you can write up a contract in the NFL to motivate players, but the Cowboys won’t hand him a check for $15 million bucks, like some have speculated, because he needs them too. The Broncos aren’t going to pay him the money the Cowboys can.

Who else is in the line for his services?
    A lot of people in it, but not like Dallas and Denver. Kansas City is still interested. The Dolphins are interested. But none of them have the money the Cowboys have.

Why shouldn’t we worry that he’s going to be an 1st-class-A-#1 turd?
    Look at his first year in Philly. He was terrific his first year in Philly. He did everything this team asked him to do. He rehabbed a broken leg in 6 weeks to play in one of the greatest performances in Superbowl History. He’s a A-Number-1 warrior as well as a turd. You want him on your team for a year or maybe more. Bill Parcells masterly coached one of the most difficult players of all time in LT. He’ll be able to handle Terrell Owens, believe me.

What would the Packers ask for Javon Walker?
    I’m sure a high draft choice, but for me ... I’m not paying a guy huge money coming off an knee injury. If I’m the Cowboys I get TO and pair him with Terry Glenn, and live happily ever after.

What do the Saints do with the #2 pick?
    Trade him down to #4 with the Jets, and then maybe try to trade down again. But I would trade down to #4 and take Mario Williams or D’Brickshaw Ferguson, who is probably the best player in the draft.

Is Vince Young sliding?
    Not since the Combine. I don’t think he’ll fall past the Raiders at #7, unless they get Patrick Ramsey or something. If so, he won’t get pas the Cardinals at #10.

The Titans pick #3. McNair and Vince Young are tight, but Norm Chow is tight with Leinart. Where do the Titans go?
    A lot will be determined a week from today with Vince Young’s workout. Fisher said he’s going with an open mind, but privately he says he’s concerned about some things. He’s going to do an investigation about the Wonderlic debacle. The Titans are not taking McNair into the draft room to ask his opinion on who to pick. They’ll bring Chow into the room and ask him “Is Leinart the perfect QB to run this offense?”.

The Cowboys said they are getting a vet kicker. Will Vinny go back to New England?
    He wont go to Dallas. Dallas won’t spend $3 million on a kicker, and he thinks his market value is more than it is. Or he might go to Green Bay, because his former agent is there. Then Olindo Mare comes into play for Dallas. And Miami probably goes to for Vanderjagt.

Mare is a good kicker, and a good kickoff man also. Why is Miami sending him away?
    Because Nick Saban is like Bill Belichick. He has a figure in mind for a kicker that he is willing to pay for a kicker, and he’s not going to pay more for that. I think they’ll get Vanderjagt. He’s not going to cost for anymore than what they are paying Mare now.

Did it stun you that Brees chose the Saints?
    Stunning, stunning, stunning. I talked to people in both organizations. NO was the rabbit who was being used to drive up the price. Saban wanted Brees, but they aren’t sure his arm will be healthy enough to work through a new offense this spring and fall. But they think everything will be okay by the start of the season. The reason I think it’s a mistake is October 1st, we’ll all be saying Brees was a great signing. He’s an efficient player. He’s one of the few QB’s in this league you can count on putting up a 90 QB rating. You know what Brees is. I don’t know what Culpepper is right now. Without Randy Moss he was a lost sheep last year. The medical people think he’ll be okay, but the early part of his rehab has been horrible. This guy was doing part of his rehab running in a Wall Mart parking lot in Central Florida. He wouldn’t workout with the Vikings. He said he’s his own man, blah, blah, blah. So the Vikes sent a guy down to check up on him, and they found out he’s been working out doing sprints on a parking lot.
  2. BigTex

BigTex New Member

100 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good stuff!

C-Pep was running at a Wal-Mart?:lmao2: Are you kidding me!
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    If Adam V is gone then sign Mare. I don't trust the drunken idiot.
  4. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 New Member

1,453 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Vanderjagt will prolly want as much as Vinateri, Vinateri is beter, but Jerry wants to be cheap and get a minimum wage kicker, that cant get it through the uprights. Ima laugh my a** off when we lose a couple of games b/c of missed FG's. Then we will all look back and wonder why Jerry didnt spend that extra 2 mil to get us to the playoffs and WIN a playoff game, something that we havent done in a decade!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need TO, and Vinateri to have a shot at the playoffs, especially when you look at the offseason moves that other teams such as NYG(Arrington, Madison, McQuarters,etc) and WSH(Lloyd, El, Carter, Archuleta, etc.) and ARI(Edge James) also the vikings(Hutchinson, Longwell, etc) have made. We need to get on the ball NOW if we wanna have a shot at the playoffs, alot of teams not only in our division, but in the entire NFC are making changes that'll actually help them WIN games, to get into the playoffs, we need to do the same thing!

GET TO
    GET VINATERI
    GET AN RT
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,067 Messages
    681 Likes Received
    Mare would be a good signing. 83% and he has excellent kickoffs.
  6. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 New Member

1,453 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Vinateri is a great kicker, but Jerry wants to be cheap and get a minimum wage kicker, that cant get it through the uprights. Ima laugh my a** off when we lose a couple of games b/c of missed FG's. Then we will all look back and wonder why Jerry didnt spend that extra 2 mil to get us to the playoffs and WIN a playoff game, something that we havent done in a decade!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need TO, and Vinateri to have a shot at the playoffs, especially when you look at the offseason moves that other teams such as NYG(Arrington, Madison, McQuarters,etc) and WSH(Lloyd, El, Carter, Archuleta, etc.) and ARI(Edge James) also the vikings(Hutchinson, Longwell, etc) have made. We need to get on the ball NOW if we wanna have a shot at the playoffs, alot of teams not only in our division, but in the entire NFC are making changes that'll actually help them WIN games, to get into the playoffs, we need to do the same thing!

GET TO
    GET VINATERI
    GET AN RT
  7. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,210 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Better ask Terrell who he wants kicking for him. Hes about to own this team. We surely dont want to piss him off now do we?
  8. NovaCowboy

NovaCowboy Benched

634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ummm. yeah, but he couldnt handle Antonio Bryant.
  9. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Thats brilliant.

Vanderjack has a career 87% conversion factor. Nobody that has ever kicked in NFL is more accurate.

Lets bring in a parade of PK scrubs! Yes - thats it!
  10. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,158 Messages
    124 Likes Received
  11. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,027 Messages
    646 Likes Received
    maybe AB wasn't worth it. TO acts like a jerk but he backs it up. AB did squat in this league and came in with a poor attitude that Campo should have squashed.
  12. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But with Owens here we won't need a kicker except for extra points. The great TO will score a TD every time we throw the ball within 10 feet of him so we will never have to rely on a long field goal. :eek:

:rolleyes:
  13. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Be weary of King's predictions.
  14. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mare is hardly a scrubb.
  15. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think AB is a poor example. He's just a young punk.

I believe a better example is Keyshawn Johnson. I think TO and Keyshawn are very similar. Huge egos, in love with themself, always trying to get a bigger contract, if they feel someone disrespects them, they will let the entire world know. But on the field, they're both tough players who give it all not only on gameday but at practice. TO is more talented though.

Parcells is a psychologist. I'm not sure how much Bill benefited from being Key's coach as a rookie, but I think if anyone has a shot in taming TO, it's Bill.
  16. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  17. Glenn Carano

Glenn Carano New Member

574 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why put up with a punk when he's no good? You're comparing a Hall of Fame LB and one of the best to ever play the game, a WR who is headed for the Hall of Fame and Antonio Bryant? :lmao2:
  18. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

6,965 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Nova, I agree...By the way I don't think Trick actually said that (above) just quoted the article. I don't think you intended to make it sound that way, but I had to go back and read it myself just to check so I wanted to clear that up.

Having said that in regards to the LT reference. I think its an apples to oranges comparision. LT was disruptive to himself off the field...TO is disruptive with players and coach's on and off the field.
  19. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,336 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    Exactly! L.T. was an impact, one-of a-kind, playmaker. A.B. is JAG with potential and not worth the aggravation.
  20. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

1. Vanderjerk has kicked indoors his whole career.

2. If we signed Vanderdrunk, who would kick off? Drew Bledsoe? Or do we sign Ty Law for kickoff duties?