1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Press Conference 10/11/06

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Oct 11, 2006.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,706 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    Parcells:
    • We'll list ? on on the injury port this week as questionable.
    • On Owens being more productive in the offense. We would like to get all of the players productive in the offense.
    • To my knowledge TO wasn't being disruptive to the coaches on the sideline, at least it wasn't reported to me.
    • I don't know if Watkins will start this week, we will see. I'm trying to encourage him. You find out alot about players through adversity.
    • We'll get a good luck at Coleman this week to see if he is ready.
    • It doesn't make any difference if Watkins made a rookie mistake or not. It just doesn't matter.
    • Coleman has been working real hard for a month. I know that because I know where he's been. He didn't seem to have any difficulty today.
    • I don't know too much about what's going on with the substance abuse policy, but I wasn't happy. I think there were a couple of situations that were a bit unusual. It doesn't matter now, it's over.
    • Reporters don't know how many plays were directed at TO. How many mistakes were made, what the gameplan was. There were five more passes directed at him than any other player. I'll just say that. I'm going to stop this talk now. He hasn't been used as a decoy.
    • They run a similar offense to Denver. I am impressed by Carr. They are doing a really good job with him. They have good quality WR, they have a big RB, a couple of good complimentary RB. They get their TE involved in the plan. THe defense has struggled at times, but they had two weeks to prepare for us which is a concern.
    • We have to do a better job of protecting Drew. We can't overcome those things, no team can. When you give up 17 points on turnovers in a game you aren't going to win much.
    • I may give Gurode some more shots in the shotgun, but that isn't the problem. We have to block the players. The shotgun isn't the answer because the QB has to take his eyes off of the coverage.
    • We just flat out has too many mistakes the other day. We are talking to the team about that.
    • Houston has a couple of young players that look pretty good. It's easy to look at a player like that and see he has the potential to be a pretty good player. They also had Hoyte, but we have him now. We watched quite a bit of film on them.
    • Bledsoe is the same guy that played against the Redskins. I don't care who you are, when that happens, when you get that kind of durress, you aren't going to make good decisions. The last two years I know he has been over .500. I'm not going to debate you on if he should be replaced.
    • I can't answer accurately on whether he is satisfying me, not from last week. We pretty much had a breakdown across the board.
    • When you give up 185 yards on 3 plays, that's too many I think. You have to execute the defense, that's what you have to do.
    • I would expect our future opponents to try and do what the Eagles did, I would try it based on last week. The Texans blitzed 50% of the time against Miami.
    • The DL was average last week. I thought they played well against Washington. I need to see more from them.
    • I think the next 7 or 8 games through Thanksgiving are very important to us. We will have to play well if we are going to do anything. It's a key time, we have two games here then three on the road then back here against Indy. We will know about this team then.
    • I've been very happy with our running game.
    • I really don't know what's holding Owens back. He really hasn't had a lot of work when you consider everything. When you get enough it usually clicks, so that is what I am hoping for.
    • I talked about Julius last week. He is bursting at the right time, waiting for his blocks, blocking better. He looks like a much more experienced back. I've had a lot of good backs, and there comes a time when you just know he will make the right decision every time. I'm not there with him yet, but he really has improved alot. He is going more with the flow of the game, he also isn't getting many minus plays. Now he had one the other day, but that wasn't his fault. We didn't block. I don't want him at 30 carries a game. I think he is good now with the load he has. Marion can come in and take some of the load effectively. He is much more patient. When you first cme in the league you don't know the speed of the game. They don't have the patience to do what is needed to be accomplished. That is what made Emmitt a great back. Knowing where to go, when to cut and go with the flow of the play. They only ran a few plays with him but he knew what he was doing and ran remarkably well.
    • Carpenter didn't show me enough on ST last week. He looked better on KO returns.
  2. aznhalf

aznhalf New Member

882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know I'm not alone on this board in expecting Coleman to be released ASAP once his suspension was up. If we get any solid effort from him it will be a pretty nice bonus. Hopefully we don't cut anyone that we regret to make room for him though.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,526 Messages
    3,367 Likes Received
    Thanks Trick... :)

I think this is a very interesting statement and could, in some ways, explain TO's slow start. This might as well be his training camp, since he didn't get much work during it.
  4. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,232 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Bledsoe is the same guy that played against the Redskins. I don't care who you are, when that happens, when you get that kind of durress, you aren't going to make good decisions. The last two years I know he has been over .500. I'm not going to debate you on if he should be replaced.

Oh hell, we're set then:rolleyes:
  5. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,407 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    this right here shows me how much of an idiot tuna is....what a wasted pick...over .500 wow....how about winning in the playoffs or at least getting there....
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Actually, I beleive counted two plays for negative yards, two plays for zero yards, I beleive two plays for one yard, and two plays for 2 yards.

Shrug. Whatever :)
  7. WoodysGirl

64,526 Messages
    3,367 Likes Received
    I'm sure when he says minus plays, he means minus yards. Getting a yard or even two is not a minus play, IMO.
  8. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I know, right. Like, couldn't he have had more success with this year's draft? Like finding us a starting FS or another good versatile DE? Or add maybe some Oline prospects?
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He did have 2 plays for negative yards. Not one as he noted.

LINK
  10. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,551 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    He was answering a specific question about Bledsoe being under 500 the last few years. The question was not about playoffs.
  11. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

24,974 Messages
    604 Likes Received
    Or perhaps it shows how foolish it is to evaluate draft picks after 4 games.....
  12. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,158 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    BP was accused of not liking Henson because he would not play him. Now, Carpenter is not playing but we know from history he likes Carp.

I would just say that BP will not play you until you are ready to play.
  13. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,485 Messages
    3,722 Likes Received
    In what alternate universe?
  14. AbeBeta

24,974 Messages
    604 Likes Received
    I think he's referring specifically to that -5 yard play where Julius got stuffed by Howard. Not his fault refers to the ole' job the OL did on that one.
  15. AbeBeta

24,974 Messages
    604 Likes Received
    yeah, I thought I missed something there too.
  16. WoodysGirl

64,526 Messages
    3,367 Likes Received
    I'm not planning to read the play-by-play. I'll take your word for it.

But that wasn't how your post was written. Seemed as if you were saying that getting one or two yards was still a minus play, when that isn't the case.
  17. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Isn't he on the PS?
  18. Alexander

23,485 Messages
    3,722 Likes Received
    That isn't very comforting either. In fact, it is a fairly weak defense and one he probably shouldn't have used. It might be construed that his expectations are very low.
  19. Alexander

23,485 Messages
    3,722 Likes Received
    Hoyte? He's on the active roster.
  20. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,502 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    He was talking about NC State, not the Texans, and referencing Mario Williams.

Williams, McCargo, Lawson, Hoyte.