1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: Press Conference - 11/15/06

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Nov 15, 2006.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,908 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    Parcells:
    • Re-signed Polite. Still listing T-Glenn on the injury report, he is probable. Everyone practiced today.
    • I'm concerned about a couple of positions on our team depth-wise, one is RB, so that is why we signed Lou. He's smart and knows both FB and TB.
    • We've been looking for a replacement for Greg for 48 hours, still haven't found one.
    • Right now I'm worried about depth at TE, RB, LB and we are ok with DL unless something big happened.
    • I worked 3 or 4 guys in at Ellis' position today. Singleton, Carpenter Burnett some and Glenn some.
    • One problem is that some of our ST players will now be frontline players. You have to replace those. I need to get the spot filled as quickly as I can.
    • This is one of the reasons we kept Als here. He is a very dependable person; he's the same guy everyday. He is the consummate professional. I personally like him a lot.
    • There are always vets not starting that make pretty good money. That's why Als is here. We had a couple of people interested in him but we kept him.
    • Carp only played 11 plays the other night and they were all passing. I hope he comes along and he will be in this mix.
    • This is not just Peyton we are facing; this is a very veteran offensive team. They aren't complicated but like everything I think they are the poster child for execution. They all understand their offense. They are confident as well. All of this moving around that is so aesthetically pleasing to the the media, well this team is the antithesis and look at how good they are.
    • Peyton has been doing this very well for a long time now. I can't overemphasize the importance of how long these guys have played together. That is a big advantage.
    • It's important to get pressure, but they also do a lot of max protection. They run a lot of play-action as well. They are prepared for anything you throw at them blitz-wise.
    • Anyone should be impressed what they have done over the last couple of years.
    • Like I told the players, Indy hasn't struggled enough against the run because no one has beat them. It doesn't make any difference how many yards they are giving up to the run, they are undefeated. On the other hand, they are the #2 pass defense.
    • They are a team that is confident they can come back on you if they have to.
    • Looking at both Keith and Watkins at S.
    • Big plays have been an issue for us this year. They are gonna do what they do regardless of what you are doing. You have to decide how you are gonna approach things. You don't ever go into a game saying you can't watch for the deep pass, especially this team or they will beat you bad.
    • If you play coverage all day they will nickel and dime you. It will take them a little longer but they will do what they do.
    • They place a premium on the pass rush. They would probably like to be a little better against the run, but they get results.
    • Yes, Carpenter is still bringing me water at practice. He is doing fine. Maybe he gets his chance to play now. I hear from his dad periodically and no he doesn't get a progress report. What do you think this is, the PTA? What else do we have that's pertinent?
    • I didn't know these were the top two rated passers, but I guess you are going to tell me. Am I teasing Romo about it? No.
    • They do what we call the "Muddle-Huddle" a little bit, but we have to be prepared for that every week anyway.
    • Clark is kind of a WR/TE, they use him like Cooley. He's a good player.
    • Harrison always plays on Newman's side mostly. 99% he will be on the defensive left.
    • I think Newman has done alright against big play WR. Those guys last week were pretty good.
    • Vinny signed with NE cause he just wanted to get out of the house.
    • Dungy has done a great job there. Winning a SB is difficult. You have to be very fortunate and have some luck on your side.
    • It's my job to keep Tony (Romo) on the ground. Some times the way he practices makes it easy to do that. We didn't give him every snap today. I'm more interested in seeing how he practices tomorrow.
    • I was lucky with kicker like Stover and Vinatieri. I thought Adam was more like a football player than a kicker. He had more physicality to him, a tough guy. Matt couldn't kick off any more, Adam had played in Europe. We didn't talk about going after him in the off-season.
    • Vanderjagt hasn't had a chance to kick a game-winning FG yet, do you think: He hasn't? Really? Vanderjagt's done alright. I've been happy with his kickoffs, it's a little below standard but we've had good results. He's been kicking the ball pretty consistently in practice. He seems to be in rhythm now.
  2. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,178 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    OK--read between the lines.....Als will start--book it
  3. Bryan8284

Bryan8284 Active Member

1,377 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Glenn at LB?
  4. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,921 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    = FullBack and ??? :confused:
  5. sk0aL

sk0aL New Member

892 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wanna see Glenn get down in a 3 point stance on the LOS. :laugh1:

TB = tailback
  6. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think this was supposed to be Glymph.
  7. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,908 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    I thought so to, but I could have sworn he said Glenn...
  8. Bryan8284

Bryan8284 Active Member

1,377 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would imagine it would be Glymph.
  9. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He may have - he's had trouble with names before.
  10. Cochese

Cochese Benched

7,360 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    tailback
  11. SteveOS

SteveOS Dedicated to Sports Gaming

1,883 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Vinny signed with NE cause he just wanted to get out of the house.

LMAO!

Thanks TB.
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,689 Messages
    4,962 Likes Received
    Interesting.

I have read just the opposite.
  13. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,899 Messages
    2,707 Likes Received
    I wonder if Singleton was who got dangled in the trade Stephen Jones referred to at the Deadline?
  14. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,700 Messages
    987 Likes Received

Of course he is going to tell the media that he didnt talk about going after him.... that becomes a story then.... after evey Vandy shank... BP has learned what to tell and not to tell to the media
  15. TtownCowboy

TtownCowboy Member

359 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the post TB.
  16. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,682 Messages
    543 Likes Received
    Yes, Carpenter is still bringing me water at practice. He is doing fine. Maybe he gets his chance to play now. I hear from his dad periodically and know he doesn't get a progress report. What do you think this is, the PTA? What else do we have that's pertinent?

Vinny signed with NE cause he just wanted to get out of the house.

:laugh2::lmao:
  17. 31smackdown

31smackdown Well-Known Member

1,053 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Glenn plays psuedo LB'er in the 4-2-5
  18. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,375 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Sounds like Al is solid but not spectacular, we know what we will get from him.
  19. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,689 Messages
    4,962 Likes Received
    Hasn't that always been the case?

Except for the fact he is TINY, that is precisely why we kept him around. For emergencies just like this.
  20. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    AlS is 6-2 250, he isn't tiny. The big negative on him is that he is in no way and will never be mistaken for a pass rusher.