1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: Talking Cowboys1/8

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 8, 2013.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,717 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    Mickey says he was told Skip Peete firing is the first move and more to come in the coaching dept.

They way they're talking is the changes will come on the offensive side. Talking about being told the team didnt like the way the OFFENSE played in the begining part of the season.

Mickey says they're working on offensive changes now rather than later.

Bryan B talks about Dez surgery. Went fine. Did a procedure with fusion and Dez will have limited mobility permanently in his finger going forward. Used Staubach and Owens has examples of people who have had this procedure. Will be fine.

First call of the day talks about people blaming Romo, but nobody is talking about the Wrs not getting open. Dez and Austin got owned by Redskins secondary. Good point

Mickey going on the WRs now saying Cowboy WRs do not go after the hard catches. Except for Bryant at times. Broaddus Garrett needs to find better ways to isolate WRs on single man to man matchups and execute because teams cant cover Dez and Austin one on one.

Broaddus says Teams have to be under the cap by march with ur top 51 because of NFL Europe.

Bryan Broaddus says they wont be able to resign Spencer.

Seems like Broaddus isnt convinced on Garrett, Mickey tries to defend everything Garrett.

Talking bout the draft. Broaddus thinking OL Mickey says OLB.

Email: Barrett Jones at 18. Broaddus immediately says Look at the Guard(Warmack).

Broaddus on Mike Holmgren. He's old and that should be a factor. Mickey adds in Holmgren is a micromanager and he'd want too much power. Broaddus adds in again about the age and how much would you get?

Email about 4-3: they say no 4-3.
  2. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,702 Messages
    860 Likes Received
    That sucks about Dez's finger but I was worried about that. I've had finger injuries and I know that you have to start the repair/rehab immediately or you will lose flexibility. It won't affect his career, but Dez did sacrifice a bit of quality of life to stay on the field.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,628 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received
    Interesting about all the changes being on the Offense side.

what Broaddus said about Spencer makes sense- his price is just too high for us to meet now
  4. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,717 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    They said there was another way to do the procedure but it wouldve been a 4 to 5 month healing process. This was the quicker way and Dez chose this way. Good to see he took one for the team
  5. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,594 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    Spencer knew it was time to get paid this year, so he played like it.

He and Jenkins are guys that I would be very skeptical about giving big contracts to.
  6. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,717 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    I dont think thats the case at all. I just think Ryan played him differently than he has been played in his time with the Cowboys. Spencer was literally all over the field. Even in the middle. They'd never done that with Spencer.
  7. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

if the Cowboys want him they will make it happen, I dont never underestimate Stephen in making the $ work
  8. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,090 Messages
    5,648 Likes Received
    I'm curious as to what other moves they can make on the offensive side of the ball.

OL/OC - Bill Callahan
    TEs - John Garrett
    RB - Unknown
    WRs - Jimmy Robinson

consultant/playcaller? - Unknown maybe..

Did I miss anyone?
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,398 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    Former scout versus company lap dog. Wonder who's more credible.
  10. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,090 Messages
    5,648 Likes Received
    I agree with that.. I think except for the Nnamdi thing (which I think we dodged a bullet), I think the Cowboys financially can get any player they want because of Stephen.
  11. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,717 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    The way they were talking on what they've heard is There are talks of bringing in offensive people and people on staff could have the oppurtunity to stay or leave. I think Callahan is as good as gone, Id hope Robinson stays
  12. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,594 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    In BB's case, it's a push.

'If he's soooo good, why is he available.'
  13. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,667 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Strange. On Twitter, for the past couple weeks, BB has been saying dline, dline, dline.
  14. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    164 Likes Received

When did NFL Europe come back?
  15. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,717 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    I see i forgot to add in a little bit of more info. They probably expect more change in philosophy and coaching than Player movement in releases. Right now im looking up about this nfl europe thing and all teams having to be under the cap with the top 51 by march. Thats a big blow.
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,628 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received
    and put us back in cap hell to do it? DUMB
  17. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,717 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    IDK unless i heard wrong. But im sure i didnt
  18. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,384 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    Wade Wilson should get canned. Callahan stays but loses the OC title and we go after a QB Coach/OC playcaller like Norv. Everyone else stays.
  19. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,384 Messages
    305 Likes Received
    they're both on the payroll but one knows football and the other one only repeats what he hears from the boss.
  20. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,717 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    I think thats who they were talking bout when they said current staff would have the oppurtunity to stay or leave