1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: Talking Cowboys1/8

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Rob isn't going anywhere either.
  2. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,201 Messages
    735 Likes Received
    I've noticed following Broaddus on Twitter that he's got zero understanding of the salary cap.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,039 Messages
    1,045 Likes Received
    Goose said the same on Norm this AM.
  4. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    True, but that isn't his strength. Guy is always worth listening to on player evals.
  5. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,315 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    I agree with this as well. The injuries covered up for the failure that is this defense. Especially to get off the field on 3rd down and creating turnovers. This defense was not good at getting stops when we were completely healthy. Too many times we would score on offense and then the very next series our defense couldn't stop the other team from scoring. That and other issues were very frustrating watching this defense.
  6. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    I'm not interested in losing Spencer over the 1.6mm increase in his salary from last year. He and Dez were the best two players on the team in 2012 and he was by far the most consistent. He is not old and it is hard and takes time to find production at that position.
    At 10.3 he is very fairly priced for how he played. If he wants a 4 or 5 year deal and would give some discount for it that would be fine too.

However, letting him walk and maybe getting a 2014 late 3 in return would be foolish.
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,163 Messages
    439 Likes Received
    Maybe they go after Ray Horton if AZ goes with a coach that wants his own assistants.

I think Rob was short handed, but even still I'm not a fan on any of the Ryan boys.
  8. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,177 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    I know you're not giving up sources, you never have, and I can't blame you. But how the heck do you know all of this stuff that in all reality should be behind closed doors?

Could you at least give us a hint that they are high ranking official or something? Let us figure out who on our own.
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,370 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    For those who suspect or even want Norv here in Dallas, do you believe that Romo will work in Norv's offense or do you simply believe that Romo is out?
  10. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Would you give out hints? Be honest.

How about I just tell you it is Jerry Jones and you wonder from now on whether it goes that high or not?

I have more than one across several avenues. I lost one yesterday. There's a hint for you.
  11. pgreptom

pgreptom Well-Known Member

1,462 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    An anonymous source is no longer anonymous when you start giving away hints. I like the insider input and hope he never tells a soul. Same for a few other members. I don't care if it's Jason Garrett himself. I only care about the insider info.
  12. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,522 Messages
    789 Likes Received
    If you look at it objectively you can determine that the safety play was below average before the injuries. You can also determine that the cohesion in the secondary was just not there given both your starting CBs were new.

Add in the fact that your starting NT and outside LB (Spencer) missed time at the beginning of the season and you can understand why the defense was not solid.
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,315 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    I am looking at it objectively and I saw very little improvement with this defense. They still don't create turnovers, they still can't tackle well, they still have trouble getting off the field on 3rd down. That has to get better, injuries or not, cohesion or not. It's been a problem with Ryan's defense.
  14. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,177 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    Ok, I can live with that. My next question, outside of hints, how did these relationships come about? Football at Zona? Your book? Just curious.
    I know a lot of coaches, college, hs in TX, but never have really been around nfl types.
  15. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,177 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    I don't get the fact that everbody thinks we are set at safety, Church started all of 3 games, and is coming back from an achilles. Not like a acl, a lot worse, especially for a db who has to back pedal. But with HGH he will probably be back for mini camp! ;) Suggs made it back faster then I've ever seen!
  16. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,522 Messages
    789 Likes Received
    Yup! I like Church but I am not totally convinced that he is a full-time starter. I hope he does come back quickly so he can prove himself and we can rest easy. :D
  17. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,163 Messages
    439 Likes Received
    I agree. Safety is a huge concern. I don't think Church makes it back to 75% of what he was. Matt Johnson is nothing. We are hurting bad at safety.
  18. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,452 Messages
    1,450 Likes Received
    Yup i think thats what people forget or just dont even know whats the deal with him they just see Spencer is a FA so they think that he's playing for a check.
  19. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,452 Messages
    1,450 Likes Received
    From what Broddus and Mickey were talking about today, The guy they see gone is Free. Ratliff could be gone, but Austin is staying. Oh and Dan Conner is gone.

Romo, Ware, Carr will be restructured and that with the release of free will clear the over the cap basically. Any other players released or restructured is to make cap space.
  20. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I am only going to answer this partially. My first inside source with the Cowboys was Mike Lucky. There are posters here who can confirm that if they wish to. They don't have to.

I had classes with Mike at Arizona and was on that staff as a position coach and advance scout. Good guy. I respect him a lot. If I find a connection to someone I try to find a way to contact them. I have connections to a lot of people in a lot of ways that I really don't care to divulge. No source is perfect. I can't stress that enough because people here honestly think sources must be infallible.