1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: Talking Cowboys1/8

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LatinMind, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Of course it can always work. That's only part of the problem. The other half is in order to make it work, you push cap burdens down the road and possibly forego other areas of need.

Dallas backed itself into a corner regarding Spencer. They shouldn't have tagged him last year because it's a no-win situation for Dallas. Now they've used up 9M in cap space that could have been used to sign a guy long term or even avoid some restructuring last year, thus dropping the cap number this year and years beyond and they are no better off right now than the day the season ended last year in terms of having an OLB.

They held themselves hostage.
  2. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Broaddus just said it. Firing Skip Peete was a personal issue between Peete and the head coach. "Same thing happened to Ray Sherman".
  3. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,699 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    Nothing wrong with that in my eyes. If the HC doesn't want you and y'all aren't on the same page then he's got to go.
  4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,415 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    What that Pete wanted to run the ball, and JG didn't?
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,885 Messages
    7,624 Likes Received
    They should have paid him what he was worth at the time. We needed to keep him, anyway.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,808 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    but it does as regards going out and getting other FA's. The fact that the cap will not be going up is a big reason we cannot sign Spencer. With the situation regarding the team as a whole we cannot afford him. You can get two very good FA's just for what Spencer would cost.

You are also ignoring the situation with Ware as well. And soon Lee and others will be coming up. Where is all that cap space going to come from. People need to think about things like that
  7. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Bottom line with me is that Spencer is not going to put this team over the top. They need some serious youth in the trenches and that is where they can improve significantly (draft) between now and next season.
  8. AZBOYZFAN

AZBOYZFAN Member

123 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He played LB in college so he played in space
  9. AZBOYZFAN

AZBOYZFAN Member

123 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dallas came out better for firing Sherman he was undermining the coach and had to go. Young backs on this team havent improved so they needed to play Felix on 2 balky knees that is why Peete had to go. You can always start not getting along with people after 4 years and those issues werent up at the beginning of being around that person
  10. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

309 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    It doesn't bother me. I wanted the skins to win and do well in the playoffs just so that it pisses jerry off and hopefully forces him to make some changes. Other than that i love cowboys and hate the skins!
  11. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,915 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Anyone cheering for the redskins to win in the playoffs no matter what reason is not a Cowboys fan in my book
  12. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

309 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    I don't give a rats *** about whats in your book!