1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: RECAP: The Drew Bledsoe Show on The Ticket...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by trickblue, Oct 26, 2006.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,942 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Bledsoe:
    • I guess you could say it is an intersting week in my life. It is weird and surreal. Being out of practice is a strange thing for me, it is very difficult and I didn't forsee this happening.
    • There is really one way for me to approach it. I am part of this team, I am captain of this team and I will do whatever I can to help.
    • When you are part of a team, that's what you do. I would handle it the same way even if I wasn't a captain.
    • I am out there throwing some scout team which I haven't done since I was an 18 year old in college.
    • The easy thing would be to hide from this and not talk about it. This isn't fun to talk about but I will honor my commitments to the Dallas Cowboys and this show.
    • Obviously there was speculation this year that this could happen but I really didn't think it would come about.
    • You can certainly critisize my play, but I am proud of the fact that no one can criticize my preparation or my effort on the field.
    • We were in a five point game the other night. I felt we made some mistake and I made some mistakes but I wasn't expecting to be pulled. It was quite a surprise to me.
    • Generally what happens at half time, the coaches go in for a short meeting to discuss adjustments then come out and share them with us. Chris Palmer came out of the meeting and told me they were making a change.
    • The way things are in the NFL right now, any team that loses a couple of games then a change can come at QB. THat's the way the league works now. When I first came in the league a team stuck with a QB for the year barring injury, but that has changed. It's due partly to external pressure, more media outlets and the coaches are on such a short leash as well and sometimes only have a couple of years to turn things around.
    • I've been around Bill a long time and the fact that I disagree with him has nothing to do with how I personally feel about him. He is a good coach and has a proven record, but I do still disagree.
    • It could be the case that he was waiting for a time to make the switch and decided to do it then. That is not what he said to me happened, but if it was I am certainly don't like that. He talked about the bigger picture and things like that. He told me he didn't know if this would work or if it was the right thing so be ready to play. I will prepare and be ready to go if needed.
    • You have to be prepared for whatever in this league now. You just have to be ready to go when you are called on and I will be if the opportunity arises.
    • On the int, there were two options on that play. I had thrown it in practice during the week and it worked well. Madison had press coverage and I wasn't expecting that. Had I thrown the ball quicker I might have gotten in there. The other option was Fasano over the middle. I should have thrown it out of bounds.
    • On the rushing TD, hey, I am faster than you think. Someone needs to do the research to see what my 40 was when I came up. I'm not going to tell you you'll have to find it. I put a little extra on the spike just to vent some frustration.
    • I've always shared info with other QB's. Some don't do that and try to hide some stuff. I think Tony has benefitted greatly from that and previously Vinnie. He has learned alot and I will continue to do that. In order to look in the mirror and feel good about myself, I will continue to do that. Some don't do that, Brett in GB won't do that. He said it isn't his job. I feel it is mine to help as much as I can.
    • I'm not prepared to discuss my future. I still think I can play this game, I still have the ability. You don't make decisions about a relationship after a fight. You have to wait and see what happens. We don't know what the rest of this season brings or what may occur so I will wait and see what happens after the year is over.
    • Thanks guys and we'll talk to you next week.
  2. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    what a complete idiot...

Fasano is all alone in the endzone and this nut wants to throw it away...

than there was a game or two ago where Witten had no one covering him and this knucklehead screwed the pooch on that one too...

I have seen a bunch of these last year and this year...

I swear ya'll I really am glad he is on the bench and I really hope I never ever have to watch him QB my favorite team again
  3. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,186 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    Sounds like an interview I would give if the same thing happened to me.
  4. SBChamps

SBChamps New Member

87 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I hope he doesn't. I don't want Romo to get in a bad habit of tapping the ball 100 times. :D
  5. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Umm...No.
  6. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    A true professional.....provided he does indeed do what he says
  7. GTiRacer06

GTiRacer06 New Member

60 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he handles himself with class.

he does have speed, but not quickness/agility, this is true
  8. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL, I like how he basically threw Romo's boyhood hero under the bus, Brett Favre...

:laugh2:
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,818 Messages
    639 Likes Received
    Has to be a hard thing for him to do, comming out for the media after all this, so I give him a ton of credit for that.
  10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    He is a nice guy, but yes Zaxor the guy is an idiot. Throwing that pass away isn't as bad as throwing it to Madison, but its idiotic to say when he already knows that Fasano was wide open.(and the primary option) I also have to think that the qb should know what coverage the corner is in by the time they throw it.
  11. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,249 Messages
    5,503 Likes Received
    It is good to see that he said this.
  12. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,612 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    Ooooh you are soooo much smarter than Drew. Put your agenda away.
  13. KingTuna

KingTuna New Member

1,381 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NO WAY Bledsoe is going to retire...He'll start for one more team.
  14. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,669 Messages
    3,185 Likes Received
    No he won't.

He's unprotectable.
  15. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Has it been established that Fasano was open?

Be that as it may, it was a dumb pass, and he was benched over it... let's move on.

I give him props for continuing to honor his obligations.
  16. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,110 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Not sure what you are talking about, the primary reciver is open (Fasano) and he looks at Glen, then says he should have thrown it away ?

Not what I want to hear from my QB.

Who is the one with the agenda ?
  17. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,571 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    I'm not sure how its determined that Fasano was wide open.

I watched the video again last night and specifically that play a few times to try to see the other options and the TV cameras don't have a very good view of that part of the field. You can't see all the players.

I'm not saying he wasn't open. I just couldn't tell.
  18. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,612 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    But that wasn't what he said. Here's the recap - Says nothing about Fasano being open -- nothing at all. Basing my conclusion on the actual statement. How's that an agenda?

19. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,952 Messages
    1,531 Likes Received
    When does the The Ticket bench Drew and create the Tony Romo Show? :D
  20. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    His sense of entitlement is unbelievably annoying. Adios, Drew.